Author Topic: Interesting S2 Report (MAJOR SEASON 2 SPOILER)  (Read 1984 times)

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
Interesting S2 Report (MAJOR SEASON 2 SPOILER)
« on: July 09, 2005, 03:38:16 AM »
Howdy All:

I was just browsing by TrekWeb and I encountered an interesting report for S2.  I'll believe it when I see it, but as a hint, it has to do with a memorable 2-parter from the original series, and another example of character gender changes.  There is also a ST:TNG tie-in.

For those who can't say no to a spoiler, READ ABOUT IT HERE.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 04:00:36 AM »
AHHHH SPOILERS!111#!@1#!#$$#1@!#$@!$

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:45:18 AM »
Oh God, I've read some uptight comments on this already from people who haven;t even seen the episode. Amazing how hard core BSG:OS  fans can get so psycho and perhaps even sexist.

GET OVER IT ASSWIPES!!! THIS IS NOT THE BSG OF YOUR SAD CHILDHOOD!!!

Forbes IS an excellent actress and I will hold judgement on the Pegasus story adaptation till I see it for myself. LLoyd bridges was good as Commander Cain, but I can see Forbes perform Moore's twist to the character quite well

Now if I only knew what a Mercury class Battlestar looks like......
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 06:02:01 AM by Omniscaper »

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 02:38:59 PM »
Omni, it's not that we are uptight it's just a simple fact that Ron Moore has re-imagined an ORIGINAL SERIES. This means he is taking someone else's work and alterign it. This means while his little twists and turns and character changes are original the baseline plots, names, and euqipment are NOT plus he is only halfway to matching original BSG episode count (real fans do not include that pile of dogshit series called Galactica80 in their film history).

Imust admit I liek the new BSG very much, but Mr Moore keeps stealing from the Original. Why? This is his big chance to show what he can do, and now he has.

The first time I noticed this blatant stealing was the episode Thrace was shot down. An unfinished BSG episode called "The Return of Starbuck" was finished and made for Gal80 but if you watch it the similarities ARE pronunced... I am sure Mr Moore has seen the episode or at least has read the script for it.

The second time I noticed was the Kobol episodes but I let that go for essential plot elements.

Third time now is the announcement of a Pegasus episode. One WHY does it have to be the Pegasus (why not another battlestar? Why not a Tiger class Destroyer? Unless you are pandering to the original fans, bad move you just piss them off). Once again Mr moore's apparent thought process of "If I make a character Female and give them Earth names it makes them original!" is a Travesty.

If you are gonna steal something the do it right, otherwise it just makes you look like an idiot.

Let me Guess to simulate the love triangle between Cain Starbuck and their shared beloved it has to be the now deceased ZACK ADAMA!

Starbuck will hate Cain for seducing the young boy right out of boot camp or some other BS like that.

Anyway I have nothing against Ms Forbes and loved her char on TNG. I think however she would be a more excellent choice for the role of ATHENA.

BTW now will Cain's daughter SHEBA be allowed to exist again? Someone complained that the original did not have kick ass women and that's why the new one is here. BS! Knowledgeable people remember the episode before they find KOBOL when 90% of the pilots are ill and WOMEN throughout the fleet are trained as Viper Combat Pilots! That's where SERANA and BRIE are added to the list of original kick ass BSG women who would teach the newer counterparts a lesson not to under estimate them.

Serenia, Athena (while a bridge officer, IS still a warrior like Tigh or Adama), Sheba, Brei, and Med tech Cassiopeia should be added by Mr Moore cause if he doesn't it would be like Mr Moore was the Grinch who stole Christmas, but the dumbass only took the Tree or the Presants but not BOTH. ;)

Not an angry rant, just needed to point some things out.

I should have mentioned this long ago, but from the very beginning I suspected that the Cylon's "GOD" was actually a rip off of Count Iblis "The Devil Incanate, Mephistophales, Shaitan" from BSG. Only time will tell if that prediction is correct.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 02:43:00 PM by Star Dragon »
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Omniscaper

• Project Leader Insano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 05:43:04 PM »
The show IS called Battlestar Galactica, dude. There will be OBVIOUS references and homages to the original. Ron Moore maybe appropriating some plot points of the original, but the its what he's doing with it that is making the New BSG stand on its own.

Bitch and moan all you want, but his show is here to STAY. The old BSG fans are NOT his target audience. Like what Edward James Olmos said to the old fans, "This is not for you. Switch the channel"

Its amazing how the old fans can't see that their "precious" has re-manifested in a form that is more paletable to TODAY's generation. If Ron Moore stuck to exactly the original BSG, I seriously DOUBT there would have been a 2nd season. History would have repeated itself. The old BSG has NO PLACE in TODAY's TV.

If you folks prefer the name of BSG to be dead and buried, fine. Watch something else like Buck Rogers repeats. Dont spoil the experience for the next generation.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 05:49:54 PM by Omniscaper »

Black Wolf

• Lemur!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22:54 AM »
[colour=burlywood]Original BSG is mediocre at best anyway (and yes, I have seen a fair bit of it). The new one kicks arse.[/colour]
"What you egg!" Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 80
"Young fry of treachery!"Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 81

[colour=red]w00t! [colour] tags for the masses![/colour]

cobywan

• View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/mypage.html
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »
Moore, from day one, said he would love to revisit "The Living Legend" if he could figure out how to work it in.

Besides, these are just examples of "It all happend before.  It will all happen again."

I am quite excited to see the new Pegasus.

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 04:40:26 AM »
I figured I'd post this in the same thread.  Its exerts from an interview with Richard Hatch.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/07/14/42d7449d75741.shtml

Later!

The Trivial Psychic

• New Build Snoop Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 06:31:15 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but the following story over at TrekWeb has some additional details regarding the "Pegasus" storyline, and some... vague words for further into the season and for the finale.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/08/22/43097659897fa.shtml