Author Topic: Starfox 64 HD texture hack official thread  (Read 84764 times)

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
Starfox 64 HD texture hack official thread
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:08:04 AM »
Ok after a bit of thought, i figured that my texture hack could use it's own thread. here's what i've got so far for pictures

Any questions comments or concerns can be posted here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
Just one... you ARE going to change the characther's pictures, right? xD
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »
Just a couple of things I've noticed, Fox; you need to try and do something with the grass so it doesn't look so tiled, (My usual trick is just to reduce it to 1/4 size and then flip them all so that a common corner is in the middle). The other thing is that you need to make the background the same colour as the fog--in my experience, the background extends down and up from the skybox image in the colour of the adjoining pixel; in other words, make sure that at the least the top and the bottom line of your images are the same colour as the top background and fog respectively.

Also, I'm finished with your comm pictures, I had to remove a frame since the brawl ones have 3 and LW has only 2 but anyway... any idea how I'm going to send them to you?

By the way, I've done some replacements for some of the sky boxes too if you're interested, and a version of Venom with atmosphere to go in the background of Area 6/Bolse, and trust me, you do not want to have to do that again... And do you have any more tasks? I'm still happy to oblige.

Andross is an insane fool!
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
Quote from: Andross;129016
Just a couple of things I've noticed, Fox; you need to try and do something with the grass so it doesn't look so tiled, (My usual trick is just to reduce it to 1/4 size and then flip them all so that a common corner is in the middle).

Yeah, now that you said it that does look kinda weird.
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 02:33:58 PM »
Peppy looks like he's stoned, Slippy looks... actualy sane, and Falco looks inanimate.

The new menu looks great too. Keep goin' man!
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »
The grass tileage looks really irritating, take Andross's advice.
The menu looks okay, but I would of kept the original font just make it more sharp.
The sound button looks a little of as well.
The characters scare me shitless. Falco looks like he has fur instead of feathers.
The in-game stats look absolutely awesome.

Keep up the pace! (no pun intended)

edit: wait, screenshot one and two have different designs for the health bar and score. I prefer the top one if that's the final product.
:sigh:

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 08:02:35 PM »
Everybody who's worried about the character's com portraits can relax; I've been working on transferring the brawl versions into ones compatible with Lylat Wars, so don't worry... I've just got to work out how to send them back.

A Fox in the core could present problems...
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 09:28:02 PM »
Andross, if you need tga's of the characters let me know. Also png or whatever format. If you need them, of course.

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 12:08:25 AM »
Ok let me say one thing. there is only ONE textrure for the grass tile and it's extremely irritating to even attempt to fix it. making it smaller will just result in the same size that the original textures were. and to be honest the sky box seems to look fine to me.

And thanks a lot andross. do you think you could put them in a .zip folder and upload them to a filesharing website? that would be much appreciated. i'd also like to take you up on your venom skybox offer.

@ Marek. the health bar in the top picture is the one done by the unaided coder. the one on the bottom is done by me (the black and orange one) i know that the upgrades might not look like the originals, but that's not entirely what i'm going for. as this is my hack, i'm doing what i think might look good. i'm open to suggestions, but the health bar that i made took forever to get balanced.

@ everyone else. about the centering of the menu. the one shot that i put there was a test to see if the textures i ripped would work in game. they did, so now i'm working on fixing them up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 01:00:08 AM »
All of this things look sweet so far. You're going to remake all the game?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 02:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;129033
All of this things look sweet so far. You're going to remake all the game?

lol, like a mini-SoL!

okay im not funny.

I think I might start doing this. I just upgraded my xp pc to 2 gigs of ram, I should be set.

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:55 AM »
Here you go Fox,
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk71/Skenobi013/falcoanim3.gif[/IMG]]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46NQ0G3Z
I've added the Venom backgrounds too, (Both the in game one and the credits sequence one.) and a couple of skyboxes as well that you may or may not be interested in.

Let me no if you have any problems. Oh, and BTW, the comm portraits look a little blurry due to the fact that I had to scale them up from the brawl pics... but I'll be happy to redo them if anyone can find bigger ones.

That's our leader!

P.S. BTW can anyone give me the project 64 code for the level select cheat, I've managed to delete mine...

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
D8 broken link is broken T.T
EDIT: i got it working ^^;
Also.
D016E0A7 0000
8016E0A7 00??

Replace the ?? with one of the following:

00 Corneria
01 Meteo
02 Sector X
03 Area 6
04 Glitch
05 Sector Y
06 Venom 1
07 Solar
08 Zoness
09 Venom 2
0A Training Mode Level
0B Macbeth
0C Titania
0D  Aquas
0E Fortuna
10 Katina
11 Bolse
12 Sector Z
13 Venom With Starwolf
14 Corneria (Multi)

@ fox's feather. i've stated this before in the "does anyone else make starfox stuff " thread. if i could in put new models and such into the game, id've put the assault arwing in by now :lol:

Edit: @ Andross. HOLY CRAP THOSE TEXTURES ARE AMAZING! there's some issues with the comm channel though, but those are my fault. i forgot to include the bottom frame for peppy, and the middle frame for falco with his mouth open just for some reason disappeared O.o
Andross, i'd like to present you with the final product of your hard work :D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:07:36 AM by Fox_McCloud3232 »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 10:13:12 AM »
there's some issues with the comm channel though, but those are my fault. i forgot to include the bottom frame for peppy, and the middle frame for falco with his mouth open just for some reason disappeared O.o

I thought that I'd put them in the pack that I sent you, where they not there? Do you need me to resend them?

Edit: @ Andross. HOLY CRAP THOSE TEXTURES ARE AMAZING!

I'm glad you like them.

Not the ONLY one qualified!

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »
Quote from: Andross;129045
I thought that I'd put them in the pack that I sent you, where they not there? Do you need me to resend them?

I'm glad you like them.

Not the ONLY one qualified!

I have a couple more tasks for you seeing as you're really good at this kind of thing. If i send the textures for Fox with his glasses on, do you think you could edit the existing brawl textures to have fox with his dad's glasses on? as well, i fail at finding a good engine texture for the arwing.

I'm sorry to be using you like this but i'm really at a huge loss for resources right now and i'm not good at doing these kinds of things on my own ^^; and yes perhaps re uploading them might work. just double check to make sure it wasn't in fact MY fault and not yours XD

MAJOR EDIT, lol found it XD i must've missed it when i tried to copy it into the main folder

@ any general readers in this thread. I have a huge favor to ask of any of you. If you have a good quality screen recorder like fraps, that WILL record bigger sized videos, i would appreciate if someone could download my texture pack (i will upload it temporarily for the volunteer) And record themselves playing a little bit of each level. it will help me a lot because i really need a new trailer out there rather than pictures.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:41:16 AM by Fox_McCloud3232 »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]