Author Topic: Deadly Secrets  (Read 7978 times)

Thulius

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« on: August 10, 2009, 06:57:20 PM »
DEADLY SECRETS; EPISODE I:
EPISODE I: BEGINNINGS…
10 years after Capella. Ten years of rebuilding, planning and some smaller wars with Pirates. The bigger problems seem to be gone. But there are new problems. New bigger ones.

Quote from Atapeth: “Every Terran and any other enemy of holy Vasuda must be eliminated! If not, the people of Vasuda Prime and it’s empire won’t have a chance to have a future!”

Ten years after the destruction of the Capella star and it’s system. Atapeth, who’s family died in Capella, who’s strategical ambitions could be deadly, has build a rebellion which is destructive fo the whole world. Holy Vasuda rebuilded in a new, modern way! That is his dream! Atapeth use an old tradition, the brotherwar! “In a storm of blood and fire we will destroy and eliminate the enemys and everything they have, to get them out of the mind of those ones who remind them in history!” Atapeth, his speech at the beginning of the war.

The brotherwar. “Vasudan tradition in the name of holy Vasuda!”
The brotherwar will be declaired if two Vasudans have some problems with each other. Those problems doesn’t have to be serious. It could be a conflict between some neighbours or some citys…Or empires. Emperor Khonsu II. declaired a new rule, just a small time before the NTF-rebellion which banned the brotherwar. Now, after Khonsus death, the brotherwar is usefull again…”The brotherwar is a primitive tradition. Like an illness of the even brighter Vasudan race. We shoudn’t fight against each other, we should hold together…!” Emperor Khonsu II. after declairing the new rule for the GTVA. (Mostly for the Vasudans.;))

The Hammer of Light. “An ideological idea which costs so many lives…”
After the destruction of the Capella star, the Hammer of Light entered a new age. Much Vasudans remaimend or get remainend on the old Prophecys. They searched for the HoL and most of them found the Hammer of Light in the Barnard's star. They called an old station of Vasudan pirates their home. With the new growth of the HoL, the GTVA should be remained of it soon...

Atapeth's rebellion...
Atapeth was a young pilot as the Capella star exploded. He lost his family in this system and get crazy as he heard of the death of his family. He actually had a brother, a mother and a father. All of them died, as they tried to get out of the system. A Cain-class cruiser destroyed the transport.
Now, ten years after Capella, he tried to get as many Vasudans as he can for his rebellion. His rebellion will be operated in the system Barnard's star. Atapeth want to save the Vasudan race. To make that happen, he destroys or try to destroy everything, that could be dangerous to the holy Vasudan empire. This includes every Terran person, the HoL and the GTVA fleet. Everyone who stands against the Vasudan empire and holy Vasuda needs to be destroyed in a storm of fire and Blood.

Episode I is about:
The new war against the Hol, which ends with the beginning of the war against Atapeth.

Allright, here are the basic informations about the new mod/campaign. The Demo will release soon (hofely) and if you have any questions, comments feel free to ask them.

Allthough, I have to wait for hosting it here, you can use this thread, to tell us (and me) what do want etc.

P.S.: You'll get more informations soon.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:59:35 AM by Thulius »
"Collossus, what happened?"
"I\'m not sure...I think someone pushed the wrong button!"

"Never, build something like that!"

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:46:30 PM »
Sounds good, but I found it a bit hard to understand... Are you are playing as Vasudans as part of the HoL?

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 02:02:09 AM »
a vasudan HOL campaign? well that's something you don't see that often, good! we are expecting more news now ^^

Thulius

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »
Quote from: dragonsniper;119234
Sounds good, but I found it a bit hard to understand... Are you are playing as Vasudans as part of the HoL?

Actually, I didn't plan to make a HoL-campaign. Even though, the HoL isn't the major part of this campaign. It's the war against Atapth and his army. But it wouldn't been so much more work to put some campaigns of the Hol or Atapeth on the same time on there.

[QUOTE:]a vasudan HOL campaign? well that's something you don't see that often, good! we are expecting more news now ^^ [/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're right. But I think I played two or three HoL campaigns. Renegade Rescurrence etc.

More infos are know in the first post.:)

Thulius

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
The Demo'll be about my Capella Review in the view of Atapeth as he lost his family. The idea here is to make a realistic campaign which could be a possible Freespace 3. Allthough, I splitt it into some Episodes, because the Mod would be a bit to big. I do not really know, if I should tell it Chapter 1 or Episode 1. Even, you see in the title "Episode" it could be called "Chapter".

That Atapeth lost his family, is a major and important part of his idea. The Vasudans had to much problems and will have other problems, as they won't destroy the Makers of those problems.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 01:24:56 PM »
So... is it going to be a CDC (character-driven campaign)?

General Battuta

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »
The FreeSpace 2 main campaign was a 'CDC'.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:52:37 PM by General Battuta »

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »
?

It wasn't, because the only tangible characters were high in ranks (Petrarch, Bosch) and the only character interpreting the role of a pilot (Snipes) did not change the plot (and that's exactly the contrary of what happened in CDCs like Blue Planet and Transcend, where characters chose where to go and what to do).

Heh, the player could even ignore Snipes' missions and proceed with the main campaign withouy playing any of the SOC loops.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 04:19:19 PM by Mobius »

General Battuta

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »
It's a CDC because Bosch drives the entire campaign. He's the Holmes (or Moriarty) to Alpha 1's Watson.

There's a great :V: interview where they explain how FS2 is different from FS1: all the events in the campaign are driven by a character.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 04:40:50 PM »
There's a specific thread to discuss the subject - let's not derail this one.

General Battuta

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »
You are not a moderator.

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
Granted, around here, neither are you. :P

:nervous:

Please don't hurt me.

General Battuta

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 01:29:51 AM »
I know, but I think I can pretty well handle the decision about where to take a discussion, thanks.

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 02:24:29 AM »
you alone on this one Thulius or you have a team with you helping?

Thulius

• View Profile
Deadly Secrets
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
It is a kind of CDC. Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation. The player can't chose what to do, but you'll get a 'name' and an own story.

And, yes I'm alone on this "project".