Author Topic: Syfy games and Star Fox.  (Read 3629 times)

sacrificabominat

• View Profile
Syfy games and Star Fox.
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:50:17 AM »
The Syfy channel should be Sci Fi are we in agreement or am I making an invalid point?

Okay on to my real reason for starting this thread. Have you ever wondered what Star Fox would be with the good points of Sci Fi games incorporated into it. Yes I know it is a Sci Fi game but there are some elements from other games that I think should be incorporated. Three games come to mind at the moment Xenosaga, Star Ocean, and Ratchet and Clank.

Xenosaga- I always wanted an arcade shooter that had an invincible enemy similar to the Gnosis in Xenosaga. You would have to dodge these enemies or else it would mean instant death. Also the see through water like effect of the Gnosis would be a nice addition to the enemy roster of visual effects.

Star Ocean- Star Fox doesn't seem to have any feeling of exploration to it, Most of the planets in the Lylat system have been mapped out before your mission, and it doesn't feel like the planets are a mystery or they just feel like you've been there and done that before. Granted I did feel a bit of mystery in some of the levels in assault, but then again it felt like the area had been explored before you got there. Please put me in the dark about the area I'm about to investigate that would be a good way to immerse  myself in the game

Ratchet and clank- I know you're going to hate me for this but let's R.Y.N.O upgrade the Arwing. I feel that the three laser setup plus the bomb and the charge shot have been overused since the beginning of Star Fox, and there needs to be a little more variety. Some arcade shooters (2D ones) have a large variety of weapons and some are very innovative (i.e. Raiden's purple whip laser upgrade, and Ikaruga's polarization setup.) and show different ways to take down a tough enemy. I think this would be a nice addition especially when utilizing the FS2 engine for SOL. Also a little comic humor every once in a while would be nice. No slippy though because he/she sounds like someone scratching on a chalk board.:mad:

Okay that's the Ideas I think should be added. If you feel something should be added please note it.
Xenogears:nod: -> Xenosagabiggrin -> Xenoblade:eek2: = 1 happy RPG fanatic

Slycan

• View Profile
    • http://some-art.deviantart.com
Syfy games and Star Fox.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »
idk why the hell they changed it to SyFy in the first place? maybe a new owner or someone decided to make tard typo and they thought it looked 'hippy 4 the new generation'

well anyway I can't say I played anyway of the games you've mentioned but I can say those are some good elements of the games that I think SF needs <: (especially the Exploration)
Maybe SOL will surprise us and include not only Lylat System, but other systems to explore, maybe the planets are going to have more than just one 10min mission like in sf64 x,x

Just thought I'd mention...

Mass Effect -' No, about about the 'many different choices you can make ', but the side missions/quest/planets. these are fun if you want to unlock something (like Characters/Spacecrafts for sample) or gain extra EXP/Points (to buy Upgrades, for sample..) or if your done/bored with the main story line.

Halo2- This is random but, I love the cookies/secrets placed in the game. How you would have to do all sorts of crap to find that 50ft Soccer Ball, or how to get the Scarb Gun, and the random skulls laying about on certain difficulties that gave you 'ultra boost'. Even that random world "Rex" one of the developers put in a building written in blood for his girl friend. You know, just simple fun cookies for people to try and look for (:

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Syfy games and Star Fox.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:29:25 AM »
Dear god, no.
No, no, no, nonono, no, and no.
Just no.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
Syfy games and Star Fox.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;126713
Dear god, no.
No, no, no, nonono, no, and no.
Just no.

please elaborate instead of just shouting no.

I think that a couple of these elements would be fun for a TRIAL nobodey knows how well this would actually work in a game like starfox. Free roaming for exploration would be a nice touch though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
Syfy games and Star Fox.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Fox_McCloud3232;126721
please elaborate instead of just shouting no.

I think that a couple of these elements would be fun for a TRIAL nobody knows how well this would actually work in a game like starfox. Free roaming for exploration would be a nice touch though.

I see where you are going with this, and yea, Star Fox could use some more variety.
I would like to see Star Fox going MLG, I mean it really could. All the MLG games are ether fighting or shooting, and I think flight would be nice. Maybe the next Star Fox can be like ssbm. Not gameplay of course, but one of those games that even after 10 years, people still could be playing for hardcore competition. Assault could of been one of those games, but it needed more, way more. Including that online gameplay that was pulled out of it b/c gc internet was opted out.

Wasn't Star Fox always sifi-ish? lol
:sigh: