Author Topic: Still alive and well  (Read 1760 times)

Blackrazor

• View Profile
Still alive and well
« on: January 18, 2009, 07:28:06 AM »
the project is still alive and well and the team was working on crossfire 1.8 and now that its complete things will move forward in this project .me personal dont know how far they have been since the last 6 months i been in and out of the hospital due to medicail issues .I will try to get a update to you all in time

BR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I live my life fighting for a cause bigger them myself!!

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Still alive and well
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:44:25 AM »
Welcome back. There was a lot of interest in this project and it did seem like a pity if it was dead.

starlord

• View Profile
Still alive and well
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »
Thanks for updating.

Tell me, as you're a starlancer veteran no doubt I've been woundering about this: after playing the game again, I've noticed that all coalition ships displayed in the ETAC have been downed in my tour of duty, save the Kresta. Do you actually encounter that bugger ingame?

shiv

• Earth Defense dude :)
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
Still alive and well
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:06:29 PM »
I thought you're dead mod.
Good to see you're still around with us :yes:
"Moonred - Hates shivan ships, but is fucking awesome at making them...."
qazwsx

" SF Kobrar_PL
It fires dildo missiles"

Blackrazor

• View Profile
Still alive and well
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
not sure which mission but yes you to encounter all the ships in the etac ill see my mission briefings and tell you when i have a chance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I live my life fighting for a cause bigger them myself!!

MatthewPapa

• GWBB Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/
Still alive and well
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21:15 PM »
Excellent! Cant wait to see this!

starlord

• View Profile
Still alive and well
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
It's one of the cyclon cruisers, should this help you. Also I do have a question regarding a few aces that appear in starlancer, especially al rahan.

Kiwi

• Crusty Old Curmudgeon
    • View Profile
Ringing in with an Attaboy!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45:24 PM »
While I am certain it will be too new to me to be able to recognize the made-over game versus the original, the idea that two games as old as Freespace I/II and Starlancer still have adherents today is really encouraging to me.  Ten years ago, I was so busy working, and had such a hectic home situation, that I hardly knew what games were coming and going that I was missing.  

That kind of schedule wound down slowly until about five years ago, when I suddenly had both more time than I could fill, and less cash with which to invest in my hobbies / interests.  eBay was my relief from the cash-short part, and tax abatements based on age helped reduce the financial burden.  

Within in past few days, I assembled an older model PC system to run (mostly) with Windows98se, and installed Starlancer yesterday, but I have both of the Freespaces, and Freelancer, on the shelf as well.  I was waiting until my sound processor was better before I played, though.  The AWE64 that I had ten years ago sounds way too scratchy, so I have another, from an eBay seller again, to see if that helps.  

It's built around an Asus P5A with a K6-2/350, 384 MBs of PC-100 RAM, a Geforce2 GTS 32 MB video card, the AWE64, and a 40 GB Seagate Hdd jumpered to show up in the BIOS as 32 GBs.  I put it all inside of a very tall, somewhat skinny, tower case with a pedestal base that reminded me of the IBM PS/2 Model 80 cases from 1987.

(Like many of the old tower cases, it's is mostly empty inside, has only three 5 1/4" bays, and two 3 1/2" Hdd bays, so it would be top-heavy as can be, were it not for the base section.)  

Does that make me a gamer, or a hardware nut, or a little of each?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:50:55 PM by Kiwi »
Kiwi

*  :biggrin1:  *