Author Topic: starfox project for psp  (Read 8872 times)

narutogod22

• View Profile
starfox project for psp
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
yea whats going on (typing on psp plz excuse grammar) im designing a star fox game for psp called lyat wars: two stories its basically telling the events in starfox64 through until SF adventures you can play as either star fox or star wolf im working on arwing and wolfen models now but i need a good app that will make them 3d. im confused on what engine to use. the game will mostly be rails but a few huge dog fights (like katina64 but bigger) the graphics arent going to be super but theyll be good.

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
ok
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

narutogod22

• View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
there is going to be 6  confirmed vehicles but hopefully 8 there is the SNES arwing,64 arwing,assault arwing,wolfen,wolfen II(maybe)assault wolfen,landmaster and blue marine (probably not).
There is 3 diffulcuties(?) normal hard and insane.
weapons for arwings are twin/hyper lasers, nova bombs and anew one called pulse laser (upgraded charge shot will explain more later)
Now for wolfens twin/hyper lasers homing missles and pulse laser.

Fox's_Feather

• StarFox Fan
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
ok˛
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:01:32 AM »
So a clone of SF64 with Adventures stuff added on, with new weapons, so how will this take StarFox to the next level at all? Your just taking existing material and just side-grading it. But, THANK YOU for calling them Nova Bombs. Not just Bombs. Like, here I am in my Awing, these... machine-things fly at me, and I drop a cherry bomb? It's still a bomb I'm dropping, but a crap one. a NOVA Bomb, however, Nova meaing sun explosion, meaning big, effective boom. Now, back to main topic, sure I'm happy to see that Starfox is making it off the Nintendo line of stuff, but this doesn't sound that good.
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 02:06:30 AM »
Okł
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Star Yoshi

• Patron to the Stars
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:07:44 AM »
Hang on, what's the legalities of taking SF64 and turning it into a PSP game without their overall knowledge of it? Are you going to mass-produce it or open it up to people, or is it just for you.

If it's just for you, fine. But doing it on a bigger scale is in a grey zone... might want to look into the legalities as you work on it.
StarFox and Myst Artwork by me
http://staryoshi.deviantart.com

"Train as if you are going to live forever; live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

Learn how to get Steam games for free.

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
starfox project for psp
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »
Hey not only the legal problems you would have but really how many Nintendo games are there for the PSP? I am not sure were you guys get these ideas but either you would have to do it officially or do it homebrew style and I don't see either happening here anytime soon.

If you really really want that why don't you just get a emulation of StarFox 64 on your PSP? Instead of trying to get a Freespace group to work on rebuilding it?

I like that clone SF64 and add stuff from SFA... you make to sound so simple... hey maybe you should see how hard it is to clone a sheep first then you can use that term better.

Now lets see how crazy this sounds, "Lets clone a sheep and add horse DNA into it! Yeah! so we can have giant fluffy sheep we can ride like horses!" Okay... thats what you are sounding like but talking about Star Fox.

Go play your Smash Brothers on your PSP and be happy that you haven't bricked your PSP or made Jesus bring down dooms day early because you are playing Nintendo Games on Sony Products.

Added note: Why are there two posts about this topic? Stop making topics that are about making any Star Fox stuff on PSP... please.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:46:30 PM by Brockenstein »

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 07:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Brockenstein;103871
If you really really want that why don't you just get a emulation of StarFox 64 on your PSP? Instead of trying to get a Freespace group to work on rebuilding it?
I think he's trying to say that he wants to work on it himself. Still, we won't ever see his project.

I like that clone SF64 and add stuff from SFA... you make to sound so simple... hey maybe you should see how hard it is to clone a sheep first then you can use that term better.
There was no mention of him putting SFA and SF64 together. But I bet most of us can agree with this.

