Author Topic: Random Crap to Waste Time  (Read 39145 times)

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
Random Crap to Waste Time
« on: December 21, 2010, 03:09:49 PM »
This thread is all about random Star Fox related crap to waste time.

To start off, let's see how many variations of "Can't let you do that, Star Fox" we can think of.

I've already seen some variations, including

"Can't let you brew that, Star Bucks"
"Can't let you do that, Red Sox"
"Can't let you eat that, Goldilocks", and
"Can't let you browse that, FireFox"

I came up with "Can't let you build that, Megabloks"
"Can't let you smoke that, crackpot"
"Can't let you screw that, StarF**ks"
"Can't let you store that, cardboard box"
"Can't let you boot that, Macintosh", and
"Can't let you write that, Alexandre Dumas"

Yes, I know this is lame. :doubtful: But just go with it. We're trying to waste time.

Something else random: It's every odd that the Lylat System has so many terrestrial planets, but no gas giants.

And It's really weird how in Star Fox 64, there were mountains before you go into Corneria City, and they're gone in Star Fox Assault. In fact, in Star Fox Assault, Corneria City was a square island in the middle of the ocean and it's CLEARLY NOT in SF64. I think Namco f'd up.
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:09:22 PM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;134894
And It's really weird how in Star Fox 64, there were mountains before you go into Corneria City, and they're gone in Star Fox Assault. In fact, in Star Fox Assault, Corneria City was a square island in the middle of the ocean and it's CLEARLY NOT in SF64. I think Namco f'd up.

I always found that very weird...
the island also appears to be made completely of Metal or something...
So is Corneria like a Giant Aircraft Carrier? wtf!
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
No, it's just that StarFox Assault is horrible, nothing much to add to this point.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 01:26:11 AM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;134939
StarFox Assault is horrible,

Amen.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:40:26 AM »
amen that amen.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Be honest, now. We have wii games for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Kirby now. The only two series' left are Star Fox and F-Zero.

Honestly, which game do you think we'll get first? Star Fox Wii, or F-Zero Wii?

In my opinion, Nintendo has given up on the Star Fox series because the story line is fucked up so bad. Between the two, we'll get F-Zero Wii and Star Fox Wii will never happen. Mostly because F-Zero really has no storyline so it can't be fucked up. Frankly though, I think the chances of another F-Zero game are very slim.
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »
I thought Assault was pretty decent, really. I'm still not sure why people say it was "horrible"
Is it just that it wasn't as good as 64? Because that was one game. If you had a whole series like Zelda, then you would have a good frame of reference, but you don't.

>end rant

So, about Corneria City. Are you all sure that was the same Corneria City in both games, or could they have been two distinct cities?

>on topic now

"Can't let you kinect that, XBox"
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 09:33:56 AM »
Yeah, it's possible that Corneria City in Lylat Wars was so badly damaged that they moved it to it's location in Assault and turned the previous City into a permanent memorial.

The other thing that I like to imagine, is that the Lylat Wars one is sort of the military and industrial part of the city, wheres the one in Assault is more the populous part...

And Assault wasn't really bad, except the voice acting that was really bad and the fact that there wasn't any where NEAR enough pure flying in the game.
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 11:15:03 AM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages;134962
I thought Assault was pretty decent, really. I'm still not sure why people say it was "horrible"
Is it just that it wasn't as good as 64? Because that was one game. If you had a whole series like Zelda, then you would have a good frame of reference, but you don't.

I made my point somewhere a while ago but let's refresh it:
- Monstruous design. I almost offered back my lunch when I first saw Fox in the trailer.
- Pityful voice acting. At no point it can compete with SF64's one.
- Stupid gameplay, with 534854 missions on foot and 2 or 3 in the air.
- Short and boring storyboard. Beside it is not even multiple choice, which was a first (desevolution) in the series, save for Adventure which is not a proper StarFox game.
- The multi was good, but the fact that few people only like starfox makes it hard to find anyone to play with. Even more difficult to find people who are not appalled by the graphics.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »
The way I see it, Rare did a damn good job with what they did, but the story just wasn't fitting for a Star Fox game. Everything about Star Fox Adventures was great, all the way from the graphics to the gameplay, except for the story. But you can't blame them, since it wasn't supposed to be a Star Fox game to begin with.

As for Namco, let's just say "it's the thought that counts", and leave it at that.

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 09:17:53 PM »
"Can't let you spam that, spambots."
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 03:18:55 PM »
Yeah but command was worse than Assault. Command shouldn't even be a Star Fox game.

Can't let you rule that, Andross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZjP5d4Qb5I
LET'S GET THIS BULLSHIT!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:25:14 PM by Flaming Cobra »

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »
Quote from: Flaming Cobra;135054
Yeah but command was worse than Assault. Command shouldn't even be a Star Fox game.

Adventures, any one?
Command is more of a Star Fox game than that and assault if you ask me...
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Flaming Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
Quote from: Falco314;135058
Adventures, any one?
Command is more of a Star Fox game than that and assault if you ask me...
Hey adventures was good. it might not have been star fox-ish, but it was a damn good game nontheless.

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »
This thread actually had potential. Way to screw it up.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.