Author Topic: Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS  (Read 39737 times)

harmy_tr

• View Profile
Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:11 PM »
I hate to wait , for start 2009. :(

tol82go

• View Profile
Or maybe
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
There is something that has been totally over looked. So much of the os is tied in to the re-imagining.

1 - the cylon virus
2 - Baltar negotiating with the fleet and being dumped by the cylons
3 - The malfunctioning raider (on the os it was a malfunctioning cylon)
4 - The development of a prototype recon viper
5 - The negotiation with the colonial convicts to help the fleet
6 - Starbuck helping a resistance on another planet (on the new series it was Caprica)
7 - Cain and the Pegasus with an agenda to destroy the cylons at all cost but being lost in battle
8 - The battle that cripples the Galactica and leaves Tye giving the command to seal off that part of the ship killing almost 100 crew members

So as you can see the story is changed but still based on the original. Which brings me to some missing keys to the story.
In the original starbuck was given the coordinates to Earth by the Beings of light on the ship of lights but they where not really the coordinates to Earth they where instead the coordinates to a planet called Terra. See the Beings of Light wanted Apollos help saving the planet from a war. Which brings me to the new series. I dont think they are on Earth and I think when Starbucks ship blew up she was transfered to the Ship of light that was hiding in the Maelstrom. They reproduced her ship and implanted some memories of Terra (Earth) and sent her back to the fleet. The fleet thinks they are going to earth from the coordinates in the ship and inturn end up on Terra. but I think what we have yet to see is that there is a war still raging on Terra but the war has taken its toll and they are in do position to take on this huge fleet that arrives so they are in hiding.
All speculation but I find it hard for the new series to leave out such a significant part of the original as the Beings of Light.
Also to speculate on the 5th cylon, I think it has to be someone that was on that ship when she said that. I think we can rule out Rosilin cause she has a purpose as the dying leader, and I am pretty sure we can rule out Baltar. (this is out there)But what about Six? Maybe there where 2 models that where similar in looks and that is why Deanna does not want anyone to know. Think about it, the picture on the sci-fi website shows 2......There has to be some signifigance to it.
These are just my crazy thoughts, let me know what everyone else thinks...

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »
one problem is the constellations match up, so the planet is Earth. And RDM said no aliens, so the beings of light would have to be portrayed in a way as to make them not alien-like.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

tol82go

• View Profile
maybe
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »
I still have to bevieve the Beings of Light work into the equation some how. Maybe they are the 13th colony evolved some how. In the original they where way more advanced than the rest where and if I remember correctly whenever someone encountered them everything was like new and like a dream (Starbucks ship) which makes me wonder where some of the visions come from. The os ended before the Beings of Light could ever be explored deeper. There has to be an explanation for Starbucks ship blowing up and her being back now. Starbuck being a cylon does not work. Plus she had that whole ordeal with her mom that would make that pointless if she was a cylon. Maybe she is a half cylon? That might work....
The waiting is going to be tough.lol
Oh one other thing...There has been a lot of emphasis on Boomers baby what what about Tyrols baby. How much more special is his since he is one of the 5. Or maybe we will find out that Cassi was one of the 5 and now there is serious trouble cause it was Torre that killed her.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:58:09 AM by tol82go »

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2008, 06:03:08 AM »
I don't think it's a false earth, either.

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #260 on: June 26, 2008, 06:29:01 PM »
False Earth would really sort of be a lame boring plot twist.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tikey

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »
They are in a second matrix!

Or wait, that's from somewhere else.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2008, 09:56:09 PM »
*romo lampkin walks on screen*
"This is my world Mr. Adama, my world! and here, I am god!"

ummm, oops...
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2008, 01:23:07 AM »
"Do think that is really the air you are breathing?"
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2008, 05:53:05 AM »
So...Neo is the last Cylon, and Battlestar Galactica actually found earth after the war with the Machines.

That would make a strange amount of sense.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »
Why do i see Vipers and Raptors flying in the underground tunnel system?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Angelus

• Death Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
Quote from: Wolfy;104039

They are trying to blow the Tyllium refinery, that's why they flying through the conveyer tunnels. :D

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 27, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »
Quote from: Wolfy;104039

Those Sentinels would be sooo frakked.

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
So I dont know if anyone else has put fourth this theory yet but I guess I will one of my friends came up with it based on some suggestions I made...

[spoiler] Supposedly in the next episode they will find starbucks original viper with starbuck dead inside and that that is where the colonial signal that led them to earth is coming from so... My friend's thought ( as well as mine) is that Kara ended up going through a wormhole or something reached earth and was flying in atmosphere, some nation picked her up on radar as an unknown contact freaked out thought they were being attacked and that led to WWIII. That's the short version of it anyway. She isn't the harbinger of doom for humanity in the fleet but for all humanity on earth.[/spoiler]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Always outnumbered never outgunned...

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »
interesting theory.......

might actually be onto something there.....

who knows ;)

Im just pissed ive to wait until 2009 to find out what the frak has happened to our lovely blue planet :mad:

I blame Cl1nt.
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic