Author Topic: Who is responsible!?  (Read 32451 times)

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Given, Fox did move wicked fast, faster than he should have, and so did Falco in multiplayer for Assault. Aside from that, and a couple weapon inbalance issues like Sabrewolferos said, I didn't find much wrong with the ground battles. They were obviously (graphics and gameplay wise) better than the ground battles on the 64 (or atleast, I thought they were.)

SabreWolferos

• View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
I may now know why I don't like them.
I guess I'm just no longer used to 3rd person ground fights, at the moment I just play 1st person, because no one out there makes any 3rd person shoters anymore (hopefully SW BF 3 but that's another universe).

That's why I keep my eye on the other long awaited fan game (Max Payne mod I think).

maxmccloud

• USE THE BRAKES!!!
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
saberwolf, max payne 3 was announced recently :D

back on topic, starfox assualt being the first starfox game i actually played, i enjoyed the ground battles but not as much as the rail levels. i still think people should not complain tho. after beating assault i went back and played all of the starfox games, and then i bought command which was completly worth it in my opinion
"CANT LET YOU DO THAT STAAAAARFOX"

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
Quote from: maxmccloud;130907
saberwolf, max payne 3 was announced recently :D

back on topic, starfox assualt being the first starfox game i actually played, i enjoyed the ground battles but not as much as the rail levels. i still think people should not complain tho. after beating assault i went back and played all of the starfox games, and then i bought command which was completly worth it in my opinion

I couldn't stand Command. I'm more of a run and shoot like heck person, :D and the strategy element I couldn't grasp. Also, I found using the stylus was very clunky for movement and firing. I've heard the storyline wasn't that bad though.

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2010, 01:12:20 AM »
Quote from: dragonsniper;130927
I've heard the storyline wasn't that bad though.

Well whoever said that, needs to be committed.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
Quote from: maxmccloud;130712
the one story you have to play through was alright, the gameplay was great imo, id rather they all stop complaining and play one of the more decent games for the system
THE GAMEPLAY SUCKED! It should have had SNES controls.
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2010, 01:21:33 AM »
Quote from: Flammenwerfer fox;130810
That was an impressive writing. I agree with most of what you said but you gave me impression that you approve of Krystal.:wtf:

Assault would have been a terrific game if Nintendo had simply done a better job with it in every department. And Krystal's boobs were just rediculous.

I pretty much like Star Fox for its awesome rail shooter style. I could not care less for the furry drama side of the games, and that's why I will not ever play Command, and why I thought Assault was an abomination. Adventure blew chunks in my opinion because there was hardly any arial combat! If I'd wanted an adventure game, I would have spent 50 bucks on a Zelda game that would be 10 time better!

I approves of Krystal and I approves of the size of her boobs.

Nintendo didn't even make Star Fox Assault. That was NAMCO. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Adventures was ok. It probably should have stayed Dinosaur Planet with no relation to Star Fox though.

The thing I hate most about Assualt was the fact that Andrew's voice was SO FUCKING GAY. :wtf:
Even worse, they kept calling him Oikonny. :wtf: They should have stuck to his first name, not his last name. They didn't call pigma. "dengar"

Peppy: "Damnit Dengar, why'd you have to run to such a vile place?"
...........GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 01:25:28 AM by Flaming Cobra »
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"

maxmccloud

• USE THE BRAKES!!!
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
lolol, "long time no see hare"

i also approve of krystal, and her boob size. but if nintendo ever gets into THAT part of the story with her and fox, i will stop playing....

adventures actually made me play it because i felt like i just had to save krystal haha

Koto

• Dummy Squadron
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »
Well, the SNES Starfox and the unreleased Starfox 2 were great and Starfox 64 was awesomeness. Starfox Adventures I guess was okay but it was just a Zelda clone disguised as a Starfox game, not that that's bad but i prefer Zelda to be done with Zelda.
Assault is personally one of my favorites, but it was way too short and the story wasn't as good as it could have been(but do you seriously play Starfox for a story?)

I'm guessing Command would be the worst. The controls were great in my opinion and the gameplay is nice, but the story and and branching paths and multiple endings just plain confused everyone. This game was probably a what if scenario.

