Author Topic: Does anyone else make Starfox stuff?  (Read 139389 times)

Coyote Squadron

• Coyote one
    • View Profile
Does anyone else make Starfox stuff?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 02:56:26 AM »
Thanks. I think I'll give it a try.
En Taro Adun  

Stop by and see me at my Deviant Art page.:hoppingma Or bad things might happen. http://coyote-squadron.deviantart.com/

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TobesSwordWielder
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 08:31:49 PM »
http://www.nintendopapercraft.com/labels/Star%20Fox.html

I havn't gotten around to doing these yet, but it's on the to-do list. ;)
Time for a real sig...There.

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 08:22:19 PM »
i gotta buy hard paper to do some of those sometime
the good ol' landmaster looks as if it was in-game.
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Scourge of Ages

• Professional lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 03:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Coyote Squadron;107636
When I get bored I like to make stuff. And since I became a Starfox fan I tend to make Starfox related stuff like this Arwing made out of clay. :)

I know. It's not painted but I may get around to that someday.

Anyway. One day I got REALLY bored and made this banner out of yarn.

And in about 2 weeks when I finish my backyard foundry I'm going to make a belt buckle like the one Fox wears in SSBB.

So I was wondering. Does anyone else do stuff like this or am I just an over obsessed Starfox fan? :nod:

So, I read the whole thread and I still couldn't stop hearing "BACKYARD FOUNDRY"!!! That is fairly awesome.

I once started a Phantasy Star Online fanfic, but didn't get very far. It does keep growing in my head, but I'm terribly lazy which is a problem when I'm trying to do stuff. :)
But yeah, looking at the sheer volume of StarFox fic out there boggles my mind as it is, and I don't know the lore well enough to add to the pile myself.

Always on the side of creativity though, so good work all, no matter how good it actually is :yes:.
Come on you guys, join Hard-Light.net there\'s more awesome Freespace mods than you can shake a stick at!

Prototype

• Lulzer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages;108645
Always on the side of creativity though, so good work all, no matter how good it actually is :yes:.

On what merits would copying an already made scene be creative?  If the ability to copy something else constitutes creativity, then this printer next to me is of the most creative things in the world.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say that copying another's art is not art, I'm merely trying to raise the point that direct copy is not creative.  Neither am I trying to downplay people's copied images, by all means, copying is a good artistic exercise.  When done in an observant manner, it can help one advance their own art in several ways.  And to some minor degree, all art, aside from from non-objective art, is a copy of something else, be it nature, architecture, or other objects in our universe.

If I were to have one thing come across with this post, it would be that if creativity is the goal, than you to move from copying other's art to implementing what you have learned.  Realize that copying is just a step that you use to create something better.  Sure, go do however many copied poses of Fox as you want, then find some environment art and learn how it creates the scene, then put the two together in your own original piece.

This isn't the best way to learn art, but it is a beginner's step, and a more fun one at that.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:49:32 PM by Prototype »
Facilitator of Understanding

ratmuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 02:38:27 AM »
Agreed. I don't want to burn you, because all in all it is quite a good sketch that would take me quite some time to replicate myself. While it still can be deemed 'art', it can't be labeled 'creative'.

Creativity requires Originality. Creativity requires you to Create! Now go forth and get your 'art' on!!

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 01:44:19 AM »
This might not fight under this heading, but I feel it's close enough. :P

Boredom Strikes Again...

Coyote Squadron

• Coyote one
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 03:45:57 AM »
I finally have all of the materials to I need to make a belt buckle (plaster of Paris and wax). Now all I have to do is make the mold, let it dry, melt the metal and pour. YAY:D
En Taro Adun  

Stop by and see me at my Deviant Art page.:hoppingma Or bad things might happen. http://coyote-squadron.deviantart.com/

Falco314

• That guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
Quote from: Devestator;108707

Boredom Strikes Again...

lol...
I see a little silhouette of a bot
Scaramouch, scaramouch, will you get out of this forum?
spamming and Advertising, very, very frightening me
Moderator, Moderator
WILL YOU BAN HIM PLEASE?

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
I've recently translated one of my fiction. Well, the only thing linking it to StarFox is my character, roaming in another world, but well... I'm still kinda proud of it. XD
http://teamstarfox.darkbb.com/fan-fictions-f15/flesh-and-blood-t12.htm
If you decide to read it, don't be too harsh on the grammar and stuff, I had a hard time translating, and I don't know if there are some mistakes left... :biggrin1:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

ArwingT

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:12 AM »
Well, I've made a fanfiction called "Star Fox meets Star Wars", a crossover between Star Fox and Star Wars. It's on fanfiction.net.
By the Way...
Quote from: Devestator;108707

Boredom Strikes Again...

Really convincing, except for the fact that IT'S YOUR OWN IDEA!
But still, I like it. Star Fox Armaggedon? Cool!
Tim the Dog? A corrupt General? Cool!
Amontillado? ....not as much.
But still...
Huh? When I look at it, it says on the news that DaBrain and Axem are (reads more) BANNED FROM PURCHASING NINTENDO PRODUCTS?!?!? WHO'S THE WISE GUY?!?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 04:19:30 AM by ArwingT »
I predict, that dogs will rule the world. My cartoon, "Doggy Life", is a funny cartoon on which Dogs have dominated the world.

Okay, they look innocent. It may seen that the dogs live with humans in peace, but dogs are mostly seen. And even though all dogs look innocent, they are really the overlords of the world that I have created for them. :lol:
Darry: Okay, enough! Please stop embarrassing us in front of all these people! :hoppingma
See what I mean, people?
Darry: :mad: (eats ArwingT)
Okay, they\'re innocent. Now can you let me out, Darry Dachshund?
Darry: No. :no:

Coyote Squadron

• Coyote one
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 04:50:19 AM »
Quote from: Scourge of Ages
So, I read the whole thread and I still couldn't stop hearing "BACKYARD FOUNDRY"!!! That is fairly awesome.

I actually made the foundry just to be able to  make Starfox stuff. That, and I had nothing better to do.
En Taro Adun  

Devestator

• Just A Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 05:28:21 PM »
Quote from: ArwingT;108736
Amontillado? ....not as much.

Meh, I couldnt think of a good planet, so I made a play off the planet MacBeth. The Cask of Amontillado was a short story by Edgar Alen Poe.

Still think I had the most fun making the Other News section. :lol:

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Devestator;108749
Meh, I couldnt think of a good planet, so I made a play off the planet MacBeth. The Cask of Amontillado was a short story by Edgar Alen Poe.

Still think I had the most fun making the Other News section. :lol:

Planet Amontillado?

C'mon man, be original -_-

Rutana? Caphis? C'mon, I can keep going all night long.

ALSO: While not exactly STARFOX, my art site at http://staryoshi.deviantart.com has anthro art that is composed of StarFox pieces. My main picture is the newest one. What do you guys think?
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Mr. Harold Saxon

• Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »
Oddly enough, Rutana is a town in southern Burundi, Africa. It lies west of Mount Kikizi, the highest mountain in the nation. The Kagera Falls lie near the town. It is the capital of Rutana Province, one of the 17 provinces of Burundi.

Rutana is also an Arabic term commonly applied to many of Sudan's many non-Arabic vernacular languages, notably including Nubian.

And Caphis is a medical research website that is run by the Medical Library Association, an association of health information professionals with more than 5,000 individual and institution members.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:39:05 PM by Mr. Harold Saxon »
Everything seems to make more sense if Doctor Who is involved...