Author Topic: Let's see your rigs...  (Read 1672 times)

jediknight0

• View Profile
Let's see your rigs...
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:23 AM »
What do you play FreeSpace 2 and/or BTRL on?

Post pics of your rig.

My rig is a Star Trek Enterprise themed PC (core 2 duo e6600) with a special FreeSpace control collection I just finished.

The controls consist of a shelf with a Saitek X52 joystick screwed down so they won't move in battle, a narrow orange-LED keyboard, and a red/white LED mouse.  The trick is that I only need two cables - power for the USB hub and one USB cable to attach the hub to the computer.  When I'm done, I just disconnect the two cables and attach a regular mouse/keyboard.

Dies Irae

• Huh?
    • View Profile
Let's see your rigs...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 06:41:16 AM »
Ok

My rig is a little something I threw together in a day or two with nothing but leftovers.

(It's the one on the right)

AMD Athlon XP M  ~1.9GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick
Along with a total of five HDs.

It's not quite up to yours (not even close), but it runs BtRL as smooth as can be, and with quadrophonic sound and my molded plastic chair makes for very awesome toaster pwnage.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:44:33 AM by Dies Irae »
"It\'s strange, isn\'t it. You stand in the middle of a library and go aaaaagghhhh\' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in."

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Let's see your rigs...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
my old desktop was an old pentium 4 at 2.8 ghz with a 478 socket, 1.5 GB DDR ram and a 512MB ati 2600 HD pro running on AGP with never EVER worked correctly, i just scrapped it last month however.

i had 2 laptops one of which was an acer with 1GB DDR2 ram and 2.00 ghz AMD single core processer but it decided that the fabric of reality was no longer enough to hold it together and then it fell apart with no mistreatment of my own.

my current laptop is my only computer atm with a 2.3 ghz core 2 due, 3GB ram and an intel graphics accelerator,

i'm in the process of building a new computer which is downstairs and you can read about in my sig.

i'm aiming for 2.66GHZ intel i7 nehalem,
4GB DDR3 ram
and tri sli running gtx 285's,

Her names Icarus

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
Let's see your rigs...
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59:07 PM »
I'm still waiting for Windows 7 to debut before I build an i7 quadcore DDR3 with a 1 GB 280 GTX on an SFF board in a LAN Party SFF (Small Form Factor - Micro ATX) box with the handle on top. Currently I am still using a Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM dual SATA 500 GB on the same box I listed above with a 8800 GT 512 MB vid card. Love my HP w2207 LCD. Going with a w2508 on my next build though.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
Let's see your rigs...
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:30:08 AM »
Quote from: KewlToyZ;113405
I'm still waiting for Windows 7 to debut before I build an i7 quadcore DDR3 with a 1 GB 280 GTX on an SFF board in a LAN Party SFF (Small Form Factor - Micro ATX) box with the handle on top. Currently I am still using a Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM dual SATA 500 GB on the same box I listed above with a 8800 GT 512 MB vid card. Love my HP w2207 LCD. Going with a w2508 on my next build though.

IMO thats a pretty nice computer you;ve got already and if you put some more ram and your 280 in you'd save a bit of money and it wouldn't be that far back in performance, maybe ever spend the money saved on a 285 or a processer upgrade?