Author Topic: The FSCRP News Thread  (Read 8103 times)

Thulius

• View Profile
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »
Sounds very good.:)

I also want to ask, if you also finish old campaigns as such as All hands of war?
I asked that, because I heard that Deep Blood was finished, but was incomplete by taking a look at the further story.:nervous:

Utopia-Back to Neo-Terra wasn't finished to by taking a look at the story.

The campaigns I listed up are relatively old and you may want to take a look at this section of FSMods:

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?list.49

There are more campaigns which I didn't listed up, but could have an upgrade.:)

In case, I can't really tell much about the campaign, are you going to upgrade Deus ex Machina sometimes?
"Collossus, what happened?"
"I\'m not sure...I think someone pushed the wrong button!"

"Never, build something like that!"

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »
Quote from: Thulius;120387
If I'm allowed to do so, I would like to show some of the campaigns I would love to be restorated.:)

The Regulus-campaign

Together with it's successor: Lightning Marshal series of course :)

Road to victory

One of the better campaigns i could play for fsport :) Next to Crucible, Destiny of Peace, Aftermath, Awakenings, Cardinal Spear, Shrouding the Light and Rain on Ribos 4 *g*
so /voted

Enemies United
Beyond the Cause

:nervous: If they make those i want an upgraded version of Second Great War Part 2, Independence Warriors and Unholy Alliance, too *lol*

Homesick

A classic, voted, too.

campaigns i like to see in an upgraded version (further to the mentioned above *gg*):

Revenge - Final Conflict
It is an underestimated campaign with a very interesting and long story :) However it was original in german i never heard of it before and played it in the translated version at the first time

Into the Halls of Valhalla - Police Action
The Prequel Demo mini-campaign for this great story. The main campaign is using the SCP features and backgrounds already, but what is about the Demo, which has other missions than the main camp. as far as i know? It would be nice to have a complete SCPed ITHOV.

Cleaning Crew
Ngtm1r's campaign. It was easy and good to relax sometimes. But i liked it, and it seems that it is not compatible anymore because i get always a crash during the first mission. According to HLP-Wiki there is an incomplete successor named "Police Action" (nothing to do with the above) since the first of two chapters were released. But i never found and played it :(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:51:32 PM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!
FreeSpace Pilot since 1999 :)

My writing work (all in english and german):
Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 07:24:57 PM »
Well, we first need to know if the campaign creators are available to upgrade the campaigns themselves. NGTM-1R is active so you may ask him about Cleaning Crew. :)

I'd like to stick with Admiral Nelson's policy (focusing on valuable campaign which have sadly become unplayable), especially now that progress on all campaigns has been slowed down.

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Quote from: Novachen;120396
Cleaning Crew
Ngtm1r's campaign. It was easy and good to relax sometimes. But i liked it, and it seems that it is not compatible anymore because i get always a crash during the first mission. According to HLP-Wiki there is an incomplete successor named "Police Action" (nothing to do with the above) since the first of two chapters were released. But i never found and played it :(

No, Police Action was never released. I still have a lot of the missions in prototype form, but I've abandoned development of that particular idea.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 07:55:54 PM »
Quote from: ngtm1r;120408
No, Police Action was never released. I still have a lot of the missions in prototype form, but I've abandoned development of that particular idea.

Ah, okay, that explain a lot of questions *g* This wasn't clear in the Wiki entry.

But are you planning to update Cleaning Crew? I mean, there isn't not only the compatibility to 3.6.10, the campaign need a few bugfixes, too :)
It is a good campaign that could be have a better experience with less bugs :)

Quote from: Mobius;120398
Well, we first need to know if the campaign creators are available to upgrade the campaigns themselves.
[...]
(focusing on valuable campaign which have sadly become unplayable)

I already mentioned Unholy Alliance? *gg*
It has the reputation of a classic campaign... but it is full of bugs and mission errors.. it is nearly unplayable. But still a classic due to the story i think *g*

But it is okay. This was only a joke suggestion :) Because there are many plotholes, too. Like in the suggested Enemies United and Beyond the Cause. But from them.. UA has the best reputation :) And Second Great War Part 2 the worst, i think (Trashloop) :-)

seeya in space :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:04:25 PM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!
FreeSpace Pilot since 1999 :)

My writing work (all in english and german):
Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
Well, the FSCRP can't make radical changes to the plot... we modified the last mission of Warzone to remove a plot hole, but other than that things have remained pretty much the same.

ngtm1r

• \"Guns\", Galactica
    • View Profile
The FSCRP News Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 12:06:05 AM »
Quote from: Novachen;120439
Ah, okay, that explain a lot of questions *g* This wasn't clear in the Wiki entry.

But are you planning to update Cleaning Crew? I mean, there isn't not only the compatibility to 3.6.10, the campaign need a few bugfixes, too
It is a good campaign that could be have a better experience with less bugs

I don't know. I might, if nothing more interesting falls in my lap, as a way to get back to FREDding. I'll have to check if I have the original missions.
Yea verily, though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am piloting I house-sized mass of "**** you." (With apologies to Peptuck)