Freespace > General Freespace

FreeSpace FPS

(1/10) > >>

dragonsniper:
So, I was looking through the archived area here at GW, and apparently a couple years back, there was a group that were going to create a FPS for FreeSpace. So my question is, who likes or dislikes the idea and why, and what engine would you have it built on if you could have your choice?

shiv:
I like it a lot, and I'd love to help in this project (can be even hosted at GW). I'd prefer Half-Life 2 engine the most. It has cool physics. Crysis engine would work too, it allows you to pilot spacecraft - look at bsg crysis mod.

Rodo:
are you talking about a first person shooter? or something else maybe?

shiv:
Yes. Just like Half-Life, Far Cry, Crysis, Medal of Honor and many others, Rodo.

Personally, I heavily encourage to make a FPS FreeSpace mod with ability to fly fighters. Just a preview of what can be done using Crysis engine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1F6ghLt35s (however I prefer HL2 more for this mod)

I'd love to start a new project with FreeSpace FPS using HL2. Dragonsniper, would you like to? :)

dragonsniper:
Well, I recently got HL2, and am having trouble with Hammer (it's a long learning process so I hear) but once i have it figured out I don't think it will be to hard. I've also been doing a lot of heavy reading about the FS Close-Quarters group from back in 05 and 06. I still have some reading on what their plans were, to see if I can dig out a story or some models that they were working with. I also stumbled across a website from back in '01. The guys that tried doing it then didn't get real far, but they had a lot of weapon specs and other cool stuff (here's the link for those interested in looking.) http://redfaction.volitionwatch.com/fsfps/

--- Quote ---I'd love to start a new project with FreeSpace FPS using HL2. Dragonsniper, would you like to?
--- End quote ---
Yes I would like to. I would like to read on what the other group was doing, and once I have, then I'll see if MatthewPapa will either bring that project back to life, or host a new one.

Opinions and idea's are still welcome. :yes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version