Author Topic: Uncyclopedia  (Read 4646 times)

ratmuffin

• View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:20:57 AM »
Not only is this a good website for killing time (and probably brain cells) but I found mention of Shadows of Lylat and Kursed on their Star Fox page. Haven't seen any reference to it as yet on these forums so thought I might share the link :)

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Fox

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:58:01 PM »
That place is fail incarnate O-o

It's like... the opposite of Wiki Nazis go there... holy hell... O_o
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TobesSwordWielder
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:20:42 AM »

I never want to see "Unencyclopedia" and "good" in the same sentence, unless there's a "not" between them. Thank you, have a nice day. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:00:02 AM by Devestator »
Time for a real sig...There.

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 01:00:41 AM »
Quote from: Star Yoshi;108614

There's nothing fail about it. It's there to poke fun at everything in the form of a wiki. I find it ingenious.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »
Quote from: Syphe D. Mar;108620
There's nothing fail about it. It's there to poke fun at everything in the form of a wiki. I find it ingenious.

Granted it is genius... but my brain is kinda taking in all the info at a rather shit-outta-igloo pace =)
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TobesSwordWielder
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »
I concur...

There's a fine line between poking fun at something and pure insanity...I think that site just crossed it.:nervous:

However, I feel I was a bit too harsh in my opening statement, and I apologize for that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 08:53:03 PM by Devestator »
Time for a real sig...There.

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »
I've always found Uncyclopedia bland and juvenile(er) than EncyclopediaDramatica.
Facilitator of Understanding

Mr. Harold Saxon

• Insane
    • View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:51:47 AM »
How to make an ED site - Insert banner ads here (Go visit Party Poker.com NOW dammit!!!), put Schmuck ads there (Click the monkey to win $5,000,000,000.00!!!), make a chat box pop-up at the bottom to try to seduce lonely individuals, add lots of bright flashing lights and, if there's any room, maybe we'll say something funny.

How to make an Uncyclopedia site
- Find out what Jon Stewart or Family Guy said about this topic. Copy and paste that and insert bad photoshop pictures ad nauseum. If there's room, post a small ad in the corner of the page for some game you are already psyched for playing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:05:49 AM by Mr. Harold Saxon »
Everything seems to make more sense if Doctor Who is involved...

ratmuffin

• View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 02:43:50 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Harold Saxon;108663
If there's room, post a small ad in the corner of the page for some game you are already psyched for playing.

Haha, very good. I agree, there is a lot of rubbish on that site (and that is quite possibly an understatement) but there are some decent, clever gems amongst the grime. That's my opinion of it anyway. You are more than welcome to share your own.

ArwingT

• View Profile
Uncyclopedia
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »
Quote from: Star Yoshi;108614

I agree just the same, if not more. It has some bad words, is extremely inaccurate, etc. If you look at it from my view (from my chair, lol), you'll find the truth!
I predict, that dogs will rule the world. My cartoon, "Doggy Life", is a funny cartoon on which Dogs have dominated the world.

Okay, they look innocent. It may seen that the dogs live with humans in peace, but dogs are mostly seen. And even though all dogs look innocent, they are really the overlords of the world that I have created for them. :lol:
Darry: Okay, enough! Please stop embarrassing us in front of all these people! :hoppingma
See what I mean, people?
Darry: :mad: (eats ArwingT)
Okay, they\'re innocent. Now can you let me out, Darry Dachshund?
Darry: No. :no: