Author Topic: Announcing Return of Cerberus  (Read 7045 times)

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
Announcing Return of Cerberus
« on: December 18, 2009, 04:03:23 AM »
For those who only visit Game Warden, this will be new. For others who visit from Sectorgame, this may be familiar. This is the original Sectorgame thread:

http://sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62278&sid=d8897b26ec166e168cb9ee644ab8b30d#62278

"I'm announcing the return of Cerberus, a project I commenced well over a year ago and left idle due to development/real-life issues. This is not just a return, but also a reboot, and I plan to see this one completed.

The new Cerberus plot is set thirteen years after Capella in the Altair system. The player is taking part in a Terran-Vasudan exchange program onboard the GVD Nafretiri, flagship of the 16th Vasudan Battlegroup. What starts out as a renegade threat will soon turn into something much more extreme.

This is what the project aims to feature:

-A conflict bringing both Terrans and Vasudan forces together against the returning Shivan foe
-A lineup of old and new craft with several new weapon technologies
-Some new effects and audio enhancements
-A completely new plotline with character involvement, largely inspired from the Blue Planet saga by Darius and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 by Infinity Ward
-Hopefully a collection of new combat, briefing and other miscellaneous music tracks
-A reinvented new alien race

And in response to an earlier question by Starlord:

-The SJ Dante returns

I hope there are some that might take interest in the return of Cerberus or want to band together to make it happen someday. I will understand if very few take interest or place trust in this project due to failing to deliver the old Cerberus. "

You may post here or on the sectorgame thread if you have any questions or wish to know more. Alternatively, you can message my profile on either site for details or if you have interest in the project.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:06:50 AM by Starwolf1991 »

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:07:38 AM »
Oh-kay~ Good luck!

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »
This update is on the original thread present on sectorgame:

As a first update, I'd like to mention the early details of the modification. To make planning segments of the story easier, it is being divided into ACTs. The first ACT, titled "Emergence" in honour of the original Cerberus, has finished being scripted and is under construction. Without delay, here are the details for ACT 1:

"Emergence begins in the year 2380 A.D, approximately thirteen years after the Second Great War. The setting is the Altair system, under the protection of the Vasudan 16th battlegroup. Leading the way is the GVD Nafretiri, a Hateshsput-class destroyer. About to take place is the quarterly Terran-Vasudan exchange program. Joining the Nafretiri are three Terran pilots from Vega's training academy who would've otherwise joined the Terran 7th fleet in Alpha Centauri. You play as Wolf, one of the promising three pilots. Accompanied by Avatar and Ghost, you will wade your way through the events waiting just ahead."

ACT 1 will span approximately seven levels. Each aims to be different in terms of mission type, to create a lot of variety, so rarely will two levels seem the same.

No forums dedicated to Cerberus exists at this stage, but if you would like to contribute, you are more than welcome.

Edit:

When I mentioned contributing, I meant like:

-Volunteering for Fredding levels
-Suggestions/Ideas
-Textures/Effects/Interface/Hud stuff

Anything like that if you really feel up to it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:38:53 AM by Starwolf1991 »

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:48:37 PM »
First Screenshot:

http://starwolf1991.deviantart.com/art/Cerberus-Progress-0001-147618400 (22/12/2009)

Only a minor environmental improvement pic but it's a start.

This post will serve for any future screenshot updates. Check the date of each one below as they appear:

http://starwolf1991.deviantart.com/art/Cerberus-Mystery-Pic-1-147699638 (23/12/2009)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 05:45:38 AM by Starwolf1991 »

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:52:24 PM »
Kool beans

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Brockenstein;124032
Kool beans
:yes: Like the first pic.

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 04:32:42 AM »
Note to all viewers of this thread. A forum for Cerberus has been established as of today. For future updates and information, redirect here:

http://www.sectorgame.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=68

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 06:19:10 PM »
Excellent news!

Besides, you mean the SSJ dante right? or do you classify it as a "normal" juggernaut? It's quite big I hear...

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:34 AM »
Yeah, I mean the SSJ Dante, and I decided to make it a normal Juggernaut. All Juggernauts are huge as you no doubt know.

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »
Oh, so is it superior to the sathanas, or simply "complementing" it then?

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 07:49:57 AM »
If you compare the statistics of the Sathanas to the Dante, then yes it is superior. By default, it is way more superior. I want to have a Shivan foe that can be defeatable and formidable, and the Dante is the answer. Then again, I could always go with the Diablo. But I haven't found a use for the Diablo, so I dont think it'll make an appearance.

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »
NO, please no! IMO, the dante is MUCH better than the diablo... I always found it an... oddity with it's curious arm patterns...

Also, do you plan on multiple dante class juggs or simply a shivan fleet centralized on one of them?

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:53 PM »
Now that would be a spoiler. I can say this much. You'll meet at least one Dante. There aren't plans for any vessels of similar, comprable size or strength at this point of time.

Be sure to check the official forum reguarly as updates come in. A fair bit is starting to pop up on it.

starlord

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »
Oh, my apologies! will do! and many thanks!

Starwolf1991

• Starwolf1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
People of Game Warden, recruitment for Cerberus is now open. Check the thread on the forum for details if you're interested.