Author Topic: How do I install Inferno R1  (Read 5558 times)

snipester89

• -IoN-
    • View Profile
How do I install Inferno R1
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:13:10 AM »
Can someone explain to me how to install the FS2 Mod InfernoR1? I cannot find any help or guide online and don't want to screw anything up with my game. Thanks.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »
First of all we need to know if you're using Retail FS2 or FS Open, there are two separate ways to install the mod. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:52:56 PM by Mobius »

snipester89

• -IoN-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:18:33 PM »
I'm using FS2 Open with Launcher 5.5a, Media VP 3.6.10r

*EDIT* I found the readme file, did everything it told me to, got the mod to work but now the problem is that when I load the Inferno Campaign it tells me that 6 ship classes are missing, if I press continue, I go to the briefing room and find out the only ship I can use it the Ulysses class fighter with hornet missiles and a Subach HL-11 .
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 09:23:40 PM by snipester89 »

Fisk

• _
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
hen I load the Inferno Campaign it tells me that 6 ship classes are missing, if I press continue, I go to the briefing room and find out the only ship I can use it the Ulysses class fighter with hornet missiles and a Subach HL-11 .

You've done something wrong, as in either you're missing something or you're using unrelated mods with Inferno. Could you again run the debug build and post your fs2_open.log?
lulz

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:18:30 AM »
Actually I suspect the problem is simply that he hasn't gone to the campaign room and selected the Inferno Campaign. As a result it's trying to play the FS2 one using Inferno data.

snipester89 : Simply go to the campaign room and you should see more than one campaign listed. My bet is that Freespace 2 is the one currently selected.

shiv

• Earth Defense dude :)
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freespace.pl
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:25:38 PM »
Ah, and if you want you might try using Shadow's patch that makes better graphics even for R1 :)
"Moonred - Hates shivan ships, but is fucking awesome at making them...."
qazwsx

" SF Kobrar_PL
It fires dildo missiles"

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »
Hey, don't worry about him. Me and ShadowGorrath helped him out via MSN 2-3 days ago.

He was simply using S:AH table settings to play INFR1, that's what caused the problem.