Author Topic: Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS  (Read 19140 times)

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Excuse me but isn't RDM the main writer for the show? Did he actually stop???
I wouldn't if it was my heart and soul, plus further more I'd have the jump on every other idiots who DID stop! (not that they don't deserve a raise, they had a point about DVD's)

What's going to happen, the writing police kick down my door cause a psychic told them I was typing on my PC at night working on BSG with my shades closed???

PLEASE...

I'd rather be spoiled now than wait another year now that I've gotten more and more angry as this "season" has progressed...
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
Quote from: Star Dragon;102391
Excuse me but isn't RDM the main writer for the show? Did he actually stop???
I wouldn't if it was my heart and soul, plus further more I'd have the jump on every other idiots who DID stop! (not that they don't deserve a raise, they had a point about DVD's)

What's going to happen, the writing police kick down my door cause a psychic told them I was typing on my PC at night working on BSG with my shades closed???

PLEASE...

I'd rather be spoiled now than wait another year now that I've gotten more and more angry as this "season" has progressed...

some of them might of been doing some work during the strike, but during the day, most of the writers where on the picket lines of the strike.

Also, you cant write episodes you havent really planned. And from what i can tell, most of there material was in there office. i read in one of the writers blogs about them going back to the offices and all there material still being how it was when they left to go on strike. im just not sure whos blog it was
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
This is a game by the network, not the writers or production.
Honestly, I'm salty enough about this bs delay not to buy the sets anymore.
I just don't like being jerked around by marketing trash.
If I catch anymore shows after this fine, but I'm not wasting anymore time on this commercial felgercarb.
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
Quote from: Werthead;102380
Except that they've just started shooting the series finale this week and completed post on up to ep 16 or 17, I believe. They could show the whole series right through with no problem whatsoever. As others have said, they're splitting the season solely to make more money. The main motivation seems to be that they can split the Season 4 DVD sets and charge $50 for each half-season rather than $60 for the whole season box set (this is the same crap they pulled with Season 2). Plus they probably want to use Season 4.5 to generate audiences for Caprica which should air around the same time.

I heard primary shooting was a wrap, but between your and my estimations it's still only a one week delta.  And if post is already done through 16/17 you are only confirming there would be plenty of time to finish the rest with a 6-8 week break.  We agree it is Universal Suits in charge of this piss-ant call.

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
probably still have alot of work left to do on the special effects, music, all the other stuff to go with it.....
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
Here's a two-minute preview of the ep. Interesting stuff.

There's some confusion at the moment as apparently the Sci-Fi Channel are considering expanding the two-part finale to three hours. They'll have to make that call soon as they're shooting the second half of the finale next week, so if they want to go to a third ep they'll have to whack it onto the following and week and have the writers flesh out the script between now and then.
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
In response i can only say

I wanna see it now!!!!
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 12:15:25 AM »
Interesting.

There's a special screening in LA of the mid-season finale tonight, with RDM, Mary McDonnell and Eddie Olmos present, among many others. Apparently they're really keen to guage the fans' reactions to certain scenes.

This also means that spoilers for the whole episode will be appearing in a few hours, two days prior to the broadcast.

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 02:57:41 AM »
According to Scifi.com you can watch the entire episode streamed online each hour starting at 9 am Friday June 13th.
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »
Quote from: wiley;102930
According to Scifi.com you can watch the entire episode streamed online each hour starting at 9 am Friday June 13th.

so they dont want the UK to be ahead of them, probally because it will lower ratings

but they dont mind there fans watching it online instead of on TV? unless they count online views into there ratings for how much programs where watched?
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »
You can't stream Sci-Fi Channel website or Hulu stuff outside of the USA. Well, you can, but you need to set up a US proxy server which is a bit of a pain.

The biggest revelation from the episode, (apart from the obvious, which I think everyone knows about by now):

[spoiler]D'Anna only wants the Four because the Fifth 'Isn't in the Fleet'. WTH?[/spoiler]

Looks like we need to start guessing again.

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »
is that earth is see in the trailer, where all the ships are flying too??
-Albert Einstein

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
[spoiler]Yes. The coordinates were hidden in Starbuck's Viper's targetting computer all along.[/spoiler]

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »
cheers :)

....dont think there is any need for the spoiler tags, the title of
    the thread says 'MAJOR SPOILERS'
-Albert Einstein

Kyle_K_ski

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
Actually, I'm grateful that the posters who do know what's actually going to happen during the mid-season cliffhanger are using the invisotext.  The title of this thread includes the word "speculation" in it, and while spoilers are warned about, I think that most people would interpret the pairing of those two words in a fashion similar to how I understand it, which is, "Hey kids, come here and talk about what you think is going to happen, and don't be surprised if some of your guesses end up being correct, meaning that they'll be spoilers..."

If that's how I was thinking when I first entered this thread, and then read text that clearly was accurate due to coming from a production source, well, I'd be upset by that, and that's exactly what's going on now.  Please keep the invisotext for actual non-speculative spoilers.  I suggest that we start a whole new thread regarding Episode 12 once it starts airing.

Ain't It Cool News has posted up a spoiler free review of the cliffhanger, and it sounds like a hell of a ride (click here for article: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37054 ).  

I am so happy that they're streaming it tomorrow on the hour every hour in the U.S.A.  I better get my kayak and paddles out...

:)