"When 900 years old you reach, look as good, you will not. Hmm?" -Yoda

Pathways - Nothing Is As It Seems

GTI: Rebellion - Where\'s your loyalty?

willy_principal

• Not Owned
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 04:07:51 AM »
errrrrrrrrrrrr.........what???...................those words aren't in my mental dictionary of english words.................not at least as verbs.......(yes as subjects)
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Cobra

• Hiss.
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 04:46:17 AM »
the phrase bitch and gripe means complain. gripe means to complain. to bitch means to complain. kabeesh?
Fan of every space game on the planet.

Cobra

• Hiss.
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:31:03 AM »
progress on mission 2?

willy_principal

• Not Owned
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »
let's use the internal for all the development...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

pecenipicek

• Teh newb...
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 05:22:11 PM »
tis sucks...
Oh the drama... Oh the script... Why did he come? :hoppingmad:

Cobra

• Hiss.
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 05:55:56 PM »
Sorry i haven't been replying. i had to restore my friggin pc since i screwed up in adding a new video card. GeForce MX4000. Anyway, my dial up number was reset, and therefore invalid. now i finally have internet. again.

and gloriano, if you don't like pathways, just stay out of this forum.

pecenipicek

• Teh newb...
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 06:09:21 PM »
gimme something to do...

Gloriano

• Very bored
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 06:25:04 PM »
"and gloriano, if you don't like pathways, just stay out of this forum."

I was going only guide you to right tracks, because you suppose to be Pathway project leader so far what i seen. you are far from leader type guy.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men\'s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth : for the powers of heaven shall be shaken” (Luke

Hammer

• Easy Like Sunday Morning
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 07:15:07 PM »
you really are pretty good at alientaing people cobra, im glad willy jumped off this sinking shit...ship, when you fail, and you most inevitably will, dont say we didnt tell ya so
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 08:22:22 PM by Hammer »
:drevil:

pecenipicek

• Teh newb...
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 08:15:40 PM »
okay drop it now okay?
if you wanna help say so. if you just wanna shit all over this campaign get the hell out of this forum.

Hammer

• Easy Like Sunday Morning
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
dude you have no power to tell anyone anything, shutup
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 08:42:03 PM by Hammer »
:drevil:

ShadowWolf_IH

• Fred Guru
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 08:28:11 PM »
No one is shitting on the campaign.  I'm sure that willy did good work on it.

[edit]

I was going to leave it there and let you keep getting hammered on.  But on second thought it's pretty obvious that aren't going anywhere, so here is your shot.  I'm not gunna be rude, and this isn't meant to embarrass you or anything like that.  This is what you are doing wrong as far as i can see it.

with your mod:
don't develop it in the open, we like surprises and anticipation.  Give us teasers every now and again, but don't build the thing out here in the open, that's what your internal forum is for. ok?

Quote from: Cobra
This thread is for people to bitch and gripe about the missions in Pathways

This thread rubbed me wrong right off the bat.  I am an experienced fredder and if Styxx had pulled this kind of shit at MT i would have left when we were on mission 5, which is where we were when i got there.  It wouldn't have been as bad with me, because i am experienced, but you took someone who is new to fred and is trying his guts out.  Yeah he's quirky and some of the things that he does really get on my nerves, but he is learning, and not bitching about those learning experiences. In short, if you are going to be a mod leader, then you have to take care of your people, if you don't, they'll leave you.  When i say take care of i mean...listen to them, if you disagree with them that doesn't mean that they are stupid, it means that you don't agree.  Styxx and I have some disagreements concerning MT, i leave it there, he is the mod leader, and a damned good one.  Styxx and I have disagreements concerning the storyline in Origins, but that's my mod.  I hear him out, and i think about it, and some things have been changed because i ended up thinking that he was right...other things i have kept...because i thought that i was right.  If you are going to run a mod, then you have to give someone else's opinion weight equalling if not surpassing the weight that you give your own opinion.  Know what i mean?  Give them equal weight, and then decide.

If someone is offering criticism, don't take it like people are coming down on you or saying that you suck, or even that your work sucks.  I fight in tournaments, and when i fight, the most fun fights that i have ever had were the ones where we were evenly matched.  Where we walked in and fought each other harder than we fought anybody, cause we didn't know that we would walk through the fight, nor did we know going in that we had already lost.  This place is kinda like that.  We push each other to be better than we think we are.  I learned that the very first time i offered to fred for someone.  These people do extremely professional work, so when yours isn't up to par, and they say so, they are trying to force you to become a better modeller, texturer, or fredder because in the end, we all benefit most from pushing each other, and making each other the best that they can be at what they do.  

Think about the things you do before you do them, or before you say them.  I figure that since you aren't going to go away, someone needs to let you know where your short comings are.  Yes you annoy me.  All new guys annoy me, just like i annoyed the veterans when i was new.  

Work on your chosen field, work damned hard on it, because if you hadn't noticed yet, some of these guys are pretty unforgiving.  Work hardest on your role as a leader, because to be honest, that's where you need the most work.

again i ain't coming down on you, not being rude, letting you know what i see, and how you can best grow here and at HLP, and how best to serve your mod.  Trust me...when you decide to make a mod you serve IT.  Whatever whim it has, you have to make happen.  You can't do that without a solid crew.

k?  now straighten up. :nod:

[/edit]

the only reason i did this is in the open is because this thread exists.  I'm pretty sure you can see hwere this road leads.

pecenipicek

• Teh newb...
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 08:42:40 AM »
well... i *am* trying to keep it alive but you guys really did literally piss us off...

Hippo

• GTD Bastion
    • View Profile
poof
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 12:47:18 PM »
Don't worry, it was mutual.

:yes: to Shadowwolf :p
AHTW | FS:CZ | INF | SWC | Chances are, this post was about FS1...[/color]
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- Feb 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- Jul 10 2002 - July 10 2004
Goob used to hate us all! :shaking: