Author Topic: Why not TRY and make a Deal with Nintendo?  (Read 25930 times)

DZComposer

• Nom Nom Nom. Om, Nom.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.classicalhorn.com
Why not TRY and make a Deal with Nintendo?
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2009, 02:48:19 AM »
Both of you stop, please.

mysql> SELECT * FROM rabid_krystal_fans WHERE yiff = \'no\';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

http://www.corneriasound.com

Axem

• MRRFR MRRF!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sectorgame.com/axem/
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2009, 03:09:38 AM »
I'd give you a warning Mr Saxton, but I know you'd just as well ignore it.

See you in a week.

Fox_McCloud3232

• Ace texture replacer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.random-sauce3292.piczo.com
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2009, 06:48:54 AM »
Quote from: Axem;118009
I'd give you a warning Mr Saxton, but I know you'd just as well ignore it.

See you in a week.

I apologise for the fight there AXEM. i was only trying to defend  arwingT here. If you wish to ban me as well for even continuing the fight i think that would be a fitting punishment. actually, i think i'll just lurk for a while. i think it's better that way
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click here to see my brawler card (somehow it was deleted)

Why is it that the moment you stop looking for something, it suddenly turns up? well it\'s a law of nature. because nature hates you :lol: ~ Fox_McCloud3232

Paul

• Audio Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »
*Cough* Well, anyway.

I see what you mean DZ about the code releases causing a legal stir, and that's a shame really as that could have aided development immensely.

Surely then the IP change would probably be the only way to keep the project going after a serious lawsuit threat. It depends what the devs want more - would they rather their project freeze forever as the image of their almost-reached dream StarFox game, or would they rather move the project forward and instead focus on simply making a great game, without Slippy Toad or General Pepper?

ArwingT

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »
I understand that signing a deal with Nintendo would cause an uproar. I'm sorry about that. It was just on my mind.
I predict, that dogs will rule the world. My cartoon, "Doggy Life", is a funny cartoon on which Dogs have dominated the world.

Okay, they look innocent. It may seen that the dogs live with humans in peace, but dogs are mostly seen. And even though all dogs look innocent, they are really the overlords of the world that I have created for them. :lol:
Darry: Okay, enough! Please stop embarrassing us in front of all these people! :hoppingma
See what I mean, people?
Darry: :mad: (eats ArwingT)
Okay, they\'re innocent. Now can you let me out, Darry Dachshund?
Darry: No. :no:

shadowmatt18

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
just a question and im really not trying to cause a fight over this mind you. does this thread really need to continue? i think we've covered the what ifs and if Nintendo was going to do anything they would have done it by now since the screening of your brand new trailer. Theres no sense on trying to make a deal with nintendo anyways because you'd lose creative control. this subject has already got 1 (or more) people banned and it won't exactly come to a overall conclusion of what will happen unless something really bad happens with nintendo and you guys. all i'm saying, just stating the obvious and not trying to pick a fight with anyone out there, it's a pointless subject.

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2009, 03:34:56 AM »
I agree with you shadowmatt18 hence why I was leaning towards locking this thread before is broke out into an argument and people got banned but I was too late.

shadowmatt18

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2009, 04:03:02 AM »
Quote from: Brockenstein;118117
I agree with you shadowmatt18 hence why I was leaning towards locking this thread before is broke out into an argument and people got banned but I was too late.

thanks. well then it might be a good idea just to stop this thread before it happens again. :l

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
Just a question guys.

If Nintendo eventually comes to ask you to shut down the project, will you just give up 6 years of work, or will you use it to make something else?
Because until now, all you're saying sounds like the first option... And it's scary, I just wouldn't let go 6 years of my work for nothing.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
There is no backup plan.

I don't think that we could release something 'similar' without running into legal trouble after getting a C&D letter.

Why is everbody so negative?

Nintendo didn't shut this project down for six long years.
Shouldn't we be greatful, rather than afraid?
I think it's awesome they let us continue and I'd like to thank Nintendo for this.

Nintendo shutting down fan projects just doesn't fit into my image of them.

Just as a notice. If there is the slightest indication of trouble in this thread again, I will lock this thread(!)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

AWSOMEABLE

• Still Loving Wolves
    • View Profile
    • http://www.borforums.com/
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2009, 03:32:39 AM »
Quote from: jjc0929;117637
hello guys
awesome ideas, lawl.
GREATEST IDEA EVER.
YOU DESERVE A NOBEL PRIZE.
Will you marry me? <3

FLAWL3ss

• FREE Advocate
    • View Profile
    • http://nwarriors.com/
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2009, 04:11:54 AM »
Quote from: Star Yoshi;117970
You have to understand guys, that there is no real contingency plan.

If Nintendo shuts us down, they shut us down. All we can do is appease them and follow their rules as closely as possible concerning IP and their own wishes. Hopefully they will allow this project to be completed.

If not, any kind of "reasoning" with Nintendo would be fruitless, and any attempts to continue the project would be illegal (someone correct me if I'm wrong anywhere here).

All this work, this is the backup plan you guys wanna settle for? Worst case scenario, hand the project off to someone who doesn't mind the legal risks. Don't let all these years of work go in vain...

And even if you guys decide to stop working on the game because of a C&D, I know someone else out there will have the balls to finish what was started. You can't let the fans down here, and you'll be doing a great service to Nintendo (by getting many more fans interested in the series) whether they like it or not.

kruai

• Title!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »
Okay I'm pretty sure we've covered all aspects of this projects possible legal doom.  If somebody shuts down the project, it'll be shut down.  If not, it won't be.  Can I just scream that this project won't fail to reinforce a more positive fate and leave it at that?

jjc0929

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;117938
Fox, not you...

The NOOB that started this BS.

I was mega tired when I posted and after writing an extensive and detailed explanation I realized it was absolutely wasted on a mere troll and in disgust and frustration I erased it and just condensed it to that statement.

Plus I got tired of writing the same thing over and over people should know before they put words to screen about issues like this. Especially when they come off as knowing more than they obviously don't about gaming and modding.

I accidentally made it seem I was responding to you! I didn't use quote and that compounded the error after initial erasure... OOoops!

Apologies to Fox for the mixup, NOT for the statement itself.

Hehe...

Disclaimer: (you're not an idoit, AFAIK) :)

oh, Look at the "Smart" Trying to act Intelligent.

Im a Noob?, because i dont want the project to be shutdown, or because of my low Post count? or because you ASSUME that i dont know anything about Gaming?

before you go acting all smart and calling People Noob, Find out what they are all about, for all you know, i could be better than you at Whatever you do.

and stop trying to make your paragraphs longer by writing Pretty adjectives with synonyms, it makes you seem desperate at trying to be smart.

Peace.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:56:59 PM by jjc0929 »

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
Quote from: jjc0929;118250
Im a Noob?, because i dont want the project to be shutdown, or because of my low Post count? or because you ASSUME that i dont know anything about Gaming?
Because you created this thread.

And here's the slight indication of trouble.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.