Author Topic: high poly ragnorok/valhalla  (Read 2526 times)

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
high poly ragnorok/valhalla
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 11:11:40 AM »
just moddeled the comm and sensor subsystems, as well as the missile launchers. still need to uv and texture them should be fairly easy. the multipart turrets are all textured now. only part of lod 1 left to model are the beam emmitters. then il model live dibrits and finally lods il give turrets and physical subsystems 1 lod and the main hull a full set of 4. its been awhile sence i put up with the hassel of lod-ing. this is gonna suck.

i might start compartmentalizing the mod into a vp per ship. so every part of the mod will be self contained. each part will contain a modular table for one ship and any special weapons that ship may use, which should eliminate the need for a weapon package. the goal would be to make it so you can run parts or all of the mod without conflict. cos will use the entire mod so i might make a standalone version too which would probibly be distributed with cos, it wouldnt be multi-mod friendly but it would be smaller because of less file redundancy and more stable as it would use a custom set of standard tables..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:25:45 AM by Nuke »
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind

Nuke

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/nukemod-cos/
high poly ragnorok/valhalla
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 11:19:17 AM »
i did a test compile today to help kill the bugs in the turret names so that they autogen properly. none the less the model was fairly stable all be it a bit slow. i only test ran it under the fs2 data directory so i havent gone and integrated it into the mod yet. id post some screenies but i need to go get some sleep before work tomorrow. still gotta make lods and live debrits. so its gonna be awhile before the model is actually useable in a gaming environment.
Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind