Author Topic: FreeSpace Assault Force Q's and A's  (Read 12908 times)

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
FreeSpace Assault Force Q's and A's
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 11:39:15 PM »
Well my point was that Half Life 2 isn't free, while the following engines are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_First-Person_Shooters#Free_first-person_shooter_game_engines

The most important part of this, though, is to bring the mod to life. If the HL2 engine succeeds in that, it'd be alright.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 01:32:01 PM »
Before I wanted to start this mod, I looked through all the free first person and third person engines that I could find. In the end, I decided that you get what you pay for. The only other free engine that looked any good was probably the cube engine, but the graphics were crappy and it was a tough level designer to learn. I want this mod to look good and be of the best quality. Plus HL2 only costs $10-$20 on steam. :)

gamingfan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
6€ is not at all too much for such a nice thing. i think everyone should try it. is it possible to purchase from one of the forum members at a more lower price?

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
Forum members, as in one of us? I don't think you can. Just a week ago Steam was having a massicve HL2 sale (instead of $20 U.S. it was $5) Don't know if the sale is still in effect though...