Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 6069 times)

Tex

• View Profile
Howdy
« on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
I recently stumbled on to your game when I was looking around for Star Fox stuff on the internet. I was a kid when I played Star Fox 64 and it is still one of my favorite games.

Years down the road I now have some emulators on my PC and can play the old Star Fox games (SF1, SF2 and SF64).

When I was shopping nexgen consoles a few years back, I noticed the newest SF game, Adventures, looked like an abomination of the series. I gave up on Nintendo and went the Microsoft route (we won't discuss that here).

I didn't know they made Assault, but with my GameCube emulator, I'm downloading both Adventures and Assault to at least give them a try. ETA: I lied... once I realized how large each ISO file is, its much too big to deal with on my laptop and I don't want to do it on my desktop, I gave up. Heck I could get a GC for $30 and the games for $15 each if I really wanted to try them (or even rent them for less).

Here's where you come in. A true sim in the Star Fox universe is exactly what I'd like to see on PC. I would dig out my joystick for this (arrow keys on the emulators are kicking my butt).

So are things still going well? I understand its a small staff and large indy projects take time, but read on the glorious Internets that development has dropped off as of late.

And why is everyone so obsessed with a Nintendo C&D letter? I realize they have the legal means to shut you down, but you could easily fight on the basis that you're not making money from it... its just you would need money to do fight...

Either way, good luck and I'm looking forward to a finished product. I might even update my desktop comp since the graphics look so spiffy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:23:07 AM by Tex »

tnpcook1

• View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »
Its made alot of progress visually in the past few years.
At the moment, the neat lil updates and progress are being hidden from at least me ^_^.
Maybe the other board members are hoarding the new screenies in a hidden battleship.. or something.

MarekMcCloud

• Land of disappointment
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 02:06:51 AM »
Im just waiting for a demo of some sort. at least a arwing test fly or something. after all, it has been 7 year(I believe)\

wait! im not the new guy anymore!! yay!

welcome to game warden btw
:sigh:

Player_72985

• Game Tester
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
The game looks amazing from what I've seen of it on YouTube and on the main site here, would love a demo or even more *sneakily ninjas around*, would love customizing control scheme to a mouse or a Joystick (if I had one).

Also, welcome Tex =)

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 02:34:30 AM »
I hope this has joystick compatability, I probably won't bother buying one though. I was always really good with the keyboard scheme from galaga PC.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Player_72985

• Game Tester
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 02:45:08 AM »
After listening to the latest Blog Cast, Joystick compatibility is confirmed =D  Awesomesauce!

Flammenwerfer fox

• Professional scum hunter
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 07:09:14 PM »
Cool. um, where can I find the blog casts I've heard of em but I haven't seen em. Are they on youtube or the SOL website.
Sometimes, knowing that you\'ve hurt someone is worse than punishment.

Player_72985

• Game Tester
    • View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 07:12:20 PM »
They're located on YouTube, but the links to the Blog Cast were found on these forums:
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7421&highlight=blog  is where I found one of them.

Another is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEShhj2PvHY