Author Topic: So What's the Storyline?  (Read 7978 times)

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »
Storyline is a major part of any game... I'm very interested as to what you guys are going to do for this.

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »
Well, I still have to talk to shiv about it, and I have a couple idea's, but they are for the most part single missions. Here is what I know so far:

It will be taking place during the FS1 timeline. You get transported to several different ships and fight off NTF attacks and Vasudan attacks. Currently, that's all I know, but once I've talked with shiv and thought some more about it, I may be able to give you a more descriptive storyline. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 10:31:33 PM by dragonsniper »

General Battuta

• View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:39 PM »
Quote from: dragonsniper;119080
Well, I still have to talk to shiv about it, and I have a couple idea's, but they are for the most part single missions. Here is what I know so far:

It will be taking place during the FS1 timeline. You get transported to several different ships and fight off NTF attacks and Vasudan attacks. Currently, that's all I know, but once I've talked with shiv and thought some more about it, I may be able to give you a more descriptive storyline. :)

Okay, so, that thing you just said? Makes no sense.

The nonsensicality relates to the declaration that it'll be during FS1 followed by a mention of the NTF.

Meant HoL maybe?

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:00:03 AM »
:nervous: Sorry... I never did finish the FS1 campaign (to many bugs) and I was very busy doing many things at once while I typed it out. What I meant to say was that it will be taking place during the first great war, before the Shivans come around, and you fight rebel Terrans, rebel Vasudans (I guess they would be the HoL instead of the NTF :)) and normal Vasudans. That's the current plan, but it may change later down the road. Sorry for the stupid mistake. :)

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
IMO, it would make SO much more sense if it were during FS2's timeline. You have an existing hostile Terran faction to fight, and what's more a large land battle already mentioned - Cygnus Prime. There are capture missions you could do involving Terrans and all sorts of scenarios you could stage. Seeing as how it seems you're going to be using Terran actor models as the primary antagonists, using an existing Terran enemy would make far more sense.

FS1 on the other hand has only McCarthy as an existing Terran faction, which is tiny. With no mention of previous rebel Terran factions, you'll have to make your own Terran faction up which is going to sound like canon-rape. Apart from a possible Taranis boarding or recreation of Hallfight, I seriously doubt FS1 is a good place to set this mod.

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
I see what you mean. FS2 would be a great place to start, but the FS1 era may work also. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 06:02:59 PM »
yeah I was thinking the same thing, there are not that much terran factions on the FS1 era, a fight with the NTV on a deimos corvette hallways always come to my mind when coming around here! ^^

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
I'm sure that McCarthy can't be the only treasonous member of the GTA. There are always minor conflict such as gangs and pirates, as well. And FS has large-scale interspecies battles.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
Just because FS1 era ground battles weren't mentioned in the actual game, doesn't mean that they didn't happen.

There are always minor conflict such as gangs and pirates, as well. And FS has large-scale interspecies battles.

Yep. It wasn't all fought in space. :)

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »
Quote from: Syphe D. Mar;119119
I'm sure that McCarthy can't be the only treasonous member of the GTA. There are always minor conflict such as gangs and pirates, as well. And FS has large-scale interspecies battles.
Yes, but making your own "United Rebel Front" just for the purposes of a few missions which is never mentioned or alluded to in any of the games always smells of canon-rape.

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »
Your right, but depending on the situation, sometimes it is necessary to make another group that was never mentioned (as long as you don't get to carried away with it.)

General Battuta

• View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 01:14:32 AM »
I don't think gangs and pirates would have access to either spacecraft (beyond freighters, very rarely) or GTA-grade weapons. Not judging by today's world, at least.

Black Wolf

• Lemur!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 05:05:30 AM »
[colour=burlywood]What about the GTI? They're a legitimate, canon group of Terran enemies. Set it during Silent Threat. You've got hostile Terrans (GTI, and the only canon pirates in all of FS), Hostile Vasudans (Silence all Voices style, or the HoL) and Shivans still running around. Ideal.[/colour]
"What you egg!" Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 80
"Young fry of treachery!"Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 81

[colour=red]w00t! [colour] tags for the masses![/colour]

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 04:36:12 PM »
The GTI was hostile?

Snail

• Massive Dickwad
    • View Profile
So What's the Storyline?
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »
Quote from: Black Wolf;119145
[colour=burlywood]What about the GTI? They're a legitimate, canon group of Terran enemies. Set it during Silent Threat. You've got hostile Terrans (GTI, and the only canon pirates in all of FS), Hostile Vasudans (Silence all Voices style, or the HoL) and Shivans still running around. Ideal.[/colour]
Ah, that's a great idea. GTI is the perfect enemy.

Quote from: dragonsniper;119165
The GTI was hostile?
You're joking right?