Author Topic: Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS  (Read 6003 times)

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« on: March 21, 2009, 09:43:51 AM »
Well that was heartbreaking, amazing episode but just heartbreaking to see it all end.

I'm actually sitting here depressed now because of it.

The battle scenes were absolutely amazing but i was annoyed that the whole FTL distortion thing got ignored when the assult force jumped out the starboard landing and then when galactica jumped away, still was pretty amazing. and i was left open mouthed with awe at the centurians and marines fighting side by side.

I also liked the shots of the fleet arriving at new earth but i was kinda confused at it considering they found one that seemed to have the same continents.

The Adama/Roslin scenes were beautifully touching as well as the Kara/Anders moment where she said goodbye.

Good ending as well with heads Baltar and Six in New york and Hendrix on the radio (does this make Hendrix/Bob Dylan a cylon now) lol.

Questions that are unanswered...

Where did the second Starbuck come from and who is she really?

Explinations about Heads Baltar and Six?

And what the hell ever happened to that Gina cylon from season one, that annoys me to this day?

Why were the Flashbacks there?

I suppose you could put the first three down to angelic intervention but yeah.

Still all round amazing episode and cant wait for the longer cut on the DVD's.

Werthead

• View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »
Overall, a great episode. But I can hear the Internet exploding with frustrated and enraged fanboys at not getting their spoonfed answers from here.

The battle scenes were absolutely amazing but i was annoyed that the whole FTL distortion thing got ignored when the assult force jumped out the starboard landing and then when galactica jumped away, still was pretty amazing. and i was left open mouthed with awe at the centurians and marines fighting side by side.

Galactica should have damaged the surrounding area of the Colony when it jumped, but was too small (relative to the size of the Colony) to 'tear its guts out'. However, when the assault force jumped out the starboard landing pod it blew out the windows and tore a HUGE hole in the side of the ship, with the air blasting out into space and everything.

Also, didn't Galactica jump with the flight pods extended? I'm guessing that contributed to the damage the ship sustained.

I also liked the shots of the fleet arriving at new earth but i was kinda confused at it considering they found one that seemed to have the same continents.

Real Earth didn't have the same continents as 13th Tribe's Earth. They were very careful never to show us the 13th Tribe's Earth in Revelations or Sometimes a Great Notion. The Earth we saw in the Season 3 finale was this (the real) Earth.

Where did the second Starbuck come from and who is she really?

She was Gandalf the White. When she died the One True God sent her back to fulfil the rest of her destiny.

Explinations about Heads Baltar and Six?

Servants or angels of the OTG.

Why were the Flashbacks there?

Simply to bookend the series. Show why Laura got into politics, how Starbuck and Apollo's relationship evolved, why Adama didn't take early retirement and a job (with a bank or something, I think) and how Ellen and Tigh's relationship worked when they weren't yelling at one another. I don't think we needed all of the flashbacks, but they generally worked well.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »
ohhhh i get it now about Earth, sneaky one, and i didnt notice the windows being blown out either, must of been the small moniter (i watch it online but i have a set to record on sky so it still gets ratings).

I wonder also whats going to happen to the centurians and their baseship, as well as cavils other ships, doubt we'll ever see.

combat

• Insane
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »
did anyone find it funny with cavils line "frak it" right before he blew his own brains out

also looks racetrack like made true on her promise of taking as maning cylons to hell with her
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 02:46:39 PM by combat »
Tomorrow The End of the World
Next tuesday Bingo

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:38:41 PM »
Racetrack made true of her promise of taking as many cylons to hell with her.
I was bit surprised... 4 vipers out of the air wing were lost in the assault.

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 03:02:46 PM »
What an ending!!!!!

I thought that was absolutely brilliant!! An amazing ending!!!!

Wonder what became of the Cylons?
The Cylon Vs Cylon fight scenes were sooooo cool!
Like the very end scene, the future of robotics

Wondering if the Caprica scenes were simply to judge our reaction to the new show (although its set in the a lot more in the past)

Was Head Six an Angel and Head Baltar a Demon?

Wonder if Anders actually destroyed the fleet…….

It all basically makes sense  

I am well impressed

The fight scenes were amazing. Music was brilliant. Acting was memorising.
Think that could be my favourite episode of all time

So Earth really was paradise…

What does the future hold for us humans?
New breed of Cylons?

All that has happened before, it could happen again….
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Don’t be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
Quote from: Ender;113527
I wonder also whats going to happen to the centurians and their baseship, as well as cavils other ships, doubt we'll ever see.

Who knows could make for an interesting Star Trek of Stargate episode..... :lol:

But they have all since ended.........

All my fav sci-fi shows gone!!!!!!

Sci-Fi is now dead
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Don’t be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Quote from: TESLA;113534
Who knows could make for an interesting Star Trek of Stargate episode..... :lol:

But they have all since ended.........

All my fav sci-fi shows gone!!!!!!

Sci-Fi is now dead

*pulls a cavil*

Frak it.

Apart from Stargate universe coming out which i have little hope for, whats actually on anymore worth watching.

Bellerophon Actual

• Battlestar Commander
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
All of Sci-Fi's (or is it Syfy now...) shitty science fiction movies; if they even deserve that title.

thesnare

• View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »
Well it was fun. I figured it would end with our beginning and thats cool. Yeah i wish they would have explained star buck a bit better but they didnt so ok. Baltar's destiny seemed a bit flat. Can someone answer what the point of the forming the religious cult we didnt even see them on earth but they've got to be there. I guess they are there to show where the origin of our religions. I would have punched lee for suggesting roughing it. Frak that hunting with sticks, no lighters. I would have taken a gun. How does leaving everyone without technology on the planet give them a chance to stop the cycle. They should know that we will eventually get it all back. Meanwhile tons of people get to die from a cold because lee adama thought it would be a good idea to send the frakin anti biotics into the sun. Yeah great idea lee, hell why do we need arms those just allow us to build the machines might as well chop them off. It dilutes the meaning of galactica to, its not technology that is bad its how you use it.

You know in a couple years it would be awesome if they did like  BSG Kobol movie/mini series anything. Thats a story that never got told and while i would expect many similarities it would be an interesting story.

Cheer up Star Trek movie comes out and if it is successful then maybe they will put something back on tv.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »
I still wonder about the 150,000 years later With Caprica & Gaius discussing humanity....
OK, how did Gaius live 150,000 years?
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »
It was not Gaius, but the virtual/angle/demon Gaius 150,000 yrs later

kirbysayshi

• View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
Quote from: Ender;113527

The centurians created V'Ger from Star Trek I.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:49:56 PM by kirbysayshi »

Jangiri

• Cybran Nugget
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 06:48:55 PM »
at first when i saw the episode i was honestly disappointed of how it ended but now that i think through it more it was really the only way they could have ended it without totally screwing with the vibe. but of course thye are going to bring up the centurions in stargate Universe.
My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die

Malmer

• The Hammer speaks...
    • View Profile
Daybreak part 2 SPOILERS
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:02:43 PM »
So... we're only one jump away from a black hole! :D

Nice ending, though I'm still confused about Daniel and Felix's parts not getting clarified.