Author Topic: Frustration is Kicking in.  (Read 6183 times)

jc4jc

• View Profile
Frustration is Kicking in.
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:34 AM »
Well I see that in my absence due to Finals, Graduating, and what not that Star Dragon continues his fine hunt for models. I was looking over some of the models I have been working on (checks the fresh convertion attempt on the new 304 model) and noticed that in order to have a demo of anykind started we will need things other than fancy pancy models.

I have posted several times what we are in need of and a lack of interest in the mod is the only real reason that things are going so slowly. At this point I only know of mayhap 2-3 people who are even actively working on anything for this mod, and one of them is me. I know I haven't posted a great deal and it seems like I have been breaking a good deal of promises lately but the btrl mod has at least 10x the number of people we have... at the very least.

I am trying to work on several aspects of the mod at once and it is draging because I'm one person. I have a large list of things that need to be done to just one small area of the mod and its not a strong point for me...

Sorry for the rambleing but I have had several people ask me when the mod will be done and at the rate it is going now I'm going to have to say a very long time, another year or so at our current rate. I have had an influx of people come on at any given time and say they want to help only to not hear from them when I do give them something.

Most of the people I get responce to staff posts want to beta test or voice act and I haven't even had time to write a basic script for even one of the main missions, which I have yet again had to revise. I will post another general list of the kind of people we need in .

I just checked the converstion again looks like it may work.
There is an appointed time for everything...
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down ad a time to build up...
A Time For War and A Time For Peace.
                                   Eccl. 3:1a, 3, 8b

I say let us strive towards PEACE.
                                    JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)
JC 4(For) J(esus) C(hrist)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »
I know how this is going to sound JC, but try to hang in there... I've gone through this twice as long and go through the same cycles of progress and frustration.

Don't let "broken promises" get to you... Remember, the point of this (like any mod) is for YOUR enjoyment. We all need to get away when things seem to go nowhere for as long as it takes to take care of business and then when the opportunity for momentum appears we are clear headed and right minded to take advantage of it and get back into the happy groove.

If other people don't like it, they know exactly what to do about it... Help, or get out of the way, cause we don't have time for bitching...

:)
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 01:05:21 AM »
Thanks Star you don't know how much that means to me

JC4JC

Advanced Weapons modder, and Fred2er, TBL modder (mostly ships and weapons). Baisc-Intermediate Ship modder. Intermediate Ani modder. Basic (not that good) Texture modder.

Stargate: SG-1 Earth\'s Defence. A TC for FS2. Project Lead. Formerly At VWBB and HLP, now residing at Game-Warden.

The Apocalypse Project. A Homeworld, Homeworld:Catcalysm, Homeworld 2 TC for FS2. Lead Freder. (No longer in Production)

BoggyB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
Remember that you have a lot of quiet supporters too, I can't imagine that I'm the only person to stumble upon this mod and thought it was cool without saying anything (Well, until now, that is. :P )

I've looked at a lot of other FS2 conversions and this is the only one that really appeals to me on more than a "I guess I'll try it out." level.

But, all in all, you have to do what you want, this is your project and you don't owe anyone anything. So you shouldn't feel obligated to do anything against your will.

If things are getting too frustrating, take a break, leave it be for a while and come back to it when you feel more inspired.

Take it easy.

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
One of the main reasons is that 3d talent for this sort of thing is pretty clickish. Occasionally you might have crossover or get permission from another group to supplement your ship roster, but ideally you want people on board who understand the game the meshes are to work in.

In regards to FS2, everyone and their mother (not literally, just poking fun) has their "Dream Campaign" or a TC idea. Unfortunately 99% of them never even get as far as we have in our respective goals.

The modeling talent either is busy with their own things or latched onto other projects. Most of the time they keep on plugging and hang in to work on them but you get stragglers and those who end up just falling out.

This happens on individual basis or even at time whole projects. :(

Hang tuff, stay true to your goals, and always look for opportunity. We work on NO ONE's timetable! Those who can DO , those who can't BITCH!

I try not to bitch, whine a little sure, but we all do that on occasion! :)
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

jc4jc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Thanks All!

JC4JC

Cordfoepe

• View Profile
Frustration is Kickin
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
Interestingly enough, in PO in CC return and frustration will always have 102 bp unless you have both on the same set.

What I would recommend is something like this, where if you add frustration or return it will set the happiness automatically. Its how I would do it anyway.

Have a nice day.