Author Topic: Science fiction games  (Read 3522 times)

sacrificabominat

• View Profile
Science fiction games
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:29:56 AM »
I felt like having a thread on Science fiction games since I technically feel like it at the moment. If you feel this thread should die let it.

Rules if you want to follow them
1. Don't say how good your game is without mentioning something that should be added to Star Fox
2. Don't complain about someone's choice.
3. If possibel add honorable mentions and what small detail you would like in a star Fox game.

My choices

Dead space: I just played this game again and shat my pants 3 times even though I knew how the enemies would react. I don't know if this would be welcomed to Star Fox, but can we have a level that literally causes heart failure.
Star Ocean: Like I said before Star Fox lacks the exploration seen in Star Ocean because everything happens in the Lylat system and not outside the Lylat system. I like Star ocean for it's medieval like dungeon crawling, and battle system. Why is it called Star Ocean when there is not an emphasis on space travel. Well I may be contradicting myself, but the fact that the background setting is basically Star Trek's explore new worlds concept in a nut shell makes it feel more interesting. Let's move out of the Lylat system for a game or two.
Xenoseries: If I would like one thing to be excluded from Star Fox it would be the 8 hours of cutscenes in every Xeno game, but what I would like to be included is the enemies (Wells and Gnosis) because of the Irony behind them. If you don't know what I mean play the games or look up what the enemies are made of.

honorable mentions
Metroid: Intimidating female character
Metal Gear Solid: Stealth
Shin Megami Tensei series: Mature Pok'emon anyone
Xenogears:nod: -> Xenosagabiggrin -> Xenoblade:eek2: = 1 happy RPG fanatic

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »
Quote from: sacrificabominat;128198

Shin Megami Tensei series: Mature Pok'emon anyone

I seriously hope that that is not what I think it is.

Rogue Squadron, because you can pick your ship before each mission. Also the selection isn't HUGE like it is in AC5. Less chatter'd also be good.

Rogue Squadron 3, becasue it had AWESOME ground AND space/air combat missions. It was by no means 'perfect' ground combat, but hey, it was better than Assault.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:16:12 PM »
Quote from: Flammenwerfer fox;128203
I seriously hope that that is not what I think it is.

Rogue Squadron, because you can pick your ship before each mission. Also the selection isn't HUGE like it is in AC5. Less chatter'd also be good.

there is ship selection on FS2, that if you forgot is what SoL is being based at, and you can also customize your loadout, choosing different cannons and missiles.
however, some ships will be uncompatible with certain cannons and warheads.

And i have nothing against the constant talking from the StarFox team.
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »
Quote from: Falco314;128205
there is ship selection on FS2, that if you forgot is what SoL is being based at, and you can also customize your loadout, choosing different cannons and missiles.
however, some ships will be uncompatible with certain cannons and warheads.

And i have nothing against the constant talking from the StarFox team.

I was talking about Nintendo SF games.

The constant blabber is all that has kept me from giving 64 a 10/10.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
MY favorite Scifi games are:
StarFox: Because its become sutcha wreck recently
I'm super curious to see whats next :D
Metroid (Prime mostly): It's basically a 3D Scifi Zelda but a completely different storyline.
 The sad part is that I never have been able to beat one. Mostly because I will play them for a long time and once I get a new game, never finish it.
Halo: HUUUUUURRRR HUUUUUURRR
Gears of War: Double HHUUURRRRR HUUURRR
Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy: Yes it is a flash game I played a few years back. absolutely love that game to death. If Star Fox could be something like this (online) I would play it like no other. Unfortunately, I don't think they are running there servers anymore for the game so it unplayable I believe. D:
Here is the link
:sigh:

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
Science fiction games
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
Halo: A paracitic lifeform that wants to take over everything OH WAIT APAROIDS
and HUUUURRR HUUUURRRR

Gundam: Giant robots i mean mobile suits OH WAIT SECTOR Y

Starcraft - Life form that wants to assimilate everthing OH WAIT APAROIDS

Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time - Time Travel anyone??? Go back and save James XD

Shadow the Hedgehog - Put something in Star Fox that has to do with some comet.

Star Wars - Lightsaberz! And freaky non-animal creatures.
And DUURRRRR HUUURRRRR HUUUURRRR

Star Trek - Life form that wants to assimilate everything OH WAIT APAROIDS
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:22:14 AM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

sacrificabominat

• View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
Those are some interesting choices, but I see the pattern of Assimilate everything and HUUURRR HUURRR which I have no clue about. Oh and about the mature pok'emon thing I just meant a pok'emon style of game for an older audience not what you were thinking. Let me add a game in the SMT series that has a weird idea.

Digital Devil Saga 1&2: Tell everyone in the Lylat system that it does not exist, and that it is the creation of beings that the characters look like. Then when Star Fox escapes the imaginary Lylat they are told that their creators live in a world that also does not exist and was created by an all powerful being which they must confront to stop Corneria from being absorbed into Lylat. Wait a minute did I just screw up somewhere. Ok the Lylat system doesn't exist then the new world does not exist, but who would play the role of Sera and combine with Serph to create Seraph to kill God. Maybe Krystal could be Sera, and Fox could be Serph and God could be... Shoots head.

Sorry if no one gets the reference, but that is how screwed up the storyline of DDS is, but it is a fun RPG which anyone who played Persona 3 or 4 should play.
Xenogears:nod: -> Xenosagabiggrin -> Xenoblade:eek2: = 1 happy RPG fanatic

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
Science fiction games
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »
Quote from: MarekMcCloud;128210
Starfighter: Disputed Galaxy: Yes it is a flash game I played a few years back. absolutely love that game to death. If Star Fox could be something like this (online) I would play it like no other. Unfortunately, I don't think they are running there servers anymore for the game so it unplayable I believe. D:
Here is the link

EDIT: Never-mind, the servers are on! Yayz! What I meant by "If StarFox could be like this, I would play it like no other" means if the gome concept from Starfighter could be used for StarFox (not top view but classic view)

I would play it like a mother.
:sigh:

RicardoLopes

• View Profile
Jogos de Matematica
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 05:19:51 AM »
I mostly play puzzle games and mathematics games for sharpening of my mind. If you also want to sharp your mind then you can enjoy this kind of fun at :- http://www.gameseducativos.com/multiplicacao-geologica/matematica where all the latest games related mathematics is to be found very easily.