Author Topic: What are your plans for gameplay?  (Read 2309 times)

pospi

• View Profile
What are your plans for gameplay?
« on: June 22, 2005, 03:50:07 AM »
Just wondering what you guys have in mind for this conversion!

On a personal level I would be extremely excited to see well, basically that zero-g battle between humans and shivans recreated in UT.
I would think that such a gameplay dynamic, involving walking around on walls and stuff with magnetic boots and the like would be really unique and great fun. Certainly a lot of difference between that and your standard game of UT2004.

But yeah, there isnt a lot of info around where I've looked on exactly what youre all planning so please let us know! :D

Also, I was thinking of joining the team if youre interested in another coder. I work mainly on gameplay/weapons and UI coding but can do other things if needed. I'd be REALLY interested in building a zero-g combat system if youre interested in having one - I almost had something similar working a while back, but I gave up because I got bored with it. Anyway, if youre interested let me know. Theres a 'fairly outdated' list of unreal-engine related stuff I've done here - http://pospi.spadgos.com/projects/uengine.php

Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 12:03:14 PM »
We would be interested in having you on the team :)

I'll have your permission masks set up so you can view the internal.
Project Leader / FREDer: Project: Gundam Seed: Wheels of Destiny -Forum

<<Swamp_Thing>>

• Admiral of the swamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 12:54:15 PM »
Hi there Pospi! I suppose you saw my thread on the Atari forums, right? If so, iīm glad itīs starting to pay off. If you didnīt no problem anyway, and iīm happy you found us.

Indeed, we need a coder with Unreal experience. And judging from your site, you have that covered.
We are intending to do the shivan battle you mention, itīs the Hallfight scene. Although zero-G, i donīt know about that. We will have zero-G in other settings though, because we are intending to have a few space flying missions.
Come see us in the internal, where we can talk more.
And welcome!
 :nod:
:ha:  :ha:  :ha:

pospi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:30:07 AM »
Didnt see anything on the atari forums, but someone posted an article on planetUnreal so that was a good place for publicity (:

I'll come see you in the internal... once i know to what that refers and how to get there hehe. I just signed up for these forums and ive no idea how it all works!
Anyway send me a PM and let me know
cheers!

<<Swamp_Thing>>

• Admiral of the swamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:34:30 PM »
Quote from: pospi
Didnt see anything on the atari forums, but someone posted an article on planetUnreal so that was a good place for publicity (:

I was caught by surprise on that one!! Went looking for it, thinking who the hell beat us to the mod, you know thinking some other team had the same idea. I was very relieved to find that the article was based on the thread i posted in the Atari forums.
Iīm glad they did, it was good publicity, but it almost gave me a heart attack in the process.
 :biggrin1:

Iīll go check if you have permission to see the internal already. Basically, the internal is a dedicated forum that only members get to see. Non members donīt even know it exists. And that is where we talk business. This forum is just for public announcements, discussions, and other public stuff. The real work is there.
 :nod:
:ha:  :ha:  :ha:

Annorax

• Pathways Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 09:00:25 PM »
Quote from: <>
We will have zero-G in other settings though, because we are intending to have a few space flying missions.

Please tell me you intend to at least remap UT's spaceflight controls to be as close to FS2's as possible. I could never get the hang of flight in UT. :P

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:24:59 PM »
I'm not very sure about what this idea/game is about, but if it is what I think it is then I'd personally like to see the insides of an Orion!
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

Selectah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 01:18:03 PM »
Well, the story is about "a GTVA Marine based on the GTD Lexington".
everything above this line is utter nonsense

Imperator

• Imperator has conquered!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cylonbase.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 04:59:28 PM »
Doesn't really matter though, 5 minutes after that post I found out it was dead. :no:
"Reality is Cylon technology obviously outstrips our own."

Selectah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »
Ok, here it is:

*** FreeSpace: Close Quarters ***

Ever thought about what it was like for the crew members of the GTVA capitol ships during your course as a pilot in both Freespace and Freespace 2?

Ever think about what it would be like to step away from the cockpit and grab an assult rifle and take the battle to the enemy or to defend your capitol ship from attackers?

Well now you can - Freespace: Close Quarters (previously FreeSpace: Hegemonia) is aiming just for that!

For fans of the Freespace flightsims comes a new game, forget your role as a pilot of the GTVA you are now one of the elite - a Terran Marine.

Undertake missions ranging from defending your homebase to attacking and securing NTF cruisers. All this and more will be at your fingertips.

[/FONT]

I don't really get all that "percent completed" stuff. Is this to somehow tell the community that "yeah, we are actually doing something" ? I never understood how -- let's face it -- completely arbitrary percentages have become all the rage. Either it's done, or it's not.

Unfortunately,
~Selectah
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 05:41:32 PM by Selectah »
everything above this line is utter nonsense

soulkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »
Not sure if I get that.