Author Topic: Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS  (Read 18941 times)

Malcolm_Sevargam

• Callsign: Salvo
    • View Profile
Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 05:22:12 PM »
Quote from: Werthead;102890

There's some confusion at the moment as apparently the Sci-Fi Channel are considering expanding the two-part finale to three hours. They'll have to make that call soon as they're shooting the second half of the finale next week, so if they want to go to a third ep they'll have to whack it onto the following and week and have the writers flesh out the script between now and then.

Wait are you talking about the mid season finale or the series one?
"Damn fraking toasters... Even with all that fancy technology they still managed to burn my toast." -Malcolm "Salvo" Sevargam[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 06:04:53 PM »
The series one ;) If they were shooting the mid-season finale until next week, they could hardly screen it in the USA tomorrow. And the mid-season finale is only a one-hour episode.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
from what i read earlier, the series finale is currently being filmed. but i guess if the writers could come up with another hours content and can fit it in, then its possible i guess. Adding another hours worth of scenes could be tricky, i know the writers for BSG are good, but is anyone THAT good?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
Season 4 Episode 10 Spoilers and further discussion of series
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »
Greetings to all :)

Since there are issues over spoilers vs speculation. :nervous:
This thread can include all discussion with spoilers and speculation without the use of spoiler tags.

To those lucky people who will view the episode first tomorrow, i cant wait to hear your reports on the episode, and what happens!!!!

Will all be revealed???????????????????
Do they find Earth? Is it wrecked?
Who dies?
What ship gets blown up?
Does anyone want to go for a pint?
How can RDM leave us waiting for a whole year!!
Will Cl1nt go insane trying to wait a whole year?
Will Enki end up murdering Spork?
Is Omniscaper still alive?
Is Karajorma really a human or a Cylon?
is it true that Wolfy is not really a wolf but merely a sheep in wolf's clothing?
Will Wiley and Star Dragon start to blow things up?

Some very important questions that will be asked and raised all the way until 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes people a whole fraking six months away!!!!!

So feel free to take a breath of fresh air, walk outside, scream and curse at the wall, and come back in when feeling better :)
This shall be the thread that will be discussed the what-ifs until 2009.

Werthead has already pointed out some important bits of information.....

Roslin urges Adama to destroy the crippled Cylon basestar.

Tyrol notices that something has 'changed' about Starbuck's Viper.

Whether he means since it came back from the Nebula or since the original Viper was destroyed is unclear.

The Penultimate Four are on the hanger deck with two Cylon Centurions in the background.

Tigh tells Adama that he is a Cylon.

Lee punches Tigh. I could be wrong, but I think there's a shot of Adama punching Tigh as well.

Adama also punches a mirror with real anger and heartache.
Tory manages to get onto the Cylon basestar.

She tells Roslin she's through taking her orders and is going back to her people.

We see Tory on the basestar talking to the other Cylons, who look stunned (guess that Adama doesn't nuke the basestar after all).

Tigh is alone in the launch tube with the doors closing.

However, we then see Tigh, Anders and Tyrol in the launch tube, possibly with their hands tied together.

Starbuck is in her new Viper checking something out. We see an unusual control mechanism (not the DRADIS, looks more like a targeting computer).
Starbuck then races into the launch tube control room just as Lee and Dualla are about to space the Cylons and tells that the three Cylons have just given them Earth.

There is a shot of what looks like Raptors and shuttles decending towards a blue-white planet (Earth?).

Roslin and D'Anna in the rain in what may be a harsh landscape, not looking particularly happy.

Adama having some kind of breakdown in Lee's arms on Colonial One, talking about all the people he's sent to die.

So now is the time, the hour, the show, what the frak is going on, what will be revealed, how dark can this show get, who lives, who dies, why is a toothbrush not called a teethbrush, and most importantly will the fans be happy with this mid season ending? And will it raise more questions that it answers....... ;) Only the God(s) know the answer. :doubtful:
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »
There is always plenty of stuff that hits the cutting room floor due to time, so the process is probably less traumatic than it first seems.

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
In D. Eicks Videoblog is a vid called "Are you frakkin' kidding me?", and it gives a hint who probably bites the dust.
Hint from me: near the end of the vid...

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »
I found a couple reviews of the Reveletions Premiere event.
One of them is Spoiler-filled.
ARGH, i simply couldn't resist, and i want to watch this episode NOW!!

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 11:59:52 PM »
im doing quite well at avoiding anything TOO spoilery.

but im totally avoiding this forum now untill tuesday. im determined i wont watch it online, or find out what happens more than i already know. And i know if i come on here, il just be too tempted
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
Il admit, i just watched int on the Sc-fi website... i was planning to wait untill tuesday, but i didnt. I dunno wether im aloud to talk about what happened now or untill after its shown on tv in america.

so for now, i have some of teslas questions to answer!!!

Quote from: TESLA;102978
Will all be revealed???????????????????
Do they find Earth? Is it wrecked?
Who dies?
What ship gets blown up?
Does anyone want to go for a pint?
How can RDM leave us waiting for a whole year!!
Will Cl1nt go insane trying to wait a whole year?
Will Enki end up murdering Spork?
Is Omniscaper still alive?
Is Karajorma really a human or a Cylon?
is it true that Wolfy is not really a wolf but merely a sheep in wolf's clothing?
Will Wiley and Star Dragon start to blow things up?

