Author Topic: Minicampaigns - I fell in love with them  (Read 4857 times)

shiv

• Earth Defense dude :)
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
Minicampaigns - I fell in love with them
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
Tell me your opinions. Do you like minicampaigns with less than 10 missions? Honestly, I love both to play and FRED them.

Why?

It's a fun to have a break with small side-project that contain about 6-7 missions. You can test new FS2 Open features and stuff. The ideas for missions evolve fastly. When I started fredding The Apocalypse: Vega I had in mind absolutely diffrent campaign. During development it evolved into what it is now :naughty:

In addition, there're gameplay adventages and community adventages.

Let me explain why. Making mini-campaign takes a very little amount of time. So potential players get something new and fresh faster and the campaign with good mission design, storyline and usage of FS2 Open features - And it could be still cool.

Releasing many mini campaigns is also very good for community. If there's more cool things with nice gameplay to test and play, there's automatically more things to discuss about and it keeps community active.

What are your opinions about minicampaigns?

Do you have cool ideas for them in mind? I'm always more than willing to FRED them. :D
"Moonred - Hates shivan ships, but is fucking awesome at making them...."
qazwsx

" SF Kobrar_PL
It fires dildo missiles"

dragonsniper

• Nuking a Sathana\'s
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
I think I like mini campaigns better also. A lot less story planning goes into them, and the missions are a lot of fun to FRED. It's also nice that they only have a couple missions, then it isn't an excessively long FREDing haul. That doesn't mean that I don't like longer campaigns or mods... several that I have played have a great storyline that flows smoothly and sucks me right in (examples are Transcend and Derlict. :)) I also agree with shiv... it's nice to have a new campaign, even if it is only 5 missions long. The one big downside of mini campaigns that I have is that it is hard to fit a smooth storyline with a lot of detail into something that short. That's just my personal opinion though. :)

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »
Shiv, don't forget that I also love minicampaigns... hehe... ;)

I find them very nice to FRED and play under many points of view. Shiv knows from his experience in the INF Team that I particurarly like side-minicampaigns released with something bigger and more ambitious.

Having a main campaign with 1-3 minicampaigns released with is awesome, IMHO. It gives players the possibility of choosing what they want to do first. :)

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
yeah they are fine, specially when those have good freded missions.

Desertfox

• FS2 Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:18:44 PM »
I'm making a mini campaign, about 9 missions. I may make another if the one I'm working on receives a good review

xiaxiaxia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »
Actually docile little fox Replica Watches nodded."Then how do I do?" Liu shock had a little bit embarrassed to ask, 444 but is related to their own happiness, or the cheek to ask.
"You do not know how to solve family disputes and the sea, but if really willing WARE princess with you, I will not be unreasonable to refuse meth Terry Poseidon Intuit wonderful blessing." Ying-yu twist twist Liu   shocked the nose, face a gentle: "But we have to remain between the proper distance."Liu shocked at the heart screams, finally harvest, actually, or only eat half full, this is not what is torture? However, Ning Yu face a pull, he is a little timid from the heart,   is really a killer face.
"What shocked hair?" Liu Ning Yu pushed a shock."I want to ......" shock cheek 555 Liu Ning Yu's hands grabbed the waist, a group of some kind withstood stiff Ning Yu waist.