Author Topic: Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS  (Read 38571 times)

Calantyr

• View Profile
Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;103660
If they where to stay on Earth, all they have left to do is make peace with the last 3 cylon models, and i dont see a peace talk lasting 10 episodes...

Yeah, that's all they have left to do...

Except learning the truth of humanities/cylons roots...
Except discovering the final Fith...
Except finding out how various characters have been manipulated throughout the course of the series (visions, etc)...
Except discovering how Starbuck came back from the dead...
Except learning the truth of the Opera house...
Except finding out the significance of the human/Cylon children...
Except finding out what destroyed Earth...
Except trying to survive on their new homeworld...
Except breaking the cycle of destruction that causes humanity to endlessly migrate across the galaxy...
Except defeating the final Cylons if they don't agree to peace...

I'm worried that they won't have ENOUGH time left in the series. Each of these points (and there are more besides) could take up an episode by themselves, and that's not including possible plot twists that throw up new issues.

And then people say they're going to go on a NEW exodus and find another homeworld? In only ten episodes? Even with all the rest of the content they need to fit in?

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
Perhaps they will all die except Hera and Nicky (Adam and Eve) and a few Earth survivors.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Rauko

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »
Not picking on Calantyr in specific, just saying this to start so theres no confusion.

Quote from: Calantyr;103704

Except breaking the cycle of destruction that causes humanity to endlessly migrate across the galaxy...

I keep hearing this same sentiment, that somehow they are breaking out of the cycle...
But I have no clue what you are talking about. I think this IS the cycle. Remember the guy in Razor told her that Starbuck was the harbinger of doom and not to follow her! Maybe HE was telling them how to break out of it.

They aren't breaking out of anything, they are still following it. This is the cycle.
I understand its up to opinion at this point, but I just wanted to bring it up since it seems to be becoming widely accepted.

Lee does say something about ending the cycle at the end of Revelations, but seriously, do you think he really knows what the cycle is? Don't you think every leader at this point in the cycle thought they were ending the cycle?

Every peace treaty is thought of as a final peace by those who sign it (sincerely at least), but they are rarely right. Right for a time maybe, but when we zoom out and look at the whole history, its just another step in the cycle.
They are reaching the end of the cycle now, then a time of cylon/human peace and I'm guessing merger until they are just people and their past differences are forgotten. But then comes the exodus.

A note on that: Humanity cannot have originated on Earth if Earth is just where the 13th tribe colonized. Where did they originally exodus from? If they go anywhere, I'd guess thats where they will go and settle, that will be the Promised Land. Earth will be left for the future 13th to resettle and eventually re-nuke.
www.BlackSwordRPG.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Josh_88

• Aerelon Viper Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2008, 09:47:41 PM »
Quote from: Calantyr;103704
Yeah, that's all they have left to do...

Except learning the truth of humanities/cylons roots...
Except discovering the final Fith...
Except finding out how various characters have been manipulated throughout the course of the series (visions, etc)...
Except discovering how Starbuck came back from the dead...
Except learning the truth of the Opera house...
Except finding out the significance of the human/Cylon children...
Except finding out what destroyed Earth...
Except trying to survive on their new homeworld...
Except defeating the final Cylons if they don't agree to peace...

I'm worried that they won't have ENOUGH time left in the series. Each of these points (and there are more besides) could take up an episode by themselves, and that's not including possible plot twists that throw up new issues.

And then people say they're going to go on a NEW exodus and find another homeworld? In only ten episodes? Even with all the rest of the content they need to fit in?

who says they need to do all this?

It's like Adama says before going to the planet, they've got nowhere else to go and they went as a group, the cylons are just as screwed in their search for earth/a new life/ running from the remaining cylons... they may just say frak it and stop caring about what happened with kara or visions or all that stuff. RDM said he chose an end to the series to have a nice, wrapped up package where he could say how it ends. that doesnt mean they will live happily ever after or answer every one of our questions. As far as we know this has all been a dream and baltar wakes up in the last episode and says wow what a trip.
Cl1nt: I for one, welcome our Spork overlords

"Sometimes you gotta roll the hard six"

David cgc

• View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/david_of_mac/
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2008, 11:39:12 PM »
No one says they need to do all of it. It was just raised as a counter to the idea that the only thing the last ten episodes can do plot-wise is stop the Ones, Fours, and Fives from trying to kill Our Heros. There are plenty of things that can be explored in the back ten.
“Just as a fun exercise, imagine what a bunch of hot chicks would think if they were reading this thread over your shoulder. I like to do that from time to time.”
Samuel T. Cogley

WMCoolmon

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2008, 05:39:09 AM »
Quote from: Rauko;103710
Not picking on Calantyr in specific, just saying this to start so theres no confusion.