Now if they reboot the series, maybe kind of like how Star Trek was just recently rebooted, it would be awesome. Maybe for multiplayer there could be a ton of players online shooting each other down, and maybe use Assault's system for on-foot battles and tank(get better tank controls) battles, maybe a submarine battle...
Assault's multiplayer was fun if you could get someone to play with, but I rarely could so online would be awesome

Flammenwerfer fox

• View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »
Adventures was not even supposed to be, and should not have been, a StarFox game! It was supposed to be some retarded dinosaur planet game for the N64! But Nintendo, with the Gcube coming and an SF sequal long awaited, decided to have the game gutted and turned into a game that disgraced its predacesor! The series went from being a terrific rail shooter to being an adventure clone! The result: The Star Fox series was raped. RAPED!:mad:

If you could change it, would you REALLY want Adventures to remain an SF game?

Assault trashed an excellent chance to bring back the series' former glory! BUT NO! They had to make it pure crap! There were only 3 rail missions(out of a rediculously short 10 mission campaign with pathetic replay value), the on foot controls were awkward too! Yes, the tank controlled very well, and it was really cool to get to play on foot and use guns, and I think on foot w/NON MAGICAL STAFF weapons was a step in the right direction.

And if the furry drama aspect gets any worse than what it was in Command, good bye Star Fox. I will not remember you very fondly.:(

Whoa, I just realized that Dengar is the name of a prominent bounty hunter from Star Wars. You can see him in The Empire Strikes Back

maxmccloud

• USE THE BRAKES!!!
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2010, 12:28:18 AM »
i agree to every aspect of that post flammen. i would not want adventures to remain a starfox game if we could REALLY change it.

lets hope for a ALL SHIP sequel

Flammenwerfer fox

• View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2010, 12:42:33 AM »
Quote from: maxmccloud;130963

Amen.

paintballadict9

• Pumped up mann!!!!
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:43 AM »
Quote from: maxmccloud;130963
i agree to every aspect of that post flammen. i would not want adventures to remain a starfox game if we could REALLY change it.

I would like that.

THOUGH...i like SFCommand for its gameplay. Gonna ignore the story part.

Like adventures.

assult made me sad. (Too short)

so there...all ship sequal would be frikin awesome

maxmccloud

• USE THE BRAKES!!!
    • View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »
yay first post on here more than 1 person agreed with lol!!!

a fast paced ship sequel would be the shit, major upgrades to the arwings engine anyone?

Olly

• View Profile
Who is responsible!?
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2010, 03:51:36 PM »
First off, this thread is epic. Now on to business.

I have to agree with saying that SF: Adventures was where the series fell apart, and like you folks said the game itself was Zelda, with StarFox characters instead. About the only good things about it was the game was beautifully done by Rare; graphic wise, and well I personally enjoyed shoving a nova bomb down Andross' throat again. You got to wonder what in God's name was going through the heads of those folks at Nintendo when they stuck StarFox in a game that wasn't originally suppose to be StarFox in the first place. Oh and I nearly forgot Krystal, and her just being slapped into the series is alright; but Fara could have filled the roll just as well, just minus the whole telepathy bit.

Now SF: Assault... Well it just gets worse, whoot for more rail shooting levels. But to me the game just didn't feel like it was finished, only 10 missions. Not that there is anything wrong with 10 missions, but only 10? Weak, even compared to the first StarFox for NES, despite a different route meant it would just be harder, less you aimed for the blackhole or wanted to fight the slot machine. Not much meat to the multiplayer, and having Xevious as a reward seemed like a half ass attempt to fill disc space, nothing against the game but still. Not to mention the Borg bugs, I mean is that the best they could come up with? I would've been happy picking apart Andrew's army for a couple levels then some cosmic overlord from the nth dimension of who gives a damn show's up to turn the Lylat System into a funeral pyre, would have taken that over Borg bugs. Namco's doing, yes I know, and not too many people will care about who you fight, but you think they would have better story writers.

Command, eh all the endings are crap since not one is really canon, but I liked the gameplay, and each character having their own unique ship was a cool touch that I hope they do carry over to the next game.

As for how they can revive/ save/ reboot the series I haven't a damn clue, but I hope it's an all ship game like some of you suggested. Though if they do mix in on foot action into it again, they best take a lesson from Gears of War, RE5, or DeadSpace if they want to do it right.

And that's all I think I need to say on that.
"Groovy" - Bruce Campbell