Author Topic: What is this site about?  (Read 4200 times)

Lylatian Bounty Hunter

• View Profile
What is this site about?
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:15:35 PM »
What is this site about? mainly Shadows of Lylat? I saw the graphics and they were friggen awsome!!! Are you guys like trying to make a game??? :yes: keep up the good work!!!

Axem

• MRRFR MRRF!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/axem/
What is this site about?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 07:29:07 PM »
Hello there. :)

Well, the whole Game Warden site isn't Shadows of Lylat, we're just a Hosted Project on Game Warden. But the forum and our webpage are all Shadows of Lylat and other bits of Star Fox related stuff.

SoL is a game modification using the FreeSpace_Open Engine. Hopefully, if everything goes very well, it will be a stand alone game that won't even need FS2. But, that probably won't happen for a very very long time. So don't hold your breath for that yet. ;)

Thanks for your kind words. :biggrin1: It's always great to get compliments on our hard work.

Lylatian Bounty Hunter

• View Profile
What is this site about?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 07:47:32 PM »
you guys have to talk to Namco or Nintendo (obviously someone who works there) and give em the test run! YOU GUYZ WOULD BE FRIGGEN $RICH$

Black Wolf

• Lemur!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
What is this site about?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 09:00:09 PM »
[COLOuR=Burlywood]The Terms of Use on the original FS2 code specifically stated that you couldn't use anything created from it for commercial purposes. Plus, even if you could, I doubt you'd be able to find everyone who contributed to FSO and recompense them all fairly.[/COLOuR]
"What you egg!" Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 80
"Young fry of treachery!"Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 81

[colour=red]w00t! [colour] tags for the masses![/colour]

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
What is this site about?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:31:32 PM »
Quote from: Lylatian Bounty Hunter
you guys have to talk to Namco or Nintendo (obviously someone who works there) and give em the test run! YOU GUYZ WOULD BE FRIGGEN $RICH$

I don't think they will care. :(
The engine isn't compatible with their consoles, so they would have to put a lot coding effort in to to make it run. The gfx content is not optimized for the game cube. (Nor for any other system than PC.)

If Nindendo or Namco (would) ask us to create a game for them, we'd have to start all over again...

On the other hand, that's fine. Now we keep up the interest in StarFox for a while and won't get in the way of Nintendo or Namco. I don't think they will have any motivation to close this project.
I hope they will like it though. I'd love to work for Nintendo.  :biggrin1:
(Should stop dreaming now.)

BTW Why would you like Nintendo to buy this project?
It won't be for free anymore in that case.

Quote from: Black Wolf
[COLOuR=Burlywood]The Terms of Use on the original FS2 code specifically stated that you couldn't use anything created from it for commercial purposes. Plus, even if you could, I doubt you'd be able to find everyone who contributed to FSO and recompense them all fairly.[/COLOuR]

Correct. :)
But even if we were allowed to use the engine for commercial purposes, we wouldn't do it. We don't have the rights to do so. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 09:34:05 PM by DaBrain »
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

AqueousShadow

• View Profile
What is this site about?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:39:32 AM »
So, we're basically a modification of a different game into another game. A "Total Conversion" is what it's called. There are tons of total conversions from Star Trek to Star Wars, and Star Fox just happens to one of them, and one of the more progressive ones to boot.