Author Topic: sendmail not working?  (Read 5169 times)

Dorque

• View Profile
sendmail not working?
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:13:00 AM »
Hey, I'm new to this FS2 community.

I installed FS2 and SCP 3.6.10 with all the mediavps files.  Now I'm trying to get it to go online through FS2NET but I believe I'm not getting access online because I'm not receiving an activation email.  When I try to resend login info, I get this error:

Failed to connect to ssl://mail.game-warden.com:465 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 04:23:56 AM »
I do believe it is down. This post at HLP is a few weeks out of date, but I do believe the info on it is still current.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65410.0

Course, if I'm wrong someone will come in and remind me how stupid I am.
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

Dorque

• View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:36:15 AM »
Quote from: Blue Lion;121508
I do believe it is down. This post at HLP is a few weeks out of date, but I do believe the info on it is still current.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65410.0

Course, if I'm wrong someone will come in and remind me how stupid I am.

Thanks for the info.  I thought the move might've been finished.  I guess I must wait patiently.

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:39:48 AM »
If you're serious about playing the multi, I highly recommend using HLP IRC. If you haven't found it, it's on the top nav bar at HLP.

I would consider that THE place to find people to play with, even if FS2Net is up.
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://icculus.org/~taylor
sendmail not working?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »
@Dorque:  When the website was updated to support the new FS2NetD code it was for the old server.  Now everything has moved to a new server and the old setup that I had is no longer valid.  The error you mentioned was reported and fixed earlier, so give it another try and report back if it still doesn't work for you.

FS2NetD is back up, but still in a sort of testing mode so that bugs can get worked out.  Feel free to play as normal, just be prepared for a few hiccups while we work out any remaining problems.  After the testing phase there should be some sort of public announcement letting everyone know that FS2NetD is back up, at which point you'll know for sure that it's safe to play again (if you don't want to use it in the meantime).

Dorque

• View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »
Quote from: Blue Lion;121510
If you're serious about playing the multi, I highly recommend using HLP IRC. If you haven't found it, it's on the top nav bar at HLP.

I would consider that THE place to find people to play with, even if FS2Net is up.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote from: taylor;121541
@Dorque:  When the website was updated to support the new FS2NetD code it was for the old server.  Now everything has moved to a new server and the old setup that I had is no longer valid.  The error you mentioned was reported and fixed earlier, so give it another try and report back if it still doesn't work for you.

FS2NetD is back up, but still in a sort of testing mode so that bugs can get worked out.  Feel free to play as normal, just be prepared for a few hiccups while we work out any remaining problems.  After the testing phase there should be some sort of public announcement letting everyone know that FS2NetD is back up, at which point you'll know for sure that it's safe to play again (if you don't want to use it in the meantime).

Still getting the sendmail error, but now I get a login failed when I try connecting with FS2 insteading of a failed to connect error.  Good to see things are progressing.

taylor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://icculus.org/~taylor
sendmail not working?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:34:46 PM »
Quote from: Dorque;121572
Still getting the sendmail error, but now I get a login failed when I try connecting with FS2 insteading of a failed to connect error.  Good to see things are progressing.

Fixed, again. :)  There seems to be some missing configuration info for the new server though, so nearly all mail that is getting sent out is being rejected by the remote server.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

You won't be able to play FS2 in the meantime however.  The new FS2NetD setup requires that each user account is authenticated before it will let you play a game.  When mail is working properly again, you should be able to just go to your accounts page on the FS2NetD site (click on your username once you are signed in) and have it resend your registration confirmation email ("Resend Login Info").  Then just click on the link in that email and you should be ready to play. :cool1:

Dorque

• View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Quote from: taylor;121578
Fixed, again. :)  There seems to be some missing configuration info for the new server though, so nearly all mail that is getting sent out is being rejected by the remote server.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

You won't be able to play FS2 in the meantime however.  The new FS2NetD setup requires that each user account is authenticated before it will let you play a game.  When mail is working properly again, you should be able to just go to your accounts page on the FS2NetD site (click on your username once you are signed in) and have it resend your registration confirmation email ("Resend Login Info").  Then just click on the link in that email and you should be ready to play. :cool1:

Looks like the email is working now.  I have activated my account and am able to logon in FS2.  Thank you very much.  I will try to play a game once I'm home from work.

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
sendmail not working?
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 02:39:35 AM »
Almost better support than actual companies eh?