Author Topic: Something that needs to be pointed out  (Read 14319 times)

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
Something that needs to be pointed out
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »
Well, sorry, I won't bring it up by respect, even if I would like to, because I am really devoted to the cause (the opposition, of course).
And as one of the few representative of France on the Internet (most French are retarded in languages), I would like the international opinion to be aware of what is REALLY going on here.
I read the American press sometimes, or even the Spanish and British one, and most of what they tell about French events is a bunch of crap.

So know this: These are not RIOTS. (I was joking) These are protestations.
Against what ? Not ONLY the retirement age. It is against the fact that this reform is USELESS, INEFFECTIVE, even beyond that, it is THREATENING to our retirement system, which they claim to protect. And the most important: they are completely IGNORING democracy, and using totalitarian methods to ensure the vote of their reform !

Well, I guess I spoke about it. Sorry.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Kiloku

• Master of Lurking
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kiloku
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 10:33:57 PM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages;134049
"Soccer" is simply the abbreviated form of the term Association Football, so called in order to differentiate it from Rugby Football or American Football. Calling American Football American Football here in America (USA at least) is as silly as calling brazil nuts brazil nuts in Brazil! They just call them "nuts" there. :lol:
I'm so happy to have learned that!

We  don't just call them nuts! We call them "nuts", we call them "Pará nuts" (Pará is on of the states here.) The only exception are the people from Pará itself, they call it nuts. Well, not actually because we speak in Portuguese, but whatever.

Sorry for that, sometimes I get compelled to make random useless rants.

Just to avoid derailing the thread further, I really think you guys should use a communal twitter account to post updates.

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 11:57:08 PM »
In the United States we have sports.
Everyone else has sports too, they just all fall under the category of Futball.

/topic
:sigh:

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 12:20:02 AM »
Quote from: Fox's_Feather;134315
So know this: These are not RIOTS. (I was joking) These are protestations.
Against what ? Not ONLY the retirement age. It is against the fact that this reform is USELESS, INEFFECTIVE, even beyond that, it is THREATENING to our retirement system, which they claim to protect. And the most important: they are completely IGNORING democracy, and using totalitarian methods to ensure the vote of their reform !
Ah, doesn't every government do that??? And if it's not that, it's BIG business putting huge lobbying efforts to the government, and weak as hell Governments caving in without a second thought to how it effects their people....:devel::mad2:

That's just how the entire western world operates... Depressing isn't it.:blah:
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 01:51:37 AM »
Do you guys want Axem or DaBrain get mad? Because you're headin' that way.

This is not a platform for people to rant about their political bullox. If you have something even remotely related to Star Fox or SoL to say, then by all means, do. But this is nothing relevnt! Please stop, before the near-mythical mods arrive to wreak hell on us all! If you have nothing related to this thread, please keep your peace. I do not claim to be innocent to this thread's derailment, but can we please discontinue this before someone gets in trouble?
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Andross

• All Powerful Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »
Sure I have something Starfox related to say:
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!biggrinbiggrinbiggrinbiggrin
:nervous:
Sorry, couldn't resist... Anyway, Something Starfox is still off topic, this thread is about the lack of activity around here, not anything else, so we're going off topic by saying anythig at all!!!:naughty::lol:
THOSE TIN CANS ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!
-"The rule holds good in everything in life\'s uncertain fight; You\'ll find the winner can\'t go wrong, the loser can\'t go right.
You ride a slashing race, and lose - by one and all you\'re banned! Ride like a bag of flour, and win - they\'ll cheer you in the Stand."~Banjo Paterson

-"WE WILL BUILD A NEW STORE ROOM!!:hoppingma"~The ghost of Zen Tuo

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
Yeah well Andross I just wanted to point that out because foreigns tend to think we refuse that reform only because we are lazy, which is not the case since it is much more than that but w/e...

HEY, SHADOWS OF LYLAT RULES!!!!
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2010, 03:55:32 PM »
:welcome t
Wait, is this a necrothread, THREE WEEKS OLD? OMGOMGOMGOMG
[/Joking
Welcome aboard the Game Warden forums, Remeber not to Necrothread and that the Edit button is your friend.

Wait... ...that signature AND that post are somewhat suspicious.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:17:44 PM by Falco314 »
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Flaming Cobra

• Hasn\'t beat Gradius III
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001049449423
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2010, 02:45:35 AM »
A simple exemple (and not classified... I think!) concerns title screen. As you know, FS2 makes you choose a player profile in one of the two "barracks" that are Solo and Multi before going on main screen.

That way is not quite "starfoxish" at all, so we're trying to find our way to give you the best game experience we can.
Unfortunately for you, that matter is not an interesting topic for you and doesn't generate shiny screenies... :/

Didn't Star Fox Assault kind of do that though?
"If I have to write a research paper, do Calculus homework, complete WebAssigns for Chemistry, and read a bunch of chapters in For the Record and How the Other Half Lives, when am I going to find time to study for that exam next Tuesday?"