Author Topic: The New Inferno  (Read 12976 times)

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:41:27 AM »
i like inferno release 1:)

it is a very good mod with many nice looking ships :) Okay, i'm not very interested in Inferno: Alliance because i want to fight shivans :). But i have to say, that the war between GTVA and Earth in R1 was the first and only one in my personal freespace timeline. I'm looking a little suspious to mods like Blue Planet 2, Earth Defence (and many more) which tell the same story about hostile earth forces. it looks like that nobody has own ideas for a scenario :(

But i'm interested in which way and how Inferno SCP will have similarities and differences to the first Release. I hope there will be a few more freespace2 ships like hecate, ravana and hatshepsut and a few fighters (there were orions, typhons and demons from freespace in freespace2, too *g*) to keep the continuity within the universe :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:47:50 AM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!
FreeSpace Pilot since 1999 :)

My writing work (all in english and german):
Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

General Battuta

• View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »
Blue Planet doesn't use a story about hostile Earth forces.

All that said, an Earth-Sol war is the logical continuation of the story, and INF was probably not the origin of the concept.

Rodo

• stargazer
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
well.. you know FS gameplay is based on warfare action, so making a pacific entrance on sol means you'll be fighting SOL PIRATES!

hell shi*.. pirates again no!! (fresh memories of old campaigns featuring crappy CRAPPY pirate factions)

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
The New Inferno
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
When I started playing FreeSpace (and INFR1 as well) I noticed quite a few analogies with Colony Wars, and older series which featured the collapse of a "jump node" (in FS terms) that led to the isolation of Sol. Then, when the node was opened from the inside, a war with the humans who lived outside Sol started. Overall, this concept seems well radicated.

Speaking of Inferno SCP, I'm sticking with SadisticSid's concept while significantly expanding it. The Earth Alliance will be a very strong opponent this time, and their technological level will also justify how they managed to build a large number of ships.

The technology which ensured the EA's success will be somewhat introduced in a side story of INFASA. Yeah, I'm refering to another minicampaign I intend to reveal to the public in less than two weeks. :)

Thulius

• View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »
Nice. I always thought that Inferno R1 and also the SCP-Version and Inferno Alliance were campaigns that you have to play. And its just getts better and better!:yes:
"Collossus, what happened?"
"I\'m not sure...I think someone pushed the wrong button!"

"Never, build something like that!"

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 04:21:44 PM »
INF will also have a load of plot-related info to read. They're not 100% necessary to understand the main campaign, but reading them is strongly recommended.

Many of them will be publically posted as previews/presentations, while many others will be readable only after the release (the Fiction Viewer is the key). :)

Novachen

• Flying supernova
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 04:38:32 PM »
Quote from: General Battuta;120284
Blue Planet doesn't use a story about hostile Earth forces.

Blue Planet: AoA not, yes. But i'm a bit suspicious about the end were the GTVA is attacking the Earth force. I'm not informed about Blue Planet:WiH very well because i don't want to spoil me too much. But if the first episode ends with an unofficial declaration of war so i think it is, you called it already, a logical continuation of the story to continue with that :)

All that said, an Earth-Sol war is the logical continuation of the story, and INF was probably not the origin of the concept.

I never said it, that this scenario has the origin in inferno release 1 :)

Quote from: Rodo;120289
well.. you know FS gameplay is based on warfare action, so making a pacific entrance on sol means you'll be fighting SOL PIRATES!

hell shi*.. pirates again no!! (fresh memories of old campaigns featuring crappy CRAPPY pirate factions)

I don't think that it is an obligation to have a bloody reunion for an interesting and action ranging story, not even in the game :) Sometimes many stories reminds me to murphy's law *gg*. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:42:42 PM by Novachen »
I was there, you were there and you should never forget it. GTVA FreeSpace Convention, Paris 2001!
FreeSpace Pilot since 1999 :)

My writing work (all in english and german):
Dark Abyss (2001) - What wll happen thirteen years later, after the neo-terran front come back in service... with the shivans, of course.
At the Edge of the Abyss (2003) - fifteen years after capella the GTVA have to face their annihilation again, and this time... there is no escape.
Fallen Angel (INFR1) (2006) - 32 years have passed since the capella supernova. the GTVA has completed their GTI Melia jumpgate in delta serpentis and reopened the jump node to sol... and fall in war against an enemy named earth alliance. Furthermore... what meaning have those damn strange readings in ross 128?

shiv

• Earth Defense dude :)
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
The New Inferno
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 07:08:49 PM »
Earth Defence (and many more) which tell the same story about hostile earth forces
How do you know that? because ED is defineately not going to be about the thing you're talking about.
"Moonred - Hates shivan ships, but is fucking awesome at making them...."
qazwsx

" SF Kobrar_PL
It fires dildo missiles"

starlord

• View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 02:55:56 PM »
I wonder mobius, related to the spirits of ptah, when where the vasudans in contact with nahema bombers? They must have been at some point to design the sekhmet...

Black Wolf

• Lemur!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/twistedinfinities
The New Inferno
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:13 PM »
Quote from: starlord;120659
I wonder mobius, related to the spirits of ptah, when where the vasudans in contact with nahema bombers? They must have been at some point to design the sekhmet...

[colour=burlywood]The Sekhmet was a HoL design originally, they probably got to see a few ships that we didn't in FS1.[/colour]
"What you egg!" Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 80
"Young fry of treachery!"Macbeth, Act IV, Scene II, Line 81

[colour=red]w00t! [colour] tags for the masses![/colour]

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
According to the tech description, the HoL claimed the Sekhmet was based on a Shivan design Terran and Vasudan forces hadn't encountered (at the time of FS1, of course).

starlord

• View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
Oh, another little thing I'm thinking of, any chance of squeezing the HLD prophecy in that campaign? I hate unfinished business. :devel:

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
The Prophecy would be a nice addition, yeah...

Oh, and we now have a new Het-Ka! :D
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 07:10:19 PM by Mobius »

starlord

• View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 08:53:26 AM »
oh, is it anything like the old mesh or has it changed?

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
The New Inferno
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »
As far as I know it's the second time the Het-Ka's mesh has been changed. There was the good old INFR1 model, then replaced by a different version of it. The third/current mesh, however, is very close to the PVD Typhon in terms of shape. :)