I have a few questions to add about Freespace 2 and SOL
I played the Descent games which are made by the same company as Freespace 2. I know that the two are different but I wanted to see if Freespace 2 had a few features that Descent had.
1. Does it have a FPS mode? I found playing Starfox 2 in the TPS mode was very detrimental to the gameplay, but suited the rest of the series. If their is an FPS mode I would like it to look like you are in the cockpit looking through the wind/space shield just like in Descent.
2. Does the game have the six axises of movement that was present in Descent, but not in any Starfox game? Basically you could go in every direction possible just like the six axis controller for the PS3.
3. Does Freespace 2 support both the PS3 and XBOX 360 controller? I'm not concerned about the Wii controller since you can make it work as the mouse.
4. Will their be any difficulty settings for the single player missions?
Really good questions! We need to remember that most people reading the FAQ from elsewhere wouldn't be familiar with FSO at all.
I can answer at least 3 of those questions right now, mostly. Though these are based only on my current knowledge and I could be wrong.
1. Yes, it should have both and be switchable between the two at any point, unless the team decides to lock out one or the other view.
2. There are really only three axes to move in: X, Y, and Z (like the sectors). Speed control is also there. And yes they should all be available, like in Star Fox: Assault space missions.
4. Difficulty just controls the A.I. and strengths of things (and some other stuff) in FreeSpace2, so again, you should be able to set it at any time, unless the team locks it out or can't figure out how to make it work.