Go play your Smash Brothers on your PSP and be happy that you haven't bricked your PSP or made Jesus bring down dooms day early because you are playing Nintendo Games on Sony Products.
This comment was unnecessary and the only one I can't agree with. Although I haven't gotten any emulators for the PSP, creating a Star Fox for Windows is no different than creating one for the PSP.

Also, this thread has been dead since the first post. Although it's probably gonna be bumped, we can stop posting here and move on with our lives. Thank you.
Your signatures are annoying. Remove the pictures because nobody really pays attention to them. Anyone with enough sense will block them. Thank you for your time.

Brockenstein

• Of Danub!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://darkcosmos.external-logistics.com/
starfox project for psp
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:06:26 PM »
Quote from: Syphe D. Mar;103872
There was no mention of him putting SFA and SF64 together. But I bet most of us can agree with this.

Quote from: Jesse TV;103824
So a clone of SF64 with Adventures stuff added on, with new weapons, so how will this take StarFox to the next level at all

Sorry Star Fox Adventures or Star Fox Assault I just didn't want to type it all out.

Quote from: Brockenstein;103871

This comment was unnecessary and the only one I can't agree with. Although I haven't gotten any emulators for the PSP, creating a Star Fox for Windows is no different than creating one for the PSP.

Unnecessary maybe but unwarranted I think not. After all if you read the first part I was talking about bricking your PSP. The reason I didn't get into the PSP homebrew is because of bricking a PSP. So that was my main point. The rest was just a joke after all it was either that or it was going to be about killing kittens which atm is being over used. The difference between making a mod of a game or making a game itself on a PC Windows Linux Mac or otherwise and emulating or making a game on PSP is that you have to hack the PSPs firmware and possible kill destroy your hardware from working. Thats why I personally don't think its worth it especially when you can just get the game emulated on your Wii and not go through all that trouble.

Also, this thread has been dead since the first post. Although it's probably gonna be bumped, we can stop posting here and move on with our lives. Thank you.

Your welcome but no one bumped a dead topic though. See there is a similar thread to this one dead from a week ago and I was out of town when all that happened so I thought I would post my thoughts about all of it in general now since this is a new topic. I have no reason atm to post about it anymore but I would love to know why narutogod22 posted again. I mean really there must of been some development in a weeks time from that last time this topci was pretty much brought up. Its changed from emulating SoL on the PSP to emulating SF64 but the idea is the same. So maybe he has learned a new and fancy way to do that?! I would love to hear his thoughts on how to accomplish that since the first topic was asking if SoLs emulation and as you pointed out this his is own project.

I think he's trying to say that he wants to work on it himself. Still, we won't ever see his project.

I think thats kinda rude though after all it could be a project in the near future you'd see. I don't know but like I said I would love to hear narutogod22 thoughts on actually accomplishing this task and see how serious narutogod22 is.

It will die if its nothing but it could be something so I await to see if narutogod22 actually is serious.

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
starfox project for psp
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »
Quote from: narutogod22;103765
yea whats going on (typing on psp plz excuse grammar) im designing a star fox game for psp called lyat wars: two stories its basically telling the events in starfox64 through until SF adventures you can play as either star fox or star wolf im working on arwing and wolfen models now but i need a good app that will make them 3d. im confused on what engine to use. the game will mostly be rails but a few huge dog fights (like katina64 but bigger) the graphics arent going to be super but theyll be good.

I don't think that's a good idea...

A nintendo game on the PSP. I think that's a bit over the line.
Making a game on PSP homebrew is probably more complex than making it for PC.

SoL is for PC, plus we didn't even write the engine for it, plus (again), the SCP team helped us with some features. And it's still a lot of work.
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Syphe D. Mar

• Disappointed
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »
Quote from: Brockenstein;103877

Unnecessary maybe but unwarranted I think not. After all if you read the first part I was talking about bricking your PSP. The reason I didn't get into the PSP homebrew is because of bricking a PSP. So that was my main point. The rest was just a joke after all it was either that or it was going to be about killing kittens which atm is being over used. The difference between making a mod of a game or making a game itself on a PC Windows Linux Mac or otherwise and emulating or making a game on PSP is that you have to hack the PSPs firmware and possible kill destroy your hardware from working. Thats why I personally don't think its worth it especially when you can just get the game emulated on your Wii and not go through all that trouble.
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought you implied that you were one of those Sony haters that hate Sony after the PS3's pricing was unveiled. I assumed because you had "Nintendo Games" and "Sony Products" in the same sentence with an apparently negative connotation.

Your welcome but no one bumped a dead topic though. See there is a similar thread to this one dead from a week ago and I was out of town when all that happened so I thought I would post my thoughts about all of it in general now since this is a new topic. I have no reason atm to post about it anymore but I would love to know why narutogod22 posted again. I mean really there must of been some development in a weeks time from that last time this topci was pretty much brought up. Its changed from emulating SoL on the PSP to emulating SF64 but the idea is the same. So maybe he has learned a new and fancy way to do that?! I would love to hear his thoughts on how to accomplish that since the first topic was asking if SoLs emulation and as you pointed out this his is own project.
When I said it was dead, I meant that it (presumably) won't go anywhere. I doubt that he has learned any new techniques as well. I never imagined there was anything serious and thought of it merely as a fan's wishful thinking without having tried to attempt hacking the PSP. I may be wrong, and if that is the case, I apologize.

I think thats kinda rude though after all it could be a project in the near future you'd see. I don't know but like I said I would love to hear narutogod22 thoughts on actually accomplishing this task and see how serious narutogod22 is.

It will die if its nothing but it could be something so I await to see if narutogod22 actually is serious.
Sorry if I sounded rude, although that was not meant to be the case. I'd love to see it happen as well, but I am pretty sure it won't happen anytime soon. The possibility is there, but for this, I have my doubts. And I believe that we won't see anything come to fruition from this thread at all. But again, I apologize if it sounded rude.

DaBrain

• Dude with micro shadows
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.game-warden.com/starfox
starfox project for psp
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:18:12 PM »
Quote from: Syphe D. Mar;103962
Sorry if I sounded rude, although that was not meant to be the case. I'd love to see it happen as well, but I am pretty sure it won't happen anytime soon. The possibility is there, but for this, I have my doubts. And I believe that we won't see anything come to fruition from this thread at all. But again, I apologize if it sounded rude.

Actually, I don't even see a possibility for it.

A game with such a degree of complexety would require a skilled team, with prior PSP development experience.
And making it on homebrew certainliy makes it a lot more complex.

While I'd say a 2d shooter would be still possible, I don't see it happening in 3D.

Look at this:
http://www.moddb.com/games?filter=t&=Search&kw=&released=def&style=def&theme=def&indie=2&type=def
(PSP, search for indie games. You'll find three...)

Three games... only one of them seems to already run on the PSP and it looks like Doom.
It's still very impressive, but that's the level of graphics we talk about here.

However, something like Microsoft's XBLA would be pretty nice for the DS and the PSP.
A level editor for a StarFox game would also be a nice start. (+Online sharing)
Watch your shadow
-------------------
"the more i look at the shots the more i\'m becomming a..starfox fan :nod:"
-Dodger-

"Laziness is the first step to efficiency."
-DaBrain-

Official Q-Games fan

Jesse TV

• Patient like a Time Bomb.
    • View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 01:08:07 AM »
Actually, wait a few months, and buy a Pandora, a handheld game/PDA/mini-laptop designed specifcally for homebrew. Try it out on that. But, what would be nice, actually, a 2-D over-heads shooter with like a million weapons, like RAIDEN, or 1942. Those were goooooooood...
We\'re still flying.
 That\'s not much.
 It\'s enough.

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

muskydragon

• View Profile
starfox project for psp
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Another Great Small game I loved Steel Savior - worth the money too.
http://www.steelsaviour.com/
For you guys waiting on Shadows of Lylat - highly suggest you play this.