Author Topic: FSO and Ubuntu  (Read 29042 times)

doc_house

• View Profile
FSO and Ubuntu
« on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »
Good day to all, i've just joined to site because i'm search of some genuine entertainment around the net and possibly something really working with linux... so my question is: is it possible to run the game using Ubuntu but without using the wine emulator? If so could you kindly tell me me how to make it work?

thanx in advance and best regards.

Fisk

• _
    • View Profile
FSO and Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
lulz

Jaqub Jackson

• View Profile
FSO and Ubuntu
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
What a silly question is this. How is this possible to play this game on Ubuntu without the wine emulator. For playing FSO you must have use wine emulator for this purpose.

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
FSO and Ubuntu
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
Quote from: Jaqub Jackson;154036
What a silly question is this. How is this possible to play this game on Ubuntu without the wine emulator. For playing FSO you must have use wine emulator for this purpose.

Ummm. As Fisk posted, there is definitely a Linux version that works without the need for emulation.

Also, this is a three-year-old thread. Please don't post in such old threads, unless you're providing real, useful, new, relevant information.

That said, it's nice to have another real person here (assuming you are real, which I will do). So
:welcome t

Unfortunately, game-warden is a little dead right now, I suggest you move on over to hard-light.net, the current source for all things FreeSpace.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!