Author Topic: Public Update Thread  (Read 59942 times)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 03:47:35 AM »
Well due to problems with my desktop, I have been restricted by how much I am able to work on the mod. I believe that it is on its last leg and upgrading it will be mandatory very soon.

I am trying to work on a few things that are not reliant on the information and file on that computer. Backgrounds being on of them, I have been trying out a few online tutorials on how to make nebula effects, plants and the like. It is very time consuming but some of the effects I am looking at is incredible.

Well that is all for now, laters.
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »
Well I figured it is time for an update. I have been working on the nebula and other background stuff with limited success. I am also thinking of some other stuff too much for even me to fully list.

I am still having trouble with my desktop that has the primary files on it, but I am working out a solution to extract them onto an external drive so I can work from any computer, partially eliminating this overall problem.

Well that is it for now I will be looking onto posting some of my less than wonderful attempts at nebula later, I suppose.

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

whitelight

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 02:57:20 AM »
Hi, im a stargate fan, and have been keeping an eye on this.
Also, i know that moving isnt easy, so much stuff to move, and if your moving long distances, it can take a while. Good luck with your new home, and hope everything is working out for you.

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »
Well a minor update. I have been very busy with work and the new home but i have been doing some major research on some information concerning SG1ED. I also have been working on a some much needed updates on the website. However I have not as of yet been able to get our new log-in info. As soon as I can get that information I will try to get an update on the website setup.

on another note I will be leaving today for a much needed vacation to Michigan, US. I am in a toss-up as to whether I should take my laptop or not. I need a chance to relax but i am also wanting to work on some projects including SG1ED.

Anyway I have been thinking  (hear, there, at work and the like, when i can think openly) of some simple combat missions to try and just show case the mod. I am also in a position to try and upgrade my computer. I am hoping that within the next month I will be able to continue working on the mod on a regular basis.

well that is all for know I suppose. See you all later, or next week whichever is the case.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 09:05:41 PM »
Well update time. Everything and I mean everything (except working, sleeping and house renovations) has been brought to a standstill (mostly because of the renovations). This means my computer is still packed up and safe from the sawdust and anything else that could destroy it.

I still have a great deal of things I am ready to implement, including alterations to the weapons and ships tables. balancing anything is always difficult.

anyway that is all for know I hope to have better news soon.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
most of the damaging work is done. However I am still not able to unpack my computer. We have to finish a room and then I can unpack it. work is making this hard but I am very excited about being able to work on the mod soon.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:40 PM »
Well I think an update is past due. I am still trying to get access to the website since the switch over. On a down note my computer is showing signs of dying, the graphics card is not working at all. I have over the last few weeks been working on the mod, finally. I was working on re-balancing the weapons and fixing some glitches with some of the textures and graphics. Anyway I am going to be looking for a sub statue for my now not working graphics card.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
I put this in the wrong thread so here it is for those who look here.

Well, Time, past time really, for an update. my new system is up and running and I am hoping to get started on working on the mod again here soon, my laptop is acting up and that is just another thing. I hope to have more details soon.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
Well I have been working on several things including fixing some issues with the effects and damage ratios on a few weapons. I am once Again attempting to get some game play for your viewing pleasure so I hope to get something... anything in fact. More Update to follow soon.... I hope.

JC4JC

ShadowGorrath

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »
Yay
DEFCON FreeSpace Dev

starlord

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »
any news regarding gameplay trailers yet JC?

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »
It has been a bit of time since my last update so I guess I should put up something.

I have been had some real life issues come about that has resulted in losing time on the mod. As for the trailer I almost had a good 15 minutes of video recored when I realized it was going about 5 fps and had no sound so. I am going to have to rerecord all of it and start from there.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »
I am still trying to get a trailer together. I have been working a little on the effects and some table balancing. other than that though there isn't much else I have been able to work on. Sorry I don't have more at this time.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 10:43:52 PM »
I realize not much is happening. Real Life is taking its toll on all my projects, personal and otherwise. I am still trying to get that footage and it is continuing to bit me in the butt.

JC4JC

jc4jc

• View Profile
Public Update Thread
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
In order to keep things going I have started making more leeway with getting a much need video made. I think I am on to a break through with the recording applications, Fraps is to expensive and others don't play nice with FS2.

I hope to have something... anything in the next few weeks... Crosses fingers!

JC4JC