Author Topic: my own bsg 3d animation  (Read 1570 times)

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
my own bsg 3d animation
« on: November 30, 2007, 08:09:16 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7BxPT35aRQQ

Thats my first combat scene ever so..
The sounds are crappy I know but I was bored and I didn't have enough time to get the sounds from btrl into the vid.

Music if anyone asks: Prelude to war by Bear McCreary (thanks to karajorma)

I DID NOT create the models.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

58th nukes for everyone. http://sloganizer.net

Slamscape

• callsign: Slamscape
    • View Profile
my own bsg 3d animation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
Reminds me of my first 3d scenes hehe. Good first try though.

Where did you get the models from? and what 3d program are you using?

Now for the criticism.
Def need to add some more frames, the ships are moving probably double the speed they should, at least for the beginning few seconds.

The background needs to have smaller and more stars

Have the camera move a bit too to track the action, not completely but say for instance in the first scene, have the camera rotated a bit to the left of where it is, and as the viper enters the scene follow it as it heads toward the raider. Plus its really hard to see the viper is shooting in the first scene.

Also in the scene where the raider gets show and blown up, have the raider moving forward in motion (left to right) and have the camera follow it (will give that fast moving look)

And finally when the mk7 does its flip turn have it go a little bit past the turn before it goes straight, might want to have the wings wobble a bit before it straightens out.

That being said, I know what a pain animation (haven't done it in a few years though) so keep trying, its amazing how much better you get between animations. I hope this helps some what, maybe I'll break out the anim progam and try too.

M-562

• callsign: slipstream
    • View Profile
my own bsg 3d animation
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »
I got the models from filefront, u can find a link somewhere on the Btrl forums when I desperatly asked for models and stuff so I could mod Btrl but kara stopped me...

I use 3ds max 8.

As for the whole animation I did this because I was bored and in relatively small amount of time and the lighting, yeah I should have put in an omni light cus it ws rlly dark.

thanks for the constructive crit (this place is way better than h2vista.net where people get called noob and their stuff is called worthless is only a tiny flaw is detected) and slam u might want to check on another anim I made, a small one with a missile. just look for more videos by maarten562.

PS: Slam u know how to add better explosions?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:56:42 PM by M-562 »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to hell with those walkin toasters! :D :D

58th nukes for everyone. http://sloganizer.net