Author Topic: Getting a printout of the reference card - a problem  (Read 5270 times)

Kiwi

• Crusty Old Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
Getting a printout of the reference card - a problem
« on: May 22, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
There is a file on the game CD for Descent: Freespace, named Refcard.RTF, but the several text-handling programs I have on that PC aren't getting a usable image in Rich Text Format, just a run-on, jammed-together short paragraph, followed by a very long second paragraph of the same kind.  

Is there a PDF file somewhere that can be used instead?  

P.S. Added in edit, twenty minutes or so later (10:42 AM):  were there changes in the assigned keys between FS 1 and FS 2?  Google led me to a copy of the Freespace two reference card.

P.P.S. At 6:30 PM CDST: I really had no idea how active the community for Freespace was until an hour or so ago.  I'd just managed to miss a lot of links until then.  But I do have a question besides asking about any command key references that may have changed from FS1 to FS2.  

My Retail copy of the game came with three CDs in two CD cases, in a joined cardboard CD wrapper.  The 1.06 patch had already been applied, and the manual is on the CD as a PDF file.  The third CD is for the expansion, of course.  But the game's install never asked for the second CD.  What is it used for?  Other language versions?

Thanks.

:doubtful:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:40:50 PM by Kiwi »
Kiwi

*  :biggrin1:  *

Goober5000

• Über Goober
    • View Profile
Getting a printout of the reference card - a problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »
Hmm, nobody answered your post yet?

The second CD is used for cutscenes and (depending on your install) command briefing animations.  The game will ask you for it at some point when you play the main campaign.