Author Topic: Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS  (Read 20273 times)

Werthead

• View Profile
I'll just point out that I really hate the numbering system for this season, but I adhered to it to prevent confusion with the previous episode thread.

Anyway trailers for the next episode:

The Canadian one.

The US one.

What we know:

This is the final episode until 2009 (arrgh!). Current rumours suggest that the show will be back in early January 2009 though, rather than having to wait all the way until next April.
It's written by Bradley Thompson and David Weddle, who have written some of the show's biggest episodes.
It's directed by Michael Rymer, who's directed most of of the major episodes of the series as well.
David Eick has apparently said that the mid-season cliffhanger, by itself, is as big as New Caprica.
Katee Sackhoff has said they could have finished with either 410 or 411 (or 412/413 using the official production numbers) as the final episode of the whole series. Difficult to see how that tracks with the 'cliffhanger' note above though.
According to other souces, Lee is going to wish he never became president and Cylon forces will hold Roslin prisoner in an attempt to flush the Final Five out of hiding.
There will be more 'webisodes' bridging Seasons 4.0-4.5, suggesting a possible gap of time between the two halves of the season.

From the trailers (do we spoil these or not? Doing it for safety):

[spoiler]Roslin urges Adama to destroy the crippled Cylon basestar.
Tyrol notices that something has 'changed' about Starbuck's Viper. Whether he means since it came back from the Nebula or since the original Viper was destroyed is unclear.
The Penultimate Four are on the hanger deck with two Cylon Centurions in the background.
Tigh tells Adama that he is a Cylon.
Lee punches Tigh. I could be wrong, but I think there's a shot of Adama punching Tigh as well.
Adama also punches a mirror with real anger and heartache.
Tory manages to get onto the Cylon basestar. She tells Roslin she's through taking her orders and is going back to her people. We see Tory on the basestar talking to the other Cylons, who look stunned (guess that Adama doesn't nuke the basestar after all).
Tigh is alone in the launch tube with the doors closing.
However, we then see Tigh, Anders and Tyrol in the launch tube, possibly with their hands tied together.
Starbuck is in her new Viper checking something out. We see an unusual control mechanism (not the DRADIS, looks more like a targeting computer).
Starbuck then races into the launch tube control room just as Lee and Dualla are about to space the Cylons and tells that the three Cylons have just given them Earth.
There is a shot of what looks like Raptors and shuttles decending towards a blue-white planet (Earth?).
Roslin and D'Anna in the rain in what may be a harsh landscape, not looking particularly happy.
Adama having some kind of breakdown in Lee's arms on Colonial One, talking about all the people he's sent to die.[/spoiler]

Something tells me this isn't going to be this season's 'comedy episode' :eek2:
Visit The Wertzone for all your SF&F Needs

KewlToyZ

• View Profile
    • http://www.kewltoyz.com
Episode 4x10: Revelations speculation/discussion MAJOR SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »
How can they call these few episodes a season?
When they said the final season episode I wasn't just irritated I was disenfranchised by the whole use of the show by Sci Fi channel
Nothing bothers me I\'m already disturbed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

combat

• Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Jannuary 2009?!! Damit
Well i just hope stargate atlantis starts showing new episodes soon
Tomorrow The End of the World
Next tuesday Bingo

Blue Lion

• Higonaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »
Those are coming out in July I believe
Suddenly, and without warning, it became a real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos

FOX2PRO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:13 PM »
Umm, SciFi says it's airing it next Friday...I'm pretty sure this season is non-stop, or something close to it.

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:03:33 AM »
Episode 410 (aka 412), Revelations, airs next Friday in the USA and is the mid-season finale. The next episode, Sometimes a Great Notion, will not air until January 2009 at the earliest according to the tagline on the ads.

Even though we've known about this for ages, it still sucks.

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
Quote from: KewlToyZ;102243
How can they call these few episodes a season?
When they said the final season episode I wasn't just irritated I was disenfranchised by the whole use of the show by Sci Fi channel

Officially they aren't, this is just the "first half" of the season.  I would be OK with that if it was a few weeks between first half second half but this IS getting ridiculous.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 02:25:22 PM »
you have to renember, the writers stike happened while the second half of the season was still being written, and you cant just film an episode and show it, you have to go through all the post production and those kinds of things, and sci-fi then needs an empty slot to show it in.

As much as i hate to admit it, you cant blame sci-fi for this one, its acturally the writers strike you need to blame. But the writers strike happened due to the TV companies, such as sci-fi...

Just blame the american tv channels in general come to think of it
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Ender

• Imperious leador
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »
star gate atlantis starts july 12 but i swear to god i seen sometinhg said it was june 12 or somewhere near that

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;102291
you have to renember, the writers stike happened while the second half of the season was still being written, and you cant just film an episode and show it, you have to go through all the post production and those kinds of things, and sci-fi then needs an empty slot to show it in.

As much as i hate to admit it, you cant blame sci-fi for this one, its acturally the writers strike you need to blame. But the writers strike happened due to the TV companies, such as sci-fi...

The writers strike was nowhere near as long as the season break is scheduled to go, and Sci-Fi had announced BEFORE the strike that they were going to split the season with dates TBD.  So I would accept a six to eight week break with little complaint, but making the break a minimum of six months is ridiculous.  

Primary photography is already finished for the entire series which would leave 11+~8 weeks on that kind of schedule to finish post production and vfx before the final episode would need to be in the can to air.  Well within constraints to produce quality work.  Now we get 26+ weeks of dead-time plus the 11+ ~8 before the final episode airs.  WAAAYYYY more than is necessary to do quality post-production work, it's just pure capricious schedule delay.

combat

• Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 07:39:01 PM »
but where did you find out about the 6 month midseson break
Tomorrow The End of the World
Next tuesday Bingo

TripRussell

• View Profile
    • http://www.c2r-3.us
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
after this eppie.. the BIG wait begins

wiley

• acme customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:04:16 PM »
Quote from: TripRussell;102332
after this eppie.. the BIG wait begins

Gives us all time for some really bizarre speculation.
Oh wait, we don't need time for that!
Whoever said "It\'s not whether you win or lose" -- Probably lost!

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »
Quote from: combat;102325
but where did you find out about the 6 month midseson break

Sci-fi commercials say in BSG returns in 2009!  That's actually a little over six months, but close enough for bitching purposes.

Werthead

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 02:28:20 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;102291

Except that they've just started shooting the series finale this week and completed post on up to ep 16 or 17, I believe. They could show the whole series right through with no problem whatsoever. As others have said, they're splitting the season solely to make more money. The main motivation seems to be that they can split the Season 4 DVD sets and charge $50 for each half-season rather than $60 for the whole season box set (this is the same crap they pulled with Season 2). Plus they probably want to use Season 4.5 to generate audiences for Caprica which should air around the same time.