Poll

What resolution do you use to browse the web?

00x600
1 (2.5%)
024x768
7 (17.5%)
280x720
5 (12.5%)
280x1024
13 (32.5%)
600x1200
6 (15%)
920x1080
3 (7.5%)
920x1200
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Site Survey  (Read 41260 times)

General Battuta

• View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 12:03:59 AM »
Yeah, the fact that Mobius is talking to people who are dissatisfied with HLP is no evidence of anything wrong with HLP; it just means he's sought out people who are dissatisfied with HLP.

The gross minority.

Let's move on.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
Site Survey
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2009, 12:20:22 PM »
My POV was meant to help GW by evidencing the bad aspects of other communities and help GW emerging as something alternative (which is one of the many things GW needs to be fully resurrected). That is just my opinion, and this thread should not derail.

The E, if you want to know more you can simply ask me to send a PM.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
Send me a PM.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2009, 12:48:01 PM »
Only if I know what you're going to do with it - either you'll take them in consideration in an interesting effort to reckognize evident lacks or you'll use them in the anti-Mobius crusade. Only the former option is reasonable enough for me.

I may specify in a detailled way what needs to be changed and/or acknowledged (according to my personal experience and my recent talks with other members). I will not reveal no one's nickname, though.

General Battuta

• View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 02:16:55 PM »
There's never been an anti-Mobius crusade. Just trouble being handled, in the same way it was with an0n and woutersmits and the like.

The only difference is that you can't seem to accept it as well as those colorful characters.

Honestly, if you'd just shut up, work, and release INFASA, you'd be a long way back to repairing your image. Talk does nothing but make you look like a prima donna.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:22:39 PM by General Battuta »

The E

• His Majesty
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
Quote from: Mobius;118821
My POV was meant to help GW by evidencing the bad aspects of other communities and help GW emerging as something alternative (which is one of the many things GW needs to be fully resurrected). That is just my opinion, and this thread should not derail.

The E, if you want to know more you can simply ask me to send a PM.

I do want to know more. However, I strongly feel that issues like these belong out in the open, for everyone to see and discuss. While internet forums may not be democracies, public opinion does have some influence. The flip side of that particular coin is, however, that opinions which are not made public do not change anything at all.
The last person I saw running around screaming "HLP is going down, leave the sinking ship for greener pastures" was an0n. Who, as it turns out, just couldn't understand that sometimes, the majority actually disagrees with him. Or that he could be wrong.
Proud member of the Blue Planet, Project MULTI and FreeSpace Upgrade teams
Second-in-command of the HLP support ninjas.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 04:15:48 PM »
Matt, any chance of adding a section of the site devoted to polls? We may have stuff like "What's your favorite ship/campaign/bomber/fighter/style?" there. I'm not sure, but it may work... :)

Lt. Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuomaskankola.com
Site Survey
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
You might want to take a look at the section this thread is in...

qazwsx

• Semi-Compotent Blenderer
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »
:ha::ha::ha:
XD
I have a feeling the entire ED team is just one of you guys playing all the other guys. And it\'s some elaborate joke to make me look stupid. - Snail
II think it\'s a case of "Overambitious with no talent? MAKE FS3!!!
but we\'re actually getting somewhere unlike most people :D
- Snail on the subject of ED\'s strangely young team

We could always use the speed patch, make everything travel at realistic speeds and thus break the gameplay for the sake of awesome. - Watsisname, on the subject of having capships as fighters[/SIZE]
Your name is a trainwreck - iamzack[/SIZE]

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
This is for polls with threads attached to them... I was refering to independent polls with no threads attached. But yeah, this place may be fine because threads = activity. :)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »
Quote from: Mobius;118823
Only if I know what you're going to do with it - either you'll take them in consideration in an interesting effort to reckognize evident lacks or you'll use them in the anti-Mobius crusade. Only the former option is reasonable enough for me.

There's never been an anti-Mobius campaign of any shape, size or form.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
So you'd accept suggestions?

Back on topic: because the current polls is the way too important for the actual development of GW, I may create the polls mentioned above... but later. They're not particurarly useful (I recall similar threads on HLP), but may work for the sake of entertainment. :)

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2009, 07:21:31 AM »
Quote from: Mobius;118860

I told you to send the PM didn't I?

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
Site Survey
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
Quote from: Mobius;118860

Back on topic: because the current polls is the way too important for the actual development of GW, I may create the polls mentioned above... but later. They're not particurarly useful (I recall similar threads on HLP), but may work for the sake of entertainment.

Or go post some of those articles on the site that you said you wanted to do. actions speak a lot louder than words sometimes. You know, doing something instead of talking about doing something.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
Site Survey
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
Quote from: karajorma;118869
I told you to send the PM didn't I?

And I almost certainly do it if I have time.

Quote from: MatthewPapa;118870
Or go post some of those articles on the site that you said you wanted to do. actions speak a lot louder than words sometimes. You know, doing something instead of talking about doing something.

First poll of a hopefully long series created.

Apparently, threads and their respective polls aren't posted at the same time. Snail, in fact, didn't notice any polls when reading the thread in the first place.