Author Topic: Episode 4x11 "The Hub" Discussion *SPOILERS INSIDE* (Obviously)  (Read 7702 times)

Roy Fokker

• Veritech Viper Ace
    • View Profile
Episode 4x11 "The Hub" Discussion *SPOILERS INSIDE* (Obviously)
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »
Quote from: Blue Lion;102312
This just wasn't a BSG thread until Lepton came in and told us how terrible the show is.

Seems that there's one on every forum.

Enki

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 06:52:11 PM »
Quote from: newman;102285
Actually.. a nuclear detonation doesn't vaporize anything. It does fry stuff though - change chemical properties of something, etc. But a human body doesn't just disappear. If the vipers were still intact, cooked human remains should have remained in the cockpit. A nuke isn't a star trek phaser which 'vaporizes' stuff.

Well to be fair if you are close enough to the blast the heat and radiation will strip your atoms from each other in a nice simulation of vaporization and then further vaporization and ionization of said vapor.  

I do though agree with you this is completely not the case with the Vipers. Since in order to destroy the pilots matter we wouldn't have a Viper around afterwards either.

kvitske

• Hemiola
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 07:20:58 PM »
Yay for the best BSG episode ever! (No, 2nd best after "Pegasus")

combat

• Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
the heavy radier on galactica was a simple ram into the hanger easy for a auto pilot
Tomorrow The End of the World
Next tuesday Bingo

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
Quote from: combat;102326
the heavy radier on galactica was a simple ram into the hanger easy for a auto pilot

or maybe there was a pilot, however he/she died int he crash, seeming they are basically only human, and they would of resserected
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Destructor!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »
Oh, my bad, I thought they had their canopies. The Mark II they passed definitely did.

Echo 1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:43 AM »
Quote from: wiley;102301
Didn't Roslin appear to be just a little too comfortable aboard that Basestar?
Yes she did. So was Baltar. Like he was talking to an old friend.

newman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
Quote from: Enki;102320
Well to be fair if you are close enough to the blast the heat and radiation will strip your atoms from each other in a nice simulation of vaporization and then further vaporization and ionization of said vapor.  

I do though agree with you this is completely not the case with the Vipers. Since in order to destroy the pilots matter we wouldn't have a Viper around afterwards either.

Yep, that's what I was referring to - the vipers still being intact. If the cockpit's still there, so should the human remains.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 09:33:09 AM »
Quote from: Echo 1;102358
Yes she did. So was Baltar. Like he was talking to an old friend.

with Baltar its understandable, he spent alot of season 3 on a baseship, and alot of that was talking to a hybrid
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Sidestep

• Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
Quote from: Wolfy;102308
i really quite liked that episode.

Furthermore, it appeaars Roslin could be coming around to the Cylon Religeon now as well.

Baltars convosation with the centurian was classic, but it was almost like he wanted the centurians to rebel, which would be bad, to say the least.

As for the battle, we now know viers can deliver nukes (but we know they where cylon nukes, seeming Galactica doesnt carry many). Also, did amyone else notie the cylons must have either defensive missiles or some flak, when 2 of the baseships where engaged, there was a small area of explosions, nothing like a battlestars defensive field, but still there

I saw that as well, looked like the damaged basestar was firing nukes to defend itself from the nukes heading for it, but a couple still managed to get through.

Baltar was great in this episode, he gets funnier as the series goes on...

Star Dragon

• EDF Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2008, 03:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Blue Lion;102312
This just wasn't a BSG thread until Lepton came in and told us how terrible the show is.

WTFRAK? You better watch yourself Lepton, "That's MY job!"

Kidding... :naughty:

Besides, I think I sense a late convert?
OMG am I channeling Baltar?  :nervous:
"Don\'t think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

Coordinator Robotech Mod II
Coordinator FS2 Star Fleet Academy

My powers outside the Robotech section are weak. (as it should be)

Part-time fringe member of the cult of Karajorma :naughty:

TESLA

• Fire and Ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
Thought it was a great episode, though would have liked bigger battlescene of course.
Didnt think the music suited the fighting though.....
So is that the only number 3 there is??? Or are all the rest dead?
True religion is real living; living with all one\'s soul, with all one\'s goodness and righteousness
-Albert Einstein

Donít be afraid to try anything once! Remember amateurs built the Ark, professionals built Titanic

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 06:59:38 PM »
thats the only 3, the rest are, as you put it, dead. Supported by the line "Im the last damned 3 in the universe", or someting like that

Is anyone else intrested int he line about Scar? like, hes meant to be dead, but Adama mentions him in  one of  Roslins Jump Visions...

and could Eloshia be the final muppet? i mean cylon. though i seriously doubt she is, but theres that many people it may be
Wolfy is bored
Wolfy is tired
Wolfy will bite you

Elthis

• Callsign: Elthis
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 08:07:49 PM »
Quote from: Wolfy;102896

Is anyone else intrested int he line about Scar? like, hes meant to be dead, but Adama mentions him in  one of  Roslins Jump Visions...

I thought I had heard the same line too until I went back and looked at it again....

What you thought you heard:

"and I saw Scar...the Cylon had saved my life...and I had done it no service."

What was actually said:

"I didn't see a garden. I saw a scar. This island had saved my life and I had done it no service."

It was an easy mistake to make, as I thought the same as you the first time I heard it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six.

Crixx

• Give the order.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »
Quote from: TESLA;102873
Didnt think the music suited the fighting though.....

I liked the fact that it wasn't just generic "fuck yeah, let's kill some toasters!" music. The music reflects the consequences of destroying the hub, and the fact that the events happening have the possibility of leading to tragedy.

Therefore instead of the usual drums, we get a more orchestral tune to convey that this isn't like the battles we've seen before. This isn't just repelling Cylons in a brash maneuver - this is the death knell of Cylon Ressurection and the beginning of something that could turn out to have dire consequences.

As you can probably tell, i'm not exactly a music professional :p , but this is what I experienced from the music in this episode.