Author Topic: ShadowGorrath, hate speech, and the future of this forum  (Read 273 times)

Woolie Wool

• View Profile
ShadowGorrath, hate speech, and the future of this forum
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »
Due to extremely virulent hate speech uttered by ShadowGorrath in an IM conversation, I may not be able to work with him anymore, and it must be decided now what is to be done with this forum. ShadowGorrath has:

* Repeatedly and explicitly called for the murder of homosexuals like me
* Described homosexuals as "scum" not deserving of rights.
* Uttered hate speech about ethnic minorities living in his native country of Lithuania
* Insulted me for being a homosexual
* Engaged in an utterly "laughable" argument with me where he used blatant contradictions (i.e. "I don't care about what other people do in their private business but all fags must die") and denied that they contradicted each other.
* Tried to play the victim when I called him on his despicable statements.

I refuse to work to ShadowGorrath or accept anything he asks of me until he publicly recants these assertions and apologizes to me (again, publicly) for being a virulent homophobe. Dragon, I also urge you to break ties with him if possible. Some things are just not acceptable under any circumstances.

ShadowGorrath, I always thought your beliefs were unusually rabid and downright scary at times, but I was willing to put up with you. But now you've really gone beyond the pale. You have stepped over the line and forced me to publicly expose you as the hatemonger you are. My only regret is that in the heat of my anger, I closed the window without copying the entire text of the conversation so I could further humiliate you in front of your peers. Fuck you, asshole.

ShadowGorrath

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
I'll respond when I'm available. Now don't make a bigger mess till then.
DEFCON FreeSpace Dev

Woolie Wool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
I just did. I posted the whole thing on HLP. You just made it personal, and now I will respond appropriately. You will regret doing this to me. I don't make enemies easily, but when I do, I do not forget them.