Author Topic: Getting the OS X version  (Read 1461 times)

General Battuta

• View Profile
Getting the OS X version
« on: August 05, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
Hello!

I'm currently on a connection that drops at intermittent (ten or twenty-minute) intervals. Any downloads have to be resumed using Firefox 3's download manager.

Unfortunately, the two sources for the OS X version of BtRL make this rather difficult. One (the direct download) is on a website that does not permit downloads to be resumed. The other is a torrent, and it appears that some necessary ports are blocked (and unfortunately I don't own the connection so I probably can't unblock them) or that no one is seeding the OS X version anymore.

I was wondering if there was any other way to get the BtRL Mac version. Perhaps an upload to FreespaceMods or something like that?

If it's too much trouble, that's fine. I can just wait until I'm on another connection.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Looks as if I may have the torrent working, though very slowly. I'll see how it goes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:23:52 PM by General Battuta »

Echelon9

• View Profile
Getting the OS X version
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »
Quote from: General Battuta;105481
Hello!
The other is a torrent, and it appears that some necessary ports are blocked (and unfortunately I don't own the connection so I probably can't unblock them) or that no one is seeding the OS X version anymore.

EDIT: Looks as if I may have the torrent working, though very slowly. I'll see how it goes.

I'm currently seeding the Mac OS X torrent. Remember to download and run the autopatch after installing, as the patch to the demo fixes a great many Mac specific bugs.

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5931

General Battuta

• View Profile
Getting the OS X version
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
Grr. I'm now getting a 'codec overflow' error every time I try to mount the disc image.

I wonder if this connection has a router or firewall that might have covertly discarded some packets?

Thanks for the seed, though! Went quick.