Author Topic: What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!  (Read 14704 times)

Mobius

  • The Southern Cross
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 902
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
The nebula pack is part of the MVPs now - having it is very, very easy now.

It's powerful when used to create backgrounds, really. I strongly suggest to use it. :)

Lucika

  • Mr. Syrk
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »
Okay, I'd like to hereby announce that I am back (like the Terminator :D)
Sorry for being dead but I got an incredible opportunity (someone is willing to publish my book and this is a great dealt considering my age) and it took away most of my free time. Now I am here... :)
As we've stated above, I'd be happy to release screenies but we are crying for mods :D I am planning to take another look at Cardinal Spear and see what I can dig up.

Snail

  • Massive Dickwad
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1119
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »
Try TVWP, then wait for INFASA.

Mobius

  • The Southern Cross
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 902
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »
What do you need, Lucika? :)

General Battuta

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »
Quote from: Lucika;118789
Okay, I'd like to hereby announce that I am back (like the Terminator :D)
Sorry for being dead but I got an incredible opportunity (someone is willing to publish my book and this is a great dealt considering my age) and it took away most of my free time. Now I am here... :)
As we've stated above, I'd be happy to release screenies but we are crying for mods :D I am planning to take another look at Cardinal Spear and see what I can dig up.


Be deeply, deeply suspicious. Who is this someone? I'll contact my friends in publishing and verify that they're trustworthy. There are a LOT of scams out there.

Lucika

  • Mr. Syrk
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »
Quote from: General Battuta;118796
Be deeply, deeply suspicious. Who is this someone? I'll contact my friends in publishing and verify that they're trustworthy. There are a LOT of scams out there.


I am born with a built-in distrust generator :D
And even if it fails to kick in, at least I'll have a manuscript :D

General Battuta

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »
If your manuscript was bought on spec and you don't even have an agent, odds are this is not someone you want to be published by. But yeah, at least you'll have something written.

Lucika

  • Mr. Syrk
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
Quote from: General Battuta;118826
If your manuscript was bought on spec and you don't even have an agent, odds are this is not someone you want to be published by. But yeah, at least you'll have something written.

I guess even the chance is a good thing to have at the age of 15.

General Battuta

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:48 AM »
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way that any real publishing outfit would risk money on an unwritten spec story from an unknown author.

If you are being asked to pay for any element of this process (copies of the book, whatever), you're being scammed.

Read this thoroughly

and this.

Lucika

  • Mr. Syrk
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 10:08:40 AM »
Quote from: General Battuta;118862
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way that any real publishing outfit would risk money on an unwritten spec story from an unknown author.

If you are being asked to pay for any element of this process (copies of the book, whatever), you're being scammed.

Read this thoroughly

and this.


Look, I am only doing the writing. The rest will go to my parents who are in business. And if you believe that this is such an incredibly great publisher, than you are in a mistake :) Hungary is a small place :D
But still, I'll just write and will see how deep that rabbit hole is.

ShadowGorrath

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 187
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »
What's left to be done?
DEFCON FreeSpace Dev

dragonsniper

  • Nuking a Sathana\'s
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 398
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:04 PM »
On the project, or his writing?

Lucika

  • Mr. Syrk
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 194
    • View Profile
What is Syrk project?! Quick brief and "ask us" thread!
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:12 PM »
Quote from: dragonsniper;123206
On the project, or his writing?

I guess the project :D Place your bets!