Author Topic: Mod  (Read 3512 times)

Riichard63

• View Profile
Mod
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
Do you have links of mods for beyond the red line. Mod where the galactica, pegasus and Cylon basestar are includes.

Thanks

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 08:18:57 PM »
Beyond the red line is a mod of another game called freespace.

At the moment Beyond the red line is not complete and so far only have the demo which allows you to fly vipers and raiders.

When the mod is finished it should include Pegasus, Galactica, Valkyrie, and all other ships like raptors and heavy raiders and i think the Blackbird.

Hope that helps

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 04:59:56 AM »
The final mod will include the battlestars, and baseships, but they will not be flyable ships, essentially the playable ships will be the fighters/transport-fighter (raptor/heavy raider ships.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:18:59 AM »
Wait i thought we wre gouing to be able to fly the cap ships.

thats the whole reason i've been around for the last 2+ years.

now i'm sad.

:blah:

Riichard63

• View Profile
Mod
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
Thanks I knox but I find a mod who include a battlestar. It's the archangel mod and there is just on little battlestar.

Echilles

• Drunken XO
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
Quote from: Ender;113507
Wait i thought we wre gouing to be able to fly the cap ships.

thats the whole reason i've been around for the last 2+ years.

How come you didn't know that if you've been here so long?:eek2:
I thought that it had been adressed over and over again...

Anyways, now I'm not totally sure but if you Richard didn't find the archangel mod it's here. If you already got it, then forget about this... (Also note that I don't myself have that installed so I can't guarantee that it works but there's the dl link nevertheless...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Every step that you take
Could be your biggest mistake

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
Mod
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 06:09:38 PM »
Meh...what's the point in flying capital ships?

Tikey

• View Profile
Mod
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 07:29:16 PM »
It can be really fun if done properly.
Although I've been looking for some Cap ship game like Nexus but with more sim emphasis

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 07:56:36 PM »
Nope capships had never been part of the plan, I believe at one point I remember someone saying they'd leave that up to us in the third party missions, which is just what happened with archangel.  I mean the whole point has been we're fighter pilots, you don't find starbuck driving galatica around.

you do find apollo driving pegasus around, but, well that didn't end well. so thats why viper jocks can't have nice things.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

Deckard

• eltiT resU motsuC
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 09:03:09 PM »
I do not see the point of flying capital ships neither.. or perhaps one should imagine something like flying a WWII fortress-bomber as gameplay?. You know.. switching places between "pilot", "gunners", and .. what else?.. Nah, sorry me but i do not see the point of it in BTRL... :P
-
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Tikey

• View Profile
Mod
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:55 PM »
Bridge Commander was a great game, and it's about cap ships.
Although I have to agree that to a certain point it was a hybrid of fighter cap ship combat.
Flying a cap ship isn't about maneuvering, dogfights and the like, it's a more tactical approach. That's why it's a kind of game more fitting for RTS. A shame that it isn't an exploited part of the genre, a completely focused micromanagement of just one unit instead of whole fleet.
Nexus: The Jupiter incident is the closest thing you can find and it's great fun to play.

Rogue420

• Gods Warrior
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 04:39:13 AM »
Quote from: Tikey;113551
Bridge Commander was a great game, and it's about cap ships.
Although I have to agree that to a certain point it was a hybrid of fighter cap ship combat.
Flying a cap ship isn't about maneuvering, dogfights and the like, it's a more tactical approach. That's why it's a kind of game more fitting for RTS. A shame that it isn't an exploited part of the genre, a completely focused micromanagement of just one unit instead of whole fleet.
Nexus: The Jupiter incident is the closest thing you can find and it's great fun to play.

I really like the new star trek legacy game. It's kind of like an RTS but you can fly and fight with any ship in your fleet individually too. Can't wait for the BSG and Star wars mods for that game.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 04:45:48 AM »
1.) your "fleet" is only 4 ships IIRC

2.) Bow before Klingon Academy for sheer awesomeness...

That is all...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Mod
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 02:15:10 PM »
The capital ship combat in X3 can be quiet fun!!! The sheer size and design of them, make it fun to either shoot at them with your own capital ships and fighter fleet or try ram the enemy and hope you have better shielding. The fighters are pretty cool and the graphics are not bad.

Only downside is when you jump into an enemy xenon territory and the feckers launch everything they have at you within a few seconds, leaving you to jump out of their with only half a ship left!

You can download BSG ships for it though. But the automatic firing of turrets is not the best at the moment.

Good fun though :)
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Riichard63

• View Profile
Mod
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
The archangel mod is really good