Author Topic: Miyamoto's disappointment at decline in Star Fox appeal  (Read 22745 times)

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Miyamoto disappointmented with decline in Star Fox series appeal
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
Não sabia isso! Sou francês mas eu posso entender e escrever o português também! Que sopresa :D Penso que sou enamorado do Brasil.

Well, let's speak English now...
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ratge

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:00:33 AM »
yeah, SFC is a must have title on DS.
but i think the reason are the things like M3 and the other stuff.
i don't know anyone how doesn't own such a thing =//
(00000011) 00000001 00000011 00000011 00000111

^_^

if(mesh) { delete mesh; }
else { ISceneNode* mesh = smgr->addMeshSceneNode( mesh ); }
:confused1
it might me wrong but i like senseless applications ._.

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;122771
Não sabia isso! Sou francês mas eu posso entender e escrever o português também! Que sopresa :D Penso que sou enamorado do Brasil.

Well, let's speak English now...

\o/
É sempre bom poder falar na língua nativa :D
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 05:55:57 AM »
You know, having taken a bit of Spanish, I'm barely getting what you two are saying.
Facilitator of Understanding

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 08:10:12 AM »
Well Spanish and Portuguese are two similar languages but they are still way different. You can approximatively understand one if you studied the other, but you'll have troubles writing or speaking it.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ratge

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »
i had french at school so i'm able to understand about... 50 %

^_^

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 06:24:32 PM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;122846
Well Spanish and Portuguese are two similar languages but they are still way different. You can approximatively understand one if you studied the other, but you'll have troubles writing or speaking it.

yup, that is true

i can nearly fully understand something wrote in spanish, but all i can write are very basic stuff D:
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Slycan

• View Profile
    • http://some-art.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 05:22:28 AM »
Nintendo didn't kill Star Fox

RARE did by adding Crystal into the series
And Dinosaur Planet

Dinosaur Planet and Star fox should have seriously REMAINED TWO DIFFERENT games.

Thanks Rare for you Banjo's and Conkers Bad fur Days, just stay away from the dam space shooter games for now on.

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
i kinda tought that...
on and after SF adventures, ex-dinosaur planet, that it stopped being what it was on the N64 and SNES.
i wonder that if dinosaur planet had remained as that, star fox would've had more luck.
actually, star fox really lacked luck when they tried to change it.
there are other series in wich there well well-accepted changes.
for example, Super Mario(not that big, but still, Sm64 and Mario World were a lot diferent)
and metroid.from an, i believe from what i've seen, platform-shooting game into a Fps.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:19:03 PM by Falco314 »
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

D-Mac

• \"Shoot the WALL.\"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.devenmack.com/listing.html
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
Quote from: Slycan;122872
Nintendo didn't kill Star Fox

RARE did by adding Crystal into the series
And Dinosaur Planet

Dinosaur Planet and Star fox should have seriously REMAINED TWO DIFFERENT games.

Thanks Rare for you Banjo's and Conkers Bad fur Days, just stay away from the dam space shooter games for now on.

Actually, Nintendo made Rare shoehorn the Star Fox license onto Dinosaur Planet. Rare's original concept had no ties to the Star Fox series, and was nearly completed as an N64 game.
.: Shadows of Lylat: Casting & Voice Director :.
Like shooting spaceships? Go play Project Inthri 3! Super 2D Co-op Action!

Ratge

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 01:27:09 AM »
the protagonist of Dinosaur planet for N64 should be crystal and... leon? ô_o (ah panther or smth. like that... don't remember)

^_^

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
What are you talking about?
In the original Dinosaur Planet project, Krystal was a sort of cat, and what became Fox had to be a sort of tiger called Sabre.

Slycan

• View Profile
    • http://some-art.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 04:47:10 AM »
Okay, I can see nintendo put a gun to rares head screaming "GOGOGOGO now make this work!!"
Ahaha.

seriously though
Dinosaur Planet im sure would have had a much greater chance on n64
and Star Fox would have had a much greater chance without DP addition plot.
Sadly we will never know now.

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
In my humble opinion, I think Assault was where it went downhill. The plot was just too clichéd and the voice acting was poor at best, there was nothing in the game play that hadn't been done before, and the levels were just too short in a lot of cases (e.g. the asteroid field), or really long and tedious (The apparoid home world). Plus there wasn't the replay value of the different paths like in LW. I think I'm actually one of the few people that likes the on-foot portions of the game, in small amounts; there was just way too much. The odd short bit of on-foot, like just the bit in the climate control room, would be fine, & I quite liked the strategy of having to run from your next target to your ship in Sargasso, but even there there was too much on-foot

I think that Command was a good step in the right direction, the controls were mostly good and the game's style had more of the classic StarFox/StarFox2/Lylat Wars feel to it, but it was a bit long and tedious at times and the story and dialogue was, to be frank, utter garbage. I particularly found the 'fuel clock' to be extremely annoying, to me it didn't make the game significantly harder (Except for when you had enemies that it took two or three attempts to kill and the cycle of when you could actually attack it were about 30 seconds apart:mad:), and it just made it contrived, tedious, pointless, irritating and made about as much sense plot-wise as Pigma. None of the endings were any good in my opinion, and the choices that you could make in the story were restrictive & often matched very poorly with the story arc in the next level.

I know that everyone attacks Adventures, but I have to confess that it was the game that introduced me to the series and it'll always have a soft spot with me, yes, Nintendo had no business asking Rare to make a shooter sequel into a Zelda ripoff, yes because of such the game was riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies, but still, it was a classic in my opinion, and it really showed what the Game Cube was capable of. I think however, that however much I love it, that it always should have been a spin-off rather than a mainstream StarFox Game, any liking of Krystal I may have had after it was quickly washed down the drain by Assault's rendition of her (I'm an up & up Fara fan I'm afraid), and it was set at an awkward time after Lylat Wars that severely limited the options for further games--in my opinion there would have been no shame in going back to the series ignoring Adventures, after all, all sorts of games have spin-offs all the time; what would have made StarFox any different?

To conclude, I think that the series has been hampered by some bad management choices, and in the last two, horrible story lines. I think that the only thing that could really save the StarFox series now for anyone other than existing fans (and you need the new blood too if the franchise is to survive) is a complete reboot, starting either back after Lylat Wars in a separate universe to Adventures/Assault/Command, or even a remake of the original game (Lylat Wars/StarFox) entirely, though unless they were going to put a lot of thought into it, I'd steer well away from the second option if I were Nintendo...

(There... ahh... it does feel good to vent your spleen every now and then, I feel much better, I think I'll go and sit down now.)

What?!
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
Looks like andross is back, and he alterady started it with a wall of text D:[/joking
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?