I keep hearing this same sentiment, that somehow they are breaking out of the cycle...

If the ending is a literal interpretation of that phrase (that I'm not even going to repeat because it's so cliche by now), I will be enormously disappointed. To me, that's not an ending. It's essentially saying that the characters' actions were predestined so, essentially, the entire series was meaningless.

I would much rather see an ending where the cost of solving the conflict is so high, and so great, that we as an audience question whether the sacrifice was worth it or not. Or a tragic ending where all of the humans and rebel Cylons die, but somehow the Centurions retain some memory of what happened and there are overtures to an overthrow.

Something that wraps the series up, not something that coyly evades a definite ending. There've been way too many episodes in the series that've been like that for them to end it like that.

Calantyr

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
I never meant to imply that those points would have a happy ending, or that they are actually possible. They are simply plot points that are still left to address in one way or another.

By the end of the series the human race may become extinct, but to say that there's no content left to even *try* and show is quite inaccurate.

DangerousDan

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2008, 10:08:47 PM »
Have we not coined onto the possibility that the Colonies may just be the descendants of Earth? Do the maths, folks! The Ruins on Kobol (if I am not mistaken) are 2,000 years old. The sites Galactica encounters on the road to earth are progressively older and older. I believe the Temple of Five was 4,000 or 5,000 years old. Think about it! The Twelve Tribes allegedly left Kobol amidst a 'Great Burning' upon an 'Ark'. However, the ground of Kobold whilst ruined was unmarred by any nuclear fallout. My own personal theory is that humanity fled Earth after this nuclear war upon a big ship, eventually happening upon Kobol. I think old texts being what they are, the accounts got misunderstood somehow and the legend of the 13th Tribe arose.

As for what they do next, without Cavil's Cylons to hunt them down, settling upon Kobol would perhaps be a prudent solution. Or maybe a return to the Cylon Homeworld? These factors have sort of beeing forgotten, and I'm uncertain how many Cylons remain in the Colonies and on the Homeworld itself.

Thoughts?

Deckard

• eltiT resU motsuC
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:49 AM »
Quote from: Wolfy;103644
yes, they have these 'magic med kits', however, do you think they have enough for the entire fleet to survive on earth, and remake the human race there. thats over 30,000 med kits per day maybe?

And where is that half forgotten sense to determine what's irony and normal talk out here? :)
-
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Cl1nt

• Cheesy Oneliner, B1tches.
    • View Profile
    • http://frakturedreality.ismywebsite.com
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2008, 02:41:52 AM »
I love it whenever somebody new comes along, makes a point they think no one else has discussed and then we have another 10 pages of bullshit erupt in a crappy thread. Go team!
Or something.

There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2008, 02:57:56 AM »
What you don't watch re-runs? :P
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DangerousDan

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
Quote from: Cl1nt;103786
I love it whenever somebody new comes along, makes a point they think no one else has discussed and then we have another 10 pages of bullshit erupt in a crappy thread. Go team!

;D

Glad to be of help.

James

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
maybe the Eastern alliance annihalated the planet?
Gods help us......THE MOUNTAIN DEW IS GONE!

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2008, 02:23:32 PM »
Quote from: Cl1nt;103786

Billy/Zak is the fifth!1!11oen1neo1!1

discuss.

Mauler85

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »
at least they won't go BS 1980

But here's my idea. They are the Founders of the Greek Society. I think it will all end in a major stand off ending with all of the ships being destroyed either with a few thousand left on the surface or all hands.

1st scenario ends with the eventual De-evolution of the survivors much like we see with people who get stranded on secluded islands. Evenually over the millenia?? cultural De-Evolution follows.

2nd scenario all that is left is a books, scrolls, and texts that survived in the bigger chunks of the ships and what crawls out of the ashes of whatever happened to Earth. Thus creating the Greek Gods and Constilations
Starbuck Get this Frakking Cylon off my ASS Gorramit.... opps wrong show heh heh heh :nervous: