Author Topic: Active?  (Read 6511 times)

LOA--JK47

• Colonol Dekkers real name
    • View Profile
Active?
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:11:38 PM »
Active, or not active...That, is the question........
Busy busy busy, no time to talk, i\'m hitting the bricks and i\'m taking a walk.........

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
Active?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
Colonel or Colonol, that is another question... ;)

I'm pretty interested on this project...the screenies were so good...any news? :(

starlord

• View Profile
Active?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
Oh, please don't tell me this is dead...

I have great hopes for this one...

starlord

• View Profile
Active?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
They are not dead at all: I got this from the staff:

Yes the game is still alive but the development is partly on hold due to another big project we want to finish first. The project we are currently working on is a Freelancer mod which is partly based on Starlancer.

Many elements of that mod will be used for the Starlancer game as both use the same ship models. So its more a kind of shared development of the Starlancer game and the Freelancer mod.

We managed to increase the texture detail of those ships and their final look which will be of great benifit for the Starlancer game.

But like I already said the release of the Freelancer mod has highest priority at the moment and hopefully will be done within the next 2 months. Then the work on the Starlancer game will restart with the resources from the Freelancer mod. I guess this will speed up the development of this new game.

In short, excellent news. The only thing I'll probably wish for at the moment would be to have news on that guy trying a halo space combat conversion. This was a very good plan too. Hopefully it'll turn up again one day.

Mobius

• The Southern Cross
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hard-light.net
Active?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
Very nice - the devs are basically working on two projects which use the same models....very, very nice... :)

starlord

• View Profile
Active?
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:49:50 PM »
I strongly suspect the freelancer MOD in question to be the famed "crossfire"!