Author Topic: Windows Crash and Audio  (Read 1093 times)

Chivas Whiskey

• View Profile
Windows Crash and Audio
« on: June 20, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
Hey, great game here, I'd like to voice my apperciation for all the hard work you guys have put in, it really shows in the way the game plays. And how great it looks. I'm just having a little issue with my set up. Everytime I try to play the first mission it crashes at the point where I destroy Echo 1. Also I'm having some issues with audio, the voices are skipping a bit. What have I done wrong that might be causing these problems? I'm playing the game at medium detail right now.

karajorma

• He is watching YOU
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Windows Crash and Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »
What are your system specs?

Chivas Whiskey

• View Profile
Windows Crash and Audio
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
Umm, I'm really an incredible noob at computer games at all, how would I check my system specs?

VPR

• View Profile
    • http://www.vprnet.co.uk/
Windows Crash and Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »
Right click My Computer on your Desktop or Start Menu, select Properties > General Tab and this will give you your CPU, memory size and your Windows version.

Next right click on My Computer again and select Manage then go to Device Manager and expand Display Adaptors to see your graphics card and Sound, video and game devices and you should see your sound card in there. You also need to go to their properties (right click on the device icon) and tell us their driver version.

You should have an icon in the system tray (next to your clock) for your graphics card which will give you the same information for your graphics card.

Chivas Whiskey

• View Profile
Windows Crash and Audio
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »
Thanks, my system info is:

Dell Dimension DIM 3000
Intel(R)
Pentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz

2.79 GHz, 512 MBs of RAM

Graphics card is an

Intel (R) 82856G Graphics Controller

The driver version is: 6.14.10.4396

I'm not that worried about the sound, its mostly cleared itself up now.