1. Yes, to a certain extent
2. some dude being thrown out the baseship airlock (seriously, how many more people are there left to airlock?)
3. No
4. Sure, which pub? my local or yours?
5. Dont blame RDM, blame sci-fi
6. Hes already insane
7. Almost defineatly
8. I hope so, though im not THAT sure
9. No, but didnt we already know that?
10. That is not true
11. Almost defineatly

anyway, moveing on. I  love the really happy ending, with everyone cheering, Lee Adama stripping on that table in the CIC, Starbuck talking to Photo Kat, then everyones down on the planet looking nice and
[spoiler]MISERABLE[/spoiler]

so anyway, who acturally IS the president of the colonies? Adama or Roslin?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
They are all going to start blowing things up, soon as they see the price of Tylium.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Kyle_K_ski

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »
It seems to me from the conversation that Lee had with Roslin that she has resumed her presidential status.  She lets Lee know that he should expect to be president again due to his superb performance and even though it goes unsaid, her impending death due to her cancer.

It's remarkable really, how little was actually answered in terms of all the questions we've had.  In fact, all they did, for the most part, is reaffirm questions that we were asking and hoping that they'll answer without having to jump a shark to do it.  This actually boosts my confidence some, it's as if the writers of the show are trying to calm us worriers down by letting us know that they know what our concerns are.  Tigh's revelation to Adama is a perfect example of what I mean: during that conversation, Adama expressly states that Tigh has aged, and that's impossible for a Cylon.  Tigh's response is, well, I guess you're wrong Bill.  I basically have no idea as to what I am exactly or how I came to be.  By the way, why don't you vacuum-surf me into space before we find out the answers...  :lol:

The new questions for me are:
(1) Who is sending the signal to the four?
(2) It's clear that the three skinjobs on the hanger didn't do anything to directly alter Starbuck's viper.  So who did alter it, or was it simply activated by the Cylon radio signal as well?  
(3) Deanna said that there were only four out of the five missing Cylon skinjobs amongst the human fleet.  At the time, Roslin and Baltar were on board the Cylon baseship.  Deanna seemed genuinely pleased to see Baltar, but later on didn't really warm up to his trying to convince her to stand down the escalation of violence.  If Baltar was the final skinjob, I would think that Deanna would follow his lead, but...  So, were there any other semi-significant members of the human fleet on board the Cylon basestar when Deanna made her "...there's only four..." statement?  If so, whom?  And out of all of those, which is the most likely contender to be the fifth skinjob?
(4) Isn't Roslin supposed to die and never make it to Earth?  Yet she's clearly next to Adama on its surface at the end.  What the?  If they are on Earth, what in the world does the "breaking" of this prophecy mean?
(5) Somebody left Earth in the frying pan for too long!  How'd it get so crispy, and is it seasoned with The Colonel's secret herbs and spices?

I loved the windy and charred ending of this episode.  And for what it does cover in terms of plot and character development, it does it well, although not a whole lot is answered, and more questions are raised.

I guess I'll come back to its final 12 episodes next fall (yes, "12" and no longer "10").  :yes:  

Lots to look forward to.  And at least one more BSG movie on its way to boot!

:)

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 07:49:25 PM »
hm, for earth, id seculate we kind of didnt cut our CO2 emissions, or George Bush started a nuclear war, or even both?

Also, as for who else was on the cylon baseship: Half the viper pilots (and some raptor crews), and presumably some of the marines. Notable people include: Seelix (not likely to be the final cylon) and Hotdog.

out of the notable people there, it most likely to be Hotdog i think, hes been there fromt he start as well, though that doent seem to matter.

as for people no longer in the fleet: Kat, Billy, Eloshia, probally somemore ive forgotten about.

And is it me, or is tis the first episode weve acturally seen a baseship missile launcher up close, when they loaded the nukes?

so anyway, any theories ont he rest of the season? colonials and ylons going to Kobol, tryng to make a truce with the other cylons, and trying to get the Final Cylon?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »
Hm, the only other 'noticeable' characters on board the Basestar are Helo, Hotdog and Seelix.
Ok, there are 40+ other Pilots and Marines, but none of them has been seen before ( they are the BSG version of the TOS Star Trek - redshirts - Security crew, if someone of them get a line to speak, you'll see him/ her die later in that episode, see the Hub), so there it's unlikely one of them.

Ah, the clock is running...

Michilus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
Well that rocked. I guess they'll have no choice but to blow cavil out of the sky now.

Kyle_K_ski

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »
I don't want to push one of my observations too hard, but still...

What if they're not on Earth at the end of the episode, but rather a terraformed Mars (named after the God of War, remember, and so could signify a lot of things), or far less likely in my opinion, Venus?

Perhaps they're in the Sol System, but not yet at Earth.  Really, how would they know what Earth should like?  If they appeared above a devastated Mars, how could they know the difference?

That would mean that Roslin still hasn't made it to Earth yet, and most likely, never will.  The Prophecy will stay sacrosanct and intact.  

Just wondering what you all think of this as a probability and possibility...