Which game of the series do you prefer?

reeSpace 1
12 (29.3%)
reeSpace 2
19 (46.3%)
n my opinion, they\'re both on the same level
10 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: FreeSpace 1 or FreeSpace 2?  (Read 83999 times)

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
FreeSpace 1 or FreeSpace 2?
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
There was a sketchup guy who was making a new Orion or something. Titan or someone said "THAT'S UGLY" and he got offended and deleted it.

General Battuta

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
This is human nature, not some kind of problem with the FS community.

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
Also, giving a shi* about what people say is a human nature, and in some cases it helps.
See.. my model is a frikking square, still I give a shi* about it because I just want to know I can finish a model, and I could have just lost my temper and go ahead and flame everyone that was saying that, but obviously that would be kinda pointless...
My point, there's times where you need to get involved, and there's other times where you need to just give a shi*

Some loose the temper to soon and too often, and I'm not buying the "human nature" thing.
Here and there... some times it just feels like a there's battle between two or three people, and it's kinda embarasing sometimes.
and sorry about saying the f word that much, hope you don't mind it.

peterv

• Veteran my ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2009, 11:55:57 PM »
Ah! I finally know what hapened to that exellent modeler SPECTRE87.
Isn't this a little bit of topic?

Also the poll is about "Which game of the series do we prefer" and not "Which game of the series is better beyond doubt". :hoppingma

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2009, 01:03:10 PM »
Quote from: peterv;119900
Also the poll is about "Which game of the series do we prefer" and not "Which game of the series is better beyond doubt". :hoppingma
Yeah. This is just a few people's opinion. FS2 winning this vote doesn't mean anything.

Also,
25 voters   ≠   The Whole Community

Tantalus53

• Resident Shivan Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Well, im purely an FS2 Faithfull... Coming over from The Descent series to Freespace, FS2 seemed to loon alot more attractive with its explosions, flak batteries, and beam cannons.. but aside from that, there are more subtle reasons i prefer FS2

I dont know if anyone else realised this, but, throught the FS1 Storyline, all the new weapons seemed to be getting developed /right/ then and there as you were playing (based on command briefings) Even the Medusa and the Herc were apparently developed and released to the player. Wheras, in FS2, Everything was developed allready (aside from... one, maybe two weapons) and were /authorised/ to the player by command as the game progressed. That made a big difference to me, made the game more believable.

Another reason, I felt like i could actually beat the shivans in Freespace two. That we actually stood a chance the entire game.. Untill all those sathanas' showed up and we lost all hope. Then the impending doom feeling set in. I think that sudden turn for Hopelessness is what grabbed me the most during FS2. In the end, we found a way to kill the Lucifer. We lived through it. But the Sathanas attacks? We had to /run/. And it left me thinking... 'What /can/ we do the next time they show up?'
13:22   shiv   You\'re gonna get a custom title on GW
13:22   shiv   "Master of obvious"

:biggrin1:

Mav

• \'nother Shivan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2009, 11:30:02 PM »
Well, in some way I like both very much (though I had stayed back for the last year , mostly for technical reasons :( and university) , BUT I really liked  the way that the FS1-campaign gave a credible feeling of being part of a force that's overwhelmed and encircled...

Of course, the Sathy fleet was positively scaring, and the FS2-cutscenes are great  -  actually just the same "we had a feeling we could defeat the Shivans throughout most of the game" that Tantalus53 feels positive, is what made me feel less involved during the FS2-campaign...

And concerning graphics atmosphere - that washed-out explosion shockwave from stock FS2 that looks somehow like algae was annoying me right from the start...
[edit: Oh, and to note that FS2 has the - in my view - worst ship design in the series - the Boanerges... :doubtful: ]

So, to conclude, my vote is for FS 1 . :cool1::yes:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:40:59 PM by Mav »
Location: Shivan Fleet, Interstellar Space... now you\'d like to know between WHICH stellar systems, wouldn\'t you? :ha: ;) :devel:

(only joking, of course - estimates are always welcome, though people should know they\'re just that :) )

shiv

• Earth Defense dude :)
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
Deinitely FS1 :P
"Moonred - Hates shivan ships, but is fucking awesome at making them...."
qazwsx

" SF Kobrar_PL
It fires dildo missiles"

Lucika

• Mr. Syrk
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 10:42:15 PM »
FS1 fan. Forever.

I think I have only one thing to say regarding the atmosphere of the games:

Three minutes left.  Please, you must hurry!

versus
We've lost another transport! End this massacre now, pilots!

This was all that counted and still counts for me. Is humanity a stuck-up jerk